Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:18:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin halving to be canceled?  (Read 33689 times)
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 08:20:59 AM

there are some block that are full, this mean that we have already surpassed the limit on average, so it most certainly increase a bit, not 4x right, but 1.5x for now

If it were so, we would have a permanent congestion leading to a halt in Bitcoin operation. If some blocks are full, it just means that we have a spike or an outlier, but on average we still have enough room for the current level of load...

deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 08:22:41 AM

Besides that, wouldn't changing the minimal fee (10k -> 40k) require a hard fork, lol?

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:51:26 AM

there are some block that are full, this mean that we have already surpassed the limit on average, so it most certainly increase a bit, not 4x right, but 1.5x for now

If it were so, we would have a permanent congestion leading to a halt in Bitcoin operation. If some blocks are full, it just means that we have a spike or an outlier, but on average we still have enough room for the current level of load...

i mean block are not at 1.5 average or purposely full for that size, because many now that they can not have that size yet, but if it were with that size, we would reach it already

the fact that blocks are not 100% full, it does not mean that when the capacity is increased they would not reach the new limit fast
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 10:11:41 AM

i mean block are not at 1.5 average or purposely full for that size, because many now that they can not have that size yet, but if it were with that size, we would reach it already

the fact that blocks are not 100% full, it does not mean that when the capacity is increased they would not reach the new limit fast

What you say essentially boils down to saying that increasing block size limits would cause per se more transactions per day, right? That would be true only if the size limits restricted the volume of transactions processed, i.e. if the total majority of the blocks were full and there was constant congestion with thrown away transactions, which is surely not the case right now...

Thereby, just increasing the block size limit shouldn't affect the number of transactions in any significant degree, since it is not a limiting factor at present

Ejanend

Activity: 460
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:10:02 PM

What you say essentially boils down to saying that increasing block size limits would cause per se more transactions per day, right? That would be true only if the size limits restricted the volume of transactions processed, i.e. if the total majority of the blocks were full and there was constant congestion with thrown away transactions, which is surely not the case right now...

Thereby, just increasing the block size limit shouldn't affect the number of transactions in any significant degree, since it is not a limiting factor at present

The higher block size limit will encourage people to have more transactions and to use bitcoin more.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 07:38:51 PM

The higher block size limit will encourage people to have more transactions and to use bitcoin more.

How's that? Care to explain?

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 06:20:54 AM

well it's clear, blocks are not full know not because we have still a big margin, but because many know that massive usage would lead the block to be full, so they decide to do less transaction per day

the simple thing of the limit is limiting the usage per day
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 07:18:23 AM

well it's clear, blocks are not full know not because we have still a big margin, but because many know that massive usage would lead the block to be full, so they decide to do less transaction per day

So people are refraining from transacting in Bitcoin (read using it) because of the block size limit? Okay then, but in this case (which is doubtful, if not suspicious), it means that the devs can't do a thing (i.e. they are impotent and powerless)...

Or that they are just saboteurs

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 09:53:23 AM

So people are refraining from transacting in Bitcoin (read using it) because of the block size limit? Okay then, but in this case (which is doubtful, if not suspicious), it means that the devs can't do a thing (i.e. they are impotent and powerless)...

the dev are already doing something good for this, segwit plus hard fork to 2mb in 2017 , progress are there but they are just too slow for my taste...
Ejanend

Activity: 460
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 10:02:10 AM

the dev are already doing something good for this, segwit plus hard fork to 2mb in 2017 , progress are there but they are just too slow for my taste...

That is right. If they can reverse the order of the 2MB and segwit, there is no need for Class to exist.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
AsaroUk

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 01:46:29 PM

The halving will be not canceled but the price will just now rise after the halving and that can be bad because there are a lot of people that wants to make profit with Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is just a currency and the bad thing is that you never know what there will happen with the value of Bitcoin.
Hashminers

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:57:29 PM

If the halving is going to be canceled that means that the prices will stay the same. This is a good thing for the people that want to sell their coins but for the people who want to buy coins this is not so good news they will now have to spend more money.
arwin100

Activity: 2772
Merit: 818

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 02:25:34 PM

If the halving is going to be canceled that means that the prices will stay the same. This is a good thing for the people that want to sell their coins but for the people who want to buy coins this is not so good news they will now have to spend more money.

Halving will not be cancelled because it is the happenings or event on bitcoin can make him go to high price as you can see the past halving it is not cancelled. So the people will surely earn by that So let save our bitcoin to our wallet halving is coming. Money is coming.

rababo

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:05:32 PM

The halving every 4 years is programmed in the protocol. It's widely accepted by the community. This will not be changed unless agreed by the community. It will happen for sure.
GamingBro

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:21:12 PM

The halving every 4 years is programmed in the protocol. It's widely accepted by the community. This will not be changed unless agreed by the community. It will happen for sure.

If community will start voting for cancel of halving i will kill myself really  Grin
Only miners will vote for this cause they will lose a lot but miners is ~30% of bitcoin users for sure so they will lose anyway.

deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 05:54:23 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 07:46:32 AM by deisik

If community will start voting for cancel of halving i will kill myself really  Grin
Only miners will vote for this cause they will lose a lot but miners is ~30% of bitcoin users for sure so they will lose anyway.

Ordinary users and holders of Bitcoin are deprived of the right of voting. No democracy here, no right to choose and no right to be chosen there...

But they can always sell (burn) their stash and walk away

bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 10:01:08 AM

Halving is going to come. Not preventable.. like WW III

Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:07:56 AM

Halving is going to come. Not preventable.. like WW III
Yeah for sure it is going to happen, this is already programmed,  bitcoin holders, big merchants and traders are eagerly waiting for halving to come. Halving is coming means great profit is coming.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:06:56 AM

I don't see how it could be canceled since it is at the roots of Bitcoin. If I remember well, I saw someone saying that it will come earlier than excepted because of the rush for the hashpower. I don't know if it is true, but that's the only thing that can happen.
Boosterious

Activity: 308

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:30:17 PM

There was much hype about the Fed raising interest rates in 2015, but we are still there, at the lowest possible level (wtf, it is even no longer the lowest possible limit). Bitcoin halving in July, 2016, is talked about as much, but will it really happen?

I ain't sure
lest throw back when people have a dream about openbazaar,and they talk too much about it,and now its really happen,that  mean bitcoin havling for the next project of bitcoin will happen,i'm sure.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: