Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:39:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 285 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of the paper money  (Read 416529 times)
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:20:23 PM

It will take years and years for paper money to be banned and for digital currency to take over.

The risk of this will be hackers, there's a bunch out there and it's not completely save.

Believe me, there is more "hackers" working with paper money, fiat, than with digital currencies, from my point of view we will be more safe with crypto than with all those fiat guys....

Ofc new "ways" to do "the same" will come, but it will not be as worst as now with fiat money.

I believe that paper money will exist for so many years, I don't see any replacement for paper money in the coming years, If we talk about cryptos then they will be more popular in coming years but I don't think that it can replace paper currency as the market cap of paper currency is very high and there are users who will never leave paper currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:17:01 AM

I don't think paper money will be banned, I think each 'concept of money' can coexist with no problem.

Unless you become technologically obsolete.
For example: Rai Stones  Tongue

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:26:46 AM

I don't think paper money will be banned, I think each 'concept of money' can coexist with no problem.

it would be fun to have some government bannind them and other no, so you can always exchange for cash if you go abroad

i'm very in doubt that cash will be banned in every part of the world, there is heavy mafia running in some country, they will not let it happen...
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:32:30 AM

it would be fun to have some government bannind them and other no, so you can always exchange for cash if you go abroad
i'm very in doubt that cash will be banned in every part of the world, there is heavy mafia running in some country, they will not let it happen...

If it is banned by a government, how will you exchange it for cash when you go abroad? That really doesn't make sense. Fiat money (paper or otherwise) derives its value only from the willingness of the government to accept it.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 10:59:59 AM

If it is banned by a government, how will you exchange it for cash when you go abroad? That really doesn't make sense. Fiat money (paper or otherwise) derives its value only from the willingness of the government to accept it.

i think you did not followed what i've said, if in one country is banned you simply go where it is not and do a withdrawal on the local atm, and voila cash again, can only be used there though
erickimani

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 11:50:47 AM

the paper money will eventually disappear. this has been seen by the increase use of the credit cards, and the mobile money buying services. Nowadays the amount of paper money that is in circulation is very little and this is raising alarm. for the cryptocurrency, the governments are coming to terms with the fact that now power is returning to the people, they want to regulate this by producing their own cryptocurrency to counter the independent currency.At the end,  the government always wins. this will mean that bitcoin will lose its value as people will be limited to use it.
zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 01:29:39 PM

the paper money will eventually disappear. this has been seen by the increase use of the credit cards, and the mobile money buying services. Nowadays the amount of paper money that is in circulation is very little and this is raising alarm. for the cryptocurrency, the governments are coming to terms with the fact that now power is returning to the people, they want to regulate this by producing their own cryptocurrency to counter the independent currency.At the end,  the government always wins. this will mean that bitcoin will lose its value as people will be limited to use it.
With digital currency we don't know what will happen maybe all the salary one makes will be exchanged from the government's to bitcoin?
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:32:18 PM

i hope papper money always exist until several years,i dont want if my child on future doesnt know what is papper money,and not feel happy when i give digital money Grin
but i think its never happen on some country,esspesially poor country..
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:52:51 PM

modern financial markets are behaviourally and structurally different to anything that was previously conceptualised.  It would have seemed impossible previously to assert that central banks would ever need to take interest rates below zero, but we exist at a time where that is possible and many argue necessary.  “Paying a negative interest rate on currency, or on electronic reserves at the central bank, may seem barbaric to some…” writes Rogoff, “But it is arguably no more barbaric than inflation, which similarly reduces the real purchasing power of currency.”   With any paper money in circulation, and no deflation wiggle-room, it becomes close to impossible for bank rates to (in reality) breach zero.

this is i found from here http://thoughteconomics.com/the-end-of-paper-money/
Zaun

Activity: 770

Forza Roma

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 04:10:15 PM

Nah, I don't see it dissapearing. Sure we got e-currencies, but that's all traceble. People who care about anonimity would want to stash it in somewhere.

Not just the criminals, but also regular people. Isn't it our right to manage and maintain our own money where and how we want?
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 04:40:04 PM

It will dissapear eventually, there are just to many cons for it. The money involved to maintained being the best one.
But not within a few years. Most propably in a decade or so
Nunu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 04:55:26 AM

Paper money will stay forever.
Why? Because its easier to make than coins.

yeah, paper money is easier to make than coins and lighter to carry, too.  Cheesy

But paper money is easier to produce as fake money. They can't produce fake coins, can they?  Huh Shocked

Mr. Forum

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 05:51:20 AM

Paper money will not be completely banned. What will happen is the legalization of the digital money thus giving options to the people either to transact through the paper one or digital based.  Digital currency and to be specific, bitcoins when accepted  by a majority of countries as a official currency will mean that banks will have no option but cope up with the trend. As much as there are people who value digital money, there are those who will still be glued to paper money and thus it can not be scrapped away.
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 04:40:45 PM

It will take years and years for paper money to be banned and for digital currency to take over.

The risk of this will be hackers, there's a bunch out there and it's not completely save.

Believe me, there is more "hackers" working with paper money, fiat, than with digital currencies, from my point of view we will be more safe with crypto than with all those fiat guys....

Ofc new "ways" to do "the same" will come, but it will not be as worst as now with fiat money.

yeah after the majority of fiat money has been transferred into a crypto then the hacker will turn their attention
to crypto currency.

paper money is safer than crypto currency.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 10:41:07 PM

Paper money will not be completely banned. What will happen is the legalization of the digital money thus giving options to the people either to transact through the paper one or digital based.  Digital currency and to be specific, bitcoins when accepted  by a majority of countries as a official currency will mean that banks will have no option but cope up with the trend. As much as there are people who value digital money, there are those who will still be glued to paper money and thus it can not be scrapped away.
Also as long as you cannot use BTC at a merchant if your smartphone's battery is drained, paper money will exist. I usually pay for things with my fiat paypass card. But, there is always a few bank notes next to my bank card just in case there is some problem with the merchants' POS terminals or with the internet connection. So as long as someone solves the problem of paying offline with the BTCs, paper money will still exist.
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 11:47:40 PM

Also as long as you cannot use BTC at a merchant if your smartphone's battery is drained, paper money will exist. I usually pay for things with my fiat paypass card. But, there is always a few bank notes next to my bank card just in case there is some problem with the merchants' POS terminals or with the internet connection. So as long as someone solves the problem of paying offline with the BTCs, paper money will still exist.

Yes, there is no substitute for paper money in the coming years for sure, it may loose its popularity because of e-currencies like bitcoins and many other which would exist in future, but paper will stay in the market and cannot get simply disappear as the people have more faith in paper currency as compared to cryptos.
Qastessa

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 08:18:44 AM

I think bitcoin and paper money will coexist for long time. When there is a sudden loss of electricity or internet connection, paper money is useful.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 09:23:08 AM

Andrew Haldane said one solution would be for the Bank of England to issue a state-backed digital currency based on bitcoin. Supporting this initiative would be a negative interest rate levied on paper currency relative to the digital currency

What exactly would be the point of this? Maybe I'm missing something but wouldn't it just be the same as regular money? If it did happen I very much doubt the Bank of England would allow people to use the currency anonymously. You can already use British Pound anywhere you want online, what would make this new digital currency a better alternative?
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 11:47:47 AM

Yes, there is no substitute for paper money in the coming years for sure, it may loose its popularity because of e-currencies like bitcoins and many other which would exist in future, but paper will stay in the market and cannot get simply disappear as the people have more faith in paper currency as compared to cryptos.
It's not only future e-currencies that can be a competitor for BTC. If you just think about shopping on a website and don't care about investing, BTC is really similar to paypal and the other e-money companies in the meaning of payment processing during a buying. People are using now Paypal and others, there will be no problem to get used to BTC as well.
tom555

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 01:29:29 PM

paper money will always exist,it never have ending,you know so many countries use paper money for payment.
but i also believe that sometime paper money will not popular again,but it just on a big country like US,and never end in small country.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 285 »
  Print  

Jump to: