Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:56:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam Account with 27 games, worth total $537  (Read 1564 times)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 12:15:45 AM

Account Sale Number 5

In my role as escrow i sell an account as a service including creating the sales thread. (Please note that i don't take any more sale requests for bitcointalk forum accounts as long as they are worth less than $50. I only do a couple forum accounts anymore where i already promised to sell them. Ask me for other account types.)

Description:

For sale is a steam account. The account was registered in the US, has 27 games, level 5 and has been around for 6 years.

You can check out the value of the account here: https://steamdb.info/calculator/76561198006534567/?cc=us

And the included software licenses, so games, can be seen here: http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198006534567

The included games are:

AI War: Fleet Command
Armada 2526
Crusader Kings II
Dead Island
Dead Island Riptide
Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga
Divinity II: Developer's Cut
Drifter
Empire: Total War
Endless Space
Europa Universalis III
Europa Universalis IV
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition
Europa Universalis: Rome - Vae Victis
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition
Game of Thrones
Hearts of Iron III
March of the Eagles
Napoleon: Total War
Rome: Total War
Rome: Total War - Alexander
Sengoku
Sid Meier's Civilization V
Star Ruler
Stellar Impact
Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition
Total War: SHOGUN 2
Victoria II

Starting bid:

0.30 BTC

Minimum Bid Increment: 0.05 BTC

Everyone bidding with an account less than a member has to show me a signed message with an address holding at least the amount he bid. I can help with how this is done.

Buy it now:

2.165 BTC

End date and time:

The Auction ends October 1st 15:00 UTC.
But auction extends 2 days after the last bet was done. If in 48 hours no new bid comes in then the last bid wins. Minimum Bid Increment will prevent misuse.
Buy it now ends the auction instantly when the buyer paid.

Payment methods accepted:

Bitcoin

Non-Liability:

Buyer has to make sure that everything is ok with the account, that it is possible to secure the account and that he does this correctly before i forward the coins in escrow to the seller.

I can not give any guarantee besides offering what you see and which i was asked to sell by the seller. Any possible risks involved can not be backed by me.

If you want me to check something that only i can check then let me know.

My auction service:

Ask me for details when you want to use my selling service. Smiley Please note that i don't take any more sale requests for bitcointalk forum accounts as long as they are worth less then $50. I only do a couple account anymore where i already promised to sell them. Ask me for other account types.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Mrzinzin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:26:54 AM

aren't Steam accounts easy to recover?
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 03:30:30 AM

If the original owner of the account has enough evidence to provide to Valve that he is the original owner then he can claim that the account got "hacked" to retrieve it. Evidence would include game purchase invoices, e-mails, original e-mail, previous passwords, account recovery questions, etc. I wouldn't say it's super easy but there's always a good chance if the seller has any malicious intents.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 11:58:50 AM

If the original owner of the account has enough evidence to provide to Valve that he is the original owner then he can claim that the account got "hacked" to retrieve it. Evidence would include game purchase invoices, e-mails, original e-mail, previous passwords, account recovery questions, etc. I wouldn't say it's super easy but there's always a good chance if the seller has any malicious intents.

That's why the buyer has to check out the risks involved since i'm not as safe in this area to say something about the safety about securing such an account.

Is there maybe an official way to change ownership?

Or how about i release the coins to the seller only after the games were transferred to the buyer? I mean game sales are happening all the time and i doubt that the seller has much rights to claim they were all stolen isn't it?

If i can help making this safe let me know.

mikylinr

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:46:50 PM

That's solvable though. You make a document, correctly referring to the account, where the seller officially transfers the account, and that he states it to be legal. This is somewhat against Terms of Steam, still, it may work as proof that the seller was ill-motivated.

"Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, (and subject to your payment of the applicable license fees), Valve grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license" http://www.valvesoftware.com/terms.html

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 03:00:30 PM

That's solvable though. You make a document, correctly referring to the account, where the seller officially transfers the account, and that he states it to be legal. This is somewhat against Terms of Steam, still, it may work as proof that the seller was ill-motivated.

"Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, (and subject to your payment of the applicable license fees), Valve grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license" http://www.valvesoftware.com/terms.html

Hm, it might work since when the buyer has such a document then the seller claiming a stolen account would risk his account being blocked by steam when he claims it as stolen.

But i have read that games are not allowed to push? But i'm pretty sure that a friend of mine once bought a used game that was pushed from another steam account to his account. Before we had read that it is not possible but in fact it was possible.

When the games are pushed then this might be more legit? Anyone know how it's done?

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 12:09:09 PM

The seller offers to me holding the funds up to 1 month after the account logins were given to the buyer. This is to increase trust in this offer.

If someone can help with how easy it is to move, or sell, software from one account to another account then let me know. I remember that some years ago a friend of mine bought a used steam game on ebay. It was pushed from the owners account to his account and it was without problems. I remember that at that time everyone claimed that this is not possible but in fact it was possible, only steam didn't like that possibility very much and did not promote it.

Does anyone has experience in this?

mikylinr

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:11:50 PM

I am not really following the question. Can you simplify? may be that I can give some answers or suggestions.

Supposedly one can't auction games either; but hey, some do.  Wink
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 11:20:24 PM

The seller offers to me holding the funds up to 1 month after the account logins were given to the buyer. This is to increase trust in this offer.

If someone can help with how easy it is to move, or sell, software from one account to another account then let me know. I remember that some years ago a friend of mine bought a used steam game on ebay. It was pushed from the owners account to his account and it was without problems. I remember that at that time everyone claimed that this is not possible but in fact it was possible, only steam didn't like that possibility very much and did not promote it.

Does anyone has experience in this?

Not too sure about a few years ago, I wasn't as active on Steam 3-4 years ago because I didn't play TF2 and steam wasn't as big back then prior to DOTA2 and CSGO.

As of right now, I don't think it's possible to "push" or transfer games that is already in a steam account's game library. Steam games can however be "gifted" to other steam users, but this means the game is in the inventory and not yet "activated" on the account.

So basically the games on the account right now cannot be transferred and will stay on the account forever. And I do believe it is ultimately against Valve's terms to sell/trade steam accounts, they can ban you if they find out.

I don't think there's a 100% safe way to purchase steam accounts. Buyer will always be at a slight risk unfortunately, but anyone who buys steam accounts should be fully aware of this. I have purchased steam accounts in the past without any issues, but that is because I look for reputable sellers to help minimize the risk of having the accounts taken back by the original owner.

Oh, one thing I forgot is, if the original owner of the account can provide the e-mail account associated with the steam account (the one that was used to register the account initially) then it can help the new owner in securing the account for himself if anything does arise in the future.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
BurgerKill

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:26:07 PM

I think master-P summed the risks up nicely in the above post. The selling of steam accounts is technically banned from Valve's POV, so the seller will always really have the upper hand.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 12:22:20 PM

Thank you for the explaination. I wonder if it was a gift back then when i bought games and game extensions on ebay.

It was back then when i thought that steam is really a nasty thing when you can't sell what you bought. After i found the games can be transferred i thought it is only steam spreading fear.

Or wait, can it be a european thing? Like the microsoft case where microsoft lost at court because they wanted to forbid the sale of OEM Windows? The court ruled that they can be sold because they were bought.

Ok, guess that is not a solution then.

The seller has changed email now so he can provide these details too.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 07:46:52 PM

Only three days left to give your bid. You can send me any question you want to ask and i can forward it to the seller.

Happy bidding! Smiley

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 10:13:56 PM

I think the starting bid price is a bit high (~70 USD, as of current BTC price), I am pretty sure that most of those games were bought in Bundles (Humblebundle, bundlestars, etc.) for just a few bucks. I mean, there would be no problem in that if the games were "new" (in which case, the seller should rather have stored the keys), but most of them have plenty of time played registered so they are used, cheap items (many achievements are not available anymore, for example).

Not to mention that the price tag lies a lot, you do not usually buy games at their full price (my account is "worth" 900+ USD, I which I could sell it for at least 1/4th of that).

If you think my comment is out of place, feel free to delete it (or ask me to do so).
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 11:12:13 PM

I think the starting bid price is a bit high (~70 USD, as of current BTC price), I am pretty sure that most of those games were bought in Bundles (Humblebundle, bundlestars, etc.) for just a few bucks. I mean, there would be no problem in that if the games were "new" (in which case, the seller should rather have stored the keys), but most of them have plenty of time played registered so they are used, cheap items (many achievements are not available anymore, for example).

Not to mention that the price tag lies a lot, you do not usually buy games at their full price (my account is "worth" 900+ USD, I which I could sell it for at least 1/4th of that).

If you think my comment is out of place, feel free to delete it (or ask me to do so).

I thought the price estimate on these sites would show the actual value? Then i will ask the seller about what he thinks if i can or should lower the starting bid.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 12:41:07 AM

Ok, i asked the buyer. The new startprice is 0.123 Bitcoin and buy it now is at 0.75 bitcoin now.

knightkon

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 02:10:58 AM

How long will this auction run?  Will you use escrow?

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
FrozenOne

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:31:16 AM

You're asking SebastianJu if he will use escrow? Lol...wow.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 07:24:43 PM

Iam the escrow and i sell this account for another forum user. The auction ended already though you might give me your offer and i forward it to the seller. Maybe you can get a deal together. Smiley

knightkon

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 12:54:45 AM

Iam the escrow and i sell this account for another forum user. The auction ended already though you might give me your offer and i forward it to the seller. Maybe you can get a deal together. Smiley

I am still kinda of new to this all, so thank you for clearing that up for me.  I have an account I obtained from a bad loan; can you sell it for me?

██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 07:07:53 PM

I am still kinda of new to this all, so thank you for clearing that up for me.  I have an account I obtained from a bad loan; can you sell it for me?

I don't know if it will work since like you see, no one was interested on here.

Maybe this forum is not the best place to sell such account? There might be more specialized forums in the net.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: