Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:30:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I quit trading  (Read 242485 times)
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 12:05:03 AM

simply hold your coins. sit back and enjoy seeing your coins increase in value as we're getting closer to the block halving. that's what i would do if i stopped with trading.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
futurebit640

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 01:46:20 AM

Good decision. It's very hard to make money in BTC trading even you work for it full time. You need to do long term trades (buy at bottom-hold-sell at top), it should increase your trading accuracy.

What you said buy at low is very simple to say but what is the bottom price any idea? so instead of waiting like the you can buy in small quantities whenever you can buy and wait for prices to increase to sell to take profit but if your into full time trading then it is quite difficult to make profits regularly and some times you may need to wait for long time make profits from these trades.
scriptman

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 02:08:05 PM

You could always invest in some opportunities on here.

I have one which you may be interested in for a good return over 26 weeks.

PM me if you would like to know more.

Thanks
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:16:35 PM

You can try Forex market with Bitcoins, may be profit will be not very high, but you can continue to get something  Wink If you do not have Forex market experience, better do not try Forex untill you have enough experience  Grin

I am extremely experienced and successful at forex trading, and it is certainly a good place to invest your money. All it takes is a little bit of learning and dedication.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:13:56 PM

Well is one of the first persons that says his results and well into 2 years is something to show that exchange turn into a loss as well not soo easy to profit,and yes without time to make your positions is hard to profit ,looks you must look for other feature besides exchange .
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:03:16 PM

Buy Gold dude, I think gold is good investment   Wink
knowhow

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:23:18 PM

Gold is quite more risky then bitcoin because banks and fortunes hold it and play those market,i remember a day gold lost around 100 dollars of its value,bitcoin mooves around the same but harder to react to bad new into economy ,that happens with gold.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 05:12:11 PM

Lots of things you could do with that money, invest in building a website or start a business.
Buy some precious metals with it or invest it in stocks or bonds.

edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 06:33:00 AM

So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Deposited: 47BTC (roughly)

Withdrew: 40BTC (roughly)

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

Now the question is: what the fuck do i do now with my money.

Learn about quantitative value investing.  Look up Joel Greenblatt.  Read The Little Book That Beat the Market.  Read about Wesley Grey.  Subscribe to YCharts maybe.  You may want to begin with the basics, like some Benjamin Graham and Warren Buffett. You don't have to do a lot of work if you do it qualitatively and don't touch it.  Set a target for "fair value" and wait.  If you pick a basket of the best stocks and buy them, and/or short the worst stocks based on historically sound metrics you will beat the market by miles.  It's when you get too involved with the decision making that you hurt your returns.

futurebit640

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 06:35:42 AM

Gold is quite more risky then bitcoin because banks and fortunes hold it and play those market,i remember a day gold lost around 100 dollars of its value,bitcoin mooves around the same but harder to react to bad new into economy ,that happens with gold.

I think you understood wrongly about gold investments. Gold is always best investment option for long term plans. If you see the history of last 30 to 40 years gold has given more profits than stock markets but if your talking about short term then I don't know how it will move.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 03:38:18 AM

I recently started on Bitcoin and I've bought some altcoins too. I'm a little disappointed since I expected to trade up some of these altcoins and then buy more Bitcoins but it's rather worthless unless you have a good amount of money.

If I were you I would keep at least 5 BTC just in case it goes mainstream by 2020. The rest I would sell it in the next bubble, even something like $300-400 will be great if it happens in the next months.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 01:41:37 PM

you can perform a giveaway to us to share it. it will make us all happy here. I wait for it.  Grin
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 08:43:00 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2015, 08:58:46 PM by deisik

Well is one of the first persons that says his results and well into 2 years is something to show that exchange turn into a loss as well not soo easy to profit,and yes without time to make your positions is hard to profit ,looks you must look for other feature besides exchange .

I started with around 1.7 BTC in January, and by June I had about 8 BTC, 90% of which came from trading Doge:BTC pair. Since it was all manual and rather exhausting, I switched to automatic trading (and to BTC:USD pair), earned (and learned) something, and right now I'm developing two bots, one for a fiat exchange (it is already bringing in profits) and another for arbitrage on BTC exchanges (still in the works). Autotrading at one exchange hasn't been very profitable recently (not enough volatility, wtf)...

I'm aiming at 1% daily (as a minimum)

MargaretsDream

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:54:28 PM

OP at least you have gained the experience. There are many bots out there that won't require you to give it full time and will improve your trading as you already have the necessary knowledge. If not just sit back and sell in the runup to halving.
knowhow

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 09:26:20 PM

I started with around 1.7 BTC in January, and by June I had about 8 BTC, 90% of which came from trading Doge:BTC pair. Since it was all manual and rather exhausting, I switched to automatic trading (and to BTC:USD pair), earned (and learned) something, and right now I'm developing two bots, one for a fiat exchange (it is already bringing in profits) and another for arbitrage on BTC exchanges (still in the works). Autotrading at one exchange hasn't been very profitable recently (not enough volatility, wtf)...

I'm aiming at 1% daily (as a minimum)

Well its an amazing result into the tradying system,making a bot sounds good let me know when some trial version ready to test.I dont know why but these month the market is hot but volatility is very low raising the risks into any coin.
About the experience taken from these last 2 years im pretty sure that even with such knowledge he owns now he can keep trading and the results can be the same as before,the market is very volatil some wins others loose .
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 09:22:19 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2015, 09:40:21 AM by deisik

Well its an amazing result into the tradying system,making a bot sounds good let me know when some trial version ready to test.I dont know why but these month the market is hot but volatility is very low raising the risks into any coin

Trading bots are not a panacea. If you can't earn by hand, bots will only magnify your losses. They can make life easier, but they still can't think for you...

dre1982

Activity: 770
Merit: 284

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 09:37:35 AM

Just withdraw them and keep them somewhere safe. After 10 years you could pay off your house with it. Cheesy

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
knowhow

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 12:07:55 AM

Well its an amazing result into the tradying system,making a bot sounds good let me know when some trial version ready to test.I dont know why but these month the market is hot but volatility is very low raising the risks into any coin

Trading bots are not a panacea. If you can't earn by hand, bots will only magnify your losses. They can make life easier, but they still can't think for you...

I know about it the fact is to play with crypto must have time and some information and join the coin on the right moment.But more important is that it requires time to search and be sure where to invest.
arnav95

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:33:29 AM

i wanted to become a trader.one of my friend nearly convinced me to quit my engineering and become a day trader.i opened a demo account at fxcm did very good there, then i started trading on secondstrade and i am in a debt.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

i wanted to become a trader.one of my friend nearly convinced me to quit my engineering and become a day trader.i opened a demo account at fxcm did very good there, then i started trading on secondstrade and i am in a debt.

giving up to job/school for trading is a pure gamble, you should nopt do it ever, it require to have a good experience before doing anything

and i would suggest to start with a small amount to try how the thing work, don't bother in any other case
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: