Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:03:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Given 2 BTC where will you invest ?
21 Bitcoin Computer - 4 (7.5%)
Cloud Mining Website - 8 (15.1%)
I'll just hold - 41 (77.4%)
Total Voters: 53

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 21 Bitcoin Computer or Cloud Mining Website ?  (Read 4929 times)
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:33:12 AM

On currently available miners, 50% jump isn't a lot - especially as fast as diff has been climbing since the S5+ showed up.
Great for those of us that already have working miners, not much help if you don't already have the hardware in place and running as it has very little effect on chance of RoI for those that don't have very cheap electric.

Bitmain pricing tendancies, and lack of recent S7 availability, doesn't help any.

there is a reduction of 5.1% on the earning for one s5(it was 0.098 remember our dialogue about it?), now this si 0.093, not a big change, but the price is now 366, when it was 230, this is near 60%

in other words, the price is increasing so fast that diff can't keep with it, this is the perfect opportunity for some casual miners to jump in for a quick buck and sell their gear if the price would stop climbing

Correct but it would be unwise to go crazy at it and recommend to anyone to dive right in. The price went up sharply before and it then went down sharply later on, several time. Its good to keep in mind that the price will drop again at some point.

No idea when it will start and where it will end, but it would be unwise to do a big investment if you will only get a return if the prices stay at this level.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:33:20 AM

On currently available miners, 50% jump isn't a lot - especially as fast as diff has been climbing since the S5+ showed up.
Great for those of us that already have working miners, not much help if you don't already have the hardware in place and running as it has very little effect on chance of RoI for those that don't have very cheap electric.

Bitmain pricing tendancies, and lack of recent S7 availability, doesn't help any.

there is a reduction of 5.1% on the earning for one s5(it was 0.098 remember our dialogue about it?), now this si 0.093, not a big change, but the price is now 366, when it was 230, this is near 60%

in other words, the price is increasing so fast that diff can't keep with it, this is the perfect opportunity for some casual miners to jump in for a quick buck and sell their gear if the price would stop climbing

The ones who did the best are actually the ones who sold gear during 230's day's and invested right back into BTC.  I sold my S4's.

I played it safe and did not re-invest I kept it out for electricity.  I could have gained over 1k today if I just would have invested.  Today if you sell you are buying BTC at a new high price which seems to just keep going up.
TheGeorge

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 05:18:33 PM

I could have gained over 1k today if I just would have invested.
You might have ended up losing as well. Because no one knows the top/bottom of the price during a swing.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 11:16:33 AM

Seems to have been a short-term phenominon, probably fueled by that BTCC taking payments directly announcement.
 Price has slid quite a bit already since the peak, and seems to have settled into a steady drop mode (I'm guessing it won't go all the way back down to $230 but I wouldn't bet against $250 by year end).

If you already have gear, this was a very nice "help achieve RoI and even some actual profit" situation - but it's not looking like anything more than a short-term bump and NOT enough to make it likely you will achieve RoI on anything currently available if you buy now and you DON'T have very cheap electric.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: