Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:16:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a buddy I can add to skype who I can throw economics questions at  (Read 702 times)
mcplums (OP)

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:08:22 PM

Hey chaps,

Every week or so I find myself with some economics related question which is sufficiently technical that I can't find the answer with a simple google search. What I would really love is to have a 'go to guy' to ask these questions to. I know personally how much I enjoy teaching others about something I know a lot about (for example bitcoin) and so I'm hoping that there are others who know a lot about economics who would enjoy teaching me!

It doesn't have to be on skype of course- just an email address would be fine!

I want to state though that I'm not an economics noobie, my questions are relatively 'high level'. Please do not volunteer unless you are really quite clued up about this kind of thing! My particular interest (and most of my questions I imagine) relate to central banking. I am from the UK so may have slightly UK focused questions but I don't think it would matter if you're not also from UK. Example questions I have right now/have had in the past:

1) What is the relationship between the UK base rate and LIBOR- why are they not identical? Does LIBOR involve 'central bank reserves' or regular money supply?
2) How does physical money (notes/coins) enter the economy? What does a bank do or sell to increase its supply of physical currency?
3) When a central bank reimburses banks at the base rate- does this money come from anywhere or are balances simply increased by X% on the central bank's computer?

I am not asking for these specific questions to be answered now- just giving these an examples of the kind of questions I have!

Thanks in advance chaps!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:59:34 AM

Good questions, the reason that most of the central banks mechanism are not known is because only a few people have the access of such level of information and they never reveal the truth to majorities because it is just layers and layers of illusions and scams

Maybe you can get an overview by watching <The Biggest Scam In The History Of Mankind> : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0

catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:07:28 PM

Start from here:

The more honest thief
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=655582.0

The interest is the biggest scam in the history of human kind. The majority of people dont know that.
Harry Hood

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 03:39:11 AM

How much will you pay me?

1) LIBOR vs. base: LIBOR (London Inter-bank Offering Rate) is the rate at which banks lend and borrow to each other. The base rate is the rate offered to lenders with the best credit history. The base rate will always be slightly higher than LIBOR.

PM me...

pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:31:53 AM

If you offer a small bounty and post these questions in this forum, they will be answered very quickly.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 06:03:38 AM

I'm in...i'll answer all the questions you need for a mere BTC0.05 per answer.

Send them my way and I'll respond in any format you prefer.

koinsuka

Activity: 164

Zap.org - Data Feed Oracle Marketplace

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 06:09:14 AM

government-owned central bank will not be open to the
public policy to avoid the financial strategy of the
country known to the bug

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Zap StoreDecentralized Marketplace for Oracles ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Token Sale October 21st ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ FacebookTwitterLinkedYouTube ■  WhitepaperReddit ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
mcplums (OP)

Activity: 146

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:38:09 AM

If you offer a small bounty and post these questions in this forum, they will be answered very quickly.

a) I don't want anyone helping me out who doesn't actually want to for their own sake, so a bounty is no good.
b) I am poor anyway
c) In my experience answering similar questions on this forum most people are not educated enough on the subject to help me. I get a lot of noise. This thread included. That is why I'd like to find a specific individual to ask questions to instead of just posting on the forum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: