Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:57:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Raspberry pi usb device limitation?  (Read 15048 times)
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 08:38:01 PM

Bridging polyfuses may not be necessary with later revisions, unless input amperage needs to be raised.

http://elinux.org/Polyfuses_explained
As of the end of August 2012 some users were reporting that newly arrived PI's were fitted with 0 Ohm resistors for the USB polyfuses F1 & F2, and Liz of the RPF foundation confirmed that it was official RPF policy to remove the offending fuses. However F3 still limits the total input current to about 1A.

No F1 or F2 on my RPi only F3. I'm hoping I can get it to work with my incoming asics. Certified powered hub is next on my list.
It arrived this last week.
Do you have anything else to stress test the USB stack with?

Is anyone in general aware if a powered hub fixes the rest of the problems?

As for my tests a powered hub does not fix the issues with usb..... It could cause problems too. Remember that thing hates feedback power over the USB cable. Only cutting the  power lanes of the USB cable helped a little. Still the device is not an option for me with my 18 Ztex boards...

Are your boards bus powered?

No Ztex Boards geht their power through a barrel plug. I dont know why the PI wont like my boards..... not a single one without a hub is a lasting solution.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: