Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:42:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 21 co introducing bitcoin [mining+] computer for $399.99 (unofficial thread)  (Read 5126 times)
Biodom (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:14:53 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2015, 01:53:08 AM by Biodom

Personally I am just happy to have Spondoolies "surface" again and resume communication. Clearly they didn't say the right words or prepare the right kind of PowerPoint slide to extract $116M from the VC guys in California.

me too, actually. i always felt that it was not good for anybody that they kind of disappear for a while. it remains to be seen if they will engage the retail again.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:18:19 AM

It seems pretty spendy for what it is... but then again we dont even know its full capability regarding software and whatnot.

I sure hope the R1 is around $100

Sidehacks Compac - 25
Tplink nano -30 (20 some places).

So I hope they are between the 50-75 mark.   There is nothing revolutionary with R1 just a travel router that mines.   So I hope closer to 50 mark. 

But likely they will have priced up some.   But not near the 400, then again I dont think R1 will get near speed of this 21 device.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:26:51 AM

Personally I am just happy to have Spondoolies "surface" again and resume communication. Clearly they didn't say the right words or prepare the right kind of PowerPoint slide to extract $116M from the VC guys in California. Probably not the worst thing that could happen to them (IMHO).

It's probably a compliment to the way SPT does business that they didn't get buckets of the California VC money, if the California VC money are looking to sponsor stuff like what 21 is pushing. I may disagree with a lot of SPT's engineering decisions, but from a business standpoint at least the function of their product line isn't ridiculous, useless or both.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 05:43:53 AM

Isn't Raspberry PI 2 + Sidehack's 1384 dongle is essentially the same for quarter of the price ?
If one were to add the software and backend ecosystem (however that pans out, exactly), yes.
Let's wait and see. For software and backend ecosystem to succeed, the client side should be open source, so ...

Read the last paragraph here:
https://www.zapchain.com/a/l/marketing-bitcoin-to-the-masses-selling-21-on-ignorance/GZqWqHBNoD

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
brontosaurus

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:07:16 AM

In case of any doubt about 21's intentions, they, and their investors couldn't care less about whether or not this development boards sells 1 or a million units, the end game is to generate enough public interest for an IPO which will probably be priced at about $25 + billion (at least to the sheep that will doubtlessly buy shares in it).

They can claim they have sold 100,000 boards to developers. Who will know? They'll get plenty of hangers-on to publicly declare their support for the project and the idea of micropayments for digital services.

Once they get their hands on a couple of billion.....you can imagine what they might do.
Biodom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:13:19 PM

SPT resurfaces with a 110 TH SP-50 (only for some customers) machine...things are happening in bitcoin
Meech

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 08:16:55 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2015, 10:47:06 PM by Meech

Interesting things are coming but are they viable to the home miner?  Does this node come with free preinstalled spamware?
You know their investors only opted in on this venture if to only exploit their linked services they deem important in the road to Bitcoin's growth (I mean taking the ride on Bitcoin's success and profitablility).
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:59:00 AM

Does this 0.16w/Gh mean they have a real miner in the works, if this one cost 400 you can bet any thing that actually mines bitcoins and is for bitcoin mining they make is gonna cost, is this real ? .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 09:01:29 AM

In case of any doubt about 21's intentions, they, and their investors couldn't care less about whether or not this development boards sells 1 or a million units, the end game is to generate enough public interest for an IPO which will probably be priced at about $25 + billion (at least to the sheep that will doubtlessly buy shares in it).

They can claim they have sold 100,000 boards to developers. Who will know? They'll get plenty of hangers-on to publicly declare their support for the project and the idea of micropayments for digital services.

Once they get their hands on a couple of billion.....you can imagine what they might do.

I can but i won't make it a list , will say KNC again maybe, lmao.or a honest type knc that sells to the public based in the US and the US needs more chip maker etc to drive down prices and set standard again like we use to a long time ago .That's not gonna happen either..

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 12:04:55 PM

OMG, I can't believe no one here has thought about this for 2 mins to think about this in a positive aspect & how its not a miner...

& its not an IOT device, Well not in a sense that i see but a paid for service..... ( I can already here u all saying?Huh? What the??? )

Isn't everyone rushing to get a Silk road / Ebay / Paypal service up & running??

https://openbazaar.org/

Anyone???

Think about this.....

BTC Fullnode + wallet + space for apps, My guess would be an ebay style marketplace & escrow.

Think about loading the service across endless nodes & paying them a small amount to run (Hence the small miner)

So Us$400 is entry to setup a distributed ebay style service & the miner is payback for running the service...

This would get the service setup & running on lots of ip addresses saving them $$$$ on running the servers themselves, Leaving them just to run the backend & escrow service...

I'm pissed i didn't think of this first & seems i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed why no one else here thought of it before me??

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 01:08:27 PM

OMG, I can't believe no one here has thought about this for 2 mins to think about this in a positive aspect & how its not a miner...

& its not an IOT device, Well not in a sense that i see but a paid for service..... ( I can already here u all saying?Huh? What the??? )

Isn't everyone rushing to get a Silk road / Ebay / Paypal service up & running??

https://openbazaar.org/

Anyone???

Think about this.....

BTC Fullnode + wallet + space for apps, My guess would be an ebay style marketplace & escrow.

Think about loading the service across endless nodes & paying them a small amount to run (Hence the small miner)

So Us$400 is entry to setup a distributed ebay style service & the miner is payback for running the service...

This would get the service setup & running on lots of ip addresses saving them $$$$ on running the servers themselves, Leaving them just to run the backend & escrow service...

I'm pissed i didn't think of this first & seems i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed why no one else here thought of it before me??

I don't know if it's sarcasm or not.
Anyway: https://bitseed.org/product/core/ + Sidehack USB miner.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
lovenlifelarge

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:47:22 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2015, 04:23:01 AM by lovenlifelarge

I wasn't joking... Does anyone else not think this could be a possibility?

U dont get Us$100,000,000 in VC for nothing... How much is ebay worth??

$700,000,000, This could be an ebay killer....

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:54:58 AM

Did you mean Ebay or PayPal? I don't think either one has anything to fear from 21Inc. As long as 21Inc tries to march towards an IPO, the VC guys will be happy. The VC guys will get their money back if/when the company tries to go public, The rest is all a sideshow. Nothing says that the VC guys are perfect. They lose money all the time, but as long as they strike it big often enough, they are good. I am just happy it's the VC guys investing money instead of "pre-order customers".

It will be so interesting to revisit this 2-3 years.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 07:13:04 AM

well my view is it is just to keep the millions given to them by newbie IPO money happy ..ie hey we have a product

a continuation of the BFL scam only they provided equipment (admittedly 400 buck pi but still)

so it is imho just a way to wave the flag and show they are doing something and get more IPO $$$

if this 400 buck pi device is for devs they are out of their mind no dev will get this when he can do his own thing on a pi or a laptop

if they were REALLY serious about this they would have released an open source developer package with some hopeful guidelines on
what they wanted to accomplish in ecommerce and the rest

the devs would  go cool ..grab the package and off they would go on their own laptop or pi to try and move their vision...that would have
gotten the most devs and the most hype imho

this is just a very lame attempt to 'please' the newbie IPO folk they are doing something .it is destined to failure imho Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Biodom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:11:42 PM

well my view is it is just to keep the millions given to them by newbie IPO money happy ..ie hey we have a product

a continuation of the BFL scam only they provided equipment (admittedly 400 buck pi but still)

so it is imho just a way to wave the flag and show they are doing something and get more IPO $$$

if this 400 buck pi device is for devs they are out of their mind no dev will get this when he can do his own thing on a pi or a laptop

if they were REALLY serious about this they would have released an open source developer package with some hopeful guidelines on
what they wanted to accomplish in ecommerce and the rest

the devs would  go cool ..grab the package and off they would go on their own laptop or pi to try and move their vision...that would have
gotten the most devs and the most hype imho

this is just a very lame attempt to 'please' the newbie IPO folk they are doing something .it is destined to failure imho Smiley

apparently, it is selling quite well
alh
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:07:28 PM

I am curios about your insight as to sales. I understand it only to be a pre-order at this time for delivery after November 16th. How could any of us, except perhaps Amazon, know anything about sales?
Biodom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:20:58 PM

I am curios about your insight as to sales. I understand it only to be a pre-order at this time for delivery after November 16th. How could any of us, except perhaps Amazon, know anything about sales?

i read about it on zeroblock, will try to find a quote
...nevermind, i remembered more accurately-someone mentioned it on btctalk and i just checked amazon-it is the best seller in Servers
http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Computer-Servers/zgbs/pc/11036071/ref=zg_bs_nav_pc_1_pc
I have no insider knowledge whatsoever, sorry.
alh
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:30:22 PM

OK, so it was the little graphic attached to the Amazon listing that means to you "Selling quite well".  I hadn't noticed that before. I wonder what criteria Amazon uses, though that's probably a bit off-topic.
Biodom (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:32:33 PM

OK, so it was the little graphic attached to the Amazon listing that means to you "Selling quite well".  I hadn't noticed that before. I wonder what criteria Amazon uses, though that's probably a bit off-topic.

well, the fact that it is #1 in servers tells me that it is "selling quite well" (better than antminer S5, for example, which is #3).
lovenlifelarge

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 04:03:48 AM

Did you mean Ebay or PayPal? I don't think either one has anything to fear from 21Inc. As long as 21Inc tries to march towards an IPO, the VC guys will be happy. The VC guys will get their money back if/when the company tries to go public, The rest is all a sideshow. Nothing says that the VC guys are perfect. They lose money all the time, but as long as they strike it big often enough, they are good. I am just happy it's the VC guys investing money instead of "pre-order customers".

It will be so interesting to revisit this 2-3 years.

I meant both... Ebay & Paypal...

Ebay like for the marketplace & Paypal like for bitcoin payment & escrow..

I think a few of u under estimate these guys cause they are using VC money...

This could be the big ticket item that bitcoin has been waiting for, I think they are holding back details cause they don't really need to release them...

I hope i wont be eating my words later on but i think this is going to be big & a lot bigger than anyone on here is giving credit too..

I just don't think it will focus on mining like a lot of u do.. which in my mind is little too one track minded for bitcoin to ever really succeed

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄