Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:17:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin halving to be canceled?  (Read 33687 times)
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 01:52:12 PM

Lols that wont happen. Bitcoin halving has a countdown .
Bitcoin halving to be canceled? i think.its a prank to sell the bitcoin of bitcoin user to dump the price of btc. And it is the opportunity to.buy many, This maybe a prank or strategy

Yeah bitcoin halving cannot be canceled since it has a countdown that about to be happen and theirs no history of halving cancellation,  i think it was a though for some people afraid fpr staking for this halving event and all the proof we need is showing now price keep rising and rising daily and i can say it was the nearly effect of halving and let see if how much price will bitcoin stop to its rising or it will dump for early stage of halving, 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 03:09:58 PM

Lols that wont happen. Bitcoin halving has a countdown .
Bitcoin halving to be canceled? i think.its a prank to sell the bitcoin of bitcoin user to dump the price of btc. And it is the opportunity to.buy many, This maybe a prank or strategy

Yeah bitcoin halving cannot be canceled since it has a countdown that about to be happen and theirs no history of halving cancellation,  i think it was a though for some people afraid fpr staking for this halving event and all the proof we need is showing now price keep rising and rising daily and i can say it was the nearly effect of halving and let see if how much price will bitcoin stop to its rising or it will dump for early stage of halving, 

Technically we could all agree to move to a fork that doesn't half.. but.. the odds of that are probably smaller than guessing a private key.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 07:59:33 PM

Halving will not happen if the market goes like this, thanks to my bull friends  Grin

As we all know we know that the halving of the Bitcoin will come soon and that can be nice of the most people because there people that is using Bitcoin and is waiting for a higher value.
Some people said that the value of the Bitcoin wont even rise and that we have to wait a longer time until the value will be higher so that would be bad, because not everyone has the patience for it.
bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 08:25:42 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2016, 08:18:13 AM by bestluck

The question was asked in 2015, and now the OP is also on the view that yes halving is going to happen and it will not be cancelled and will have a very good effect on the value of bitcoin, and if the halving cancelled then afetr that no one will trust on any news of bitcoin developers and with thet bitcoin will become weaker.
By the way halving is really happening.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 08:43:25 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2016, 02:04:41 PM by deisik

The question was asked in 2015, and now the OP is also on the view that yes halving is going to happen and it will not be cancelled

Yeah, now that the price has almost tripled (read miners profits multiplied) I can't possibly see miners complaining about losing a considerable part of their income due to halving...

Though Bitcoin can crash just before the halving, but what's lost is lost

kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 09:29:38 PM

Another thread about the crap of the halving not happening? I understand you get money with the ads in the signature and need to post as much as possible, but please..

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 10:01:57 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2016, 10:18:36 PM by deisik

Another thread about the crap of the halving not happening? I understand you get money with the ads in the signature and need to post as much as possible, but please..

You can get too, so what are you waiting for?

As an aside, if you think that someone is spamming, trolling or just impudently padding his post count, you can file a complaint (report to moderator). In fact, you can report to moderator even if you just don't like someone or happen to feel lonely and desolate. But since this topic is about Bitcoin halving to be (or not to be) canceled, I ask you to stay on topic, whether you like it or not. Otherwise, you may want to leave the thread and post elsewhere

Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:25:06 PM

The question was asked in 2015, and now the OP is also on the view that yes halving is going to happen and it will not be cancelled

Yeah, now that the price almost tripled (read miners profits multiplied) I can't possibly see miners complaining about losing a considerable part of their income due to halving...

Though it can crash just before the halving, but what's lost is lost

I think the percentage of the halving to be cancel is so little.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:28:44 PM

Yeah, now that the price almost tripled (read miners profits multiplied) I can't possibly see miners complaining about losing a considerable part of their income due to halving...

Though it can crash just before the halving, but what's lost is lost

I think the percentage of the halving to be cancel is so little.
You can't cancel the halving without completely change the way Bitcoin works and, effectively, break the system. You're requiring a hard fork that everyone agrees on, and then you have to figure out how mining will work once the block rewards just stop.

Aside from that, it can't be cancelled. It is built into the code.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:27:47 AM

We are looking too much in the halving thing and we dont see how great the price of this currency had grew. It is $100+ dollar rise my friends. Let us not get our hopes too much on that halving and do what we can to increase our coins in different styles.
pearl11

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:36:40 AM

Canceled? Are you reading news about bitcoin news?
How bitcoin halving will be canceled, cause it has already a date when halving gonna start.
Halving will start next month.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 07:25:36 AM

We are looking too much in the halving thing and we dont see how great the price of this currency had grew. It is $100+ dollar rise my friends. Let us not get our hopes too much on that halving and do what we can to increase our coins in different styles.

Buddy, you seem to be too late to the table. The price has increased almost $400 since this thread started. It is the only authentic thread about "the crap of the halving not happening" that you should follow, lol

All other such threads are worthless replicas

Ulloa

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 07:32:26 AM

Bitcoin halving will be not canceled but it will reach just not that high value and yeah it is bad because now we have to wait a longer time until we can earn some profit.
And patience is the most important role in Bitcoin because you have to wait for the right moment to sell it.
dilution007

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 07:50:25 AM

Nobody can cancel it ,it will happen on 10th July.

kik1977

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 10:44:38 AM

You can get too, so what are you waiting for?

As an aside, if you think that someone is spamming, trolling or just impudently padding his post count, you can file a complaint (report to moderator). In fact, you can report to moderator even if you just don't like someone or happen to feel lonely and desolate. But since this topic is about Bitcoin halving to be (or not to be) canceled, I ask you to stay on topic, whether you like it or not. Otherwise, you may want to leave the thread and post elsewhere

Hi Deisik, no offend intended. But there are already something like 10 posts saying the same thing, and tons of newcomers that are mislead but this false information. People are saying thing like "i don't believe it will really happen", "it's not sure if there will be the halving", etc.

NO, halving cannot be canceled because it's hardcoded into Bitcoin. A fork can do it, but it won't be Bitcoin anymore, just another shitcoin.
YES, halving is going to happen, at block 420.000. The exact date depends on the speed of the next blocks.

EDIT: I know I can get payments, too. I never did it, though. One of the reasons is that I don't want to start spamming like many do on this forum. I'm free. And if I write BS (which probably I do) is just my own fault, I don't do it for a few satoshis.

Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 10:50:55 AM

Nobody can cancel it ,it will happen on 10th July.

Mat the main post was written almost one year ago, at september 2015, now no one saying that bitcoin halving can be canceled. it is 100% confirm and coming next month.. you can see the halving effects right now on the todays bitcoin rate. bitcoin price doubled before halving you can imagine that how much we can get at the halving time.. but anything can happen, so be ready and prefer your self to see something shocking next month.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 02:13:05 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2016, 02:28:28 PM by deisik

NO, halving cannot be canceled because it's hardcoded into Bitcoin. A fork can do it, but it won't be Bitcoin anymore, just another shitcoin.
YES, halving is going to happen, at block 420.000. The exact date depends on the speed of the next blocks

When I opened this thread, the price was slightly above $200. I perfectly remember that night when I was looking at Bitfinex orderbook with the price slowly but steadily approaching the 200 dollars mark (was that in late August or early September?). It crossed it and bottomed at around $197. I bought a little there (indeed, now I wish I had bought much more, lol) and was vainly expecting the price to fall further down to $150-160...

At such prices, given the mining difficulty at the moment (just in case, thousands of transactions hopelessly stuck earlier in the summer), halving looked like a joke back then

kik1977

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 03:17:56 PM

YES, halving is going to happen, at block 420.000. The exact date depends on the speed of the next blocks

When I opened this thread, the price was slightly above $200. I perfectly remember that night when I was looking at Bitfinex orderbook with the price slowly but steadily approaching the 200 dollars mark (was that in late August or early September?). It crossed it and bottomed at around $197. I bought a little there (indeed, now I wish I had bought much more, lol) and was vainly expecting the price to fall further down to $150-160...

At such prices, given the mining difficulty at the moment (just in case, thousands of transactions hopelessly stuck earlier in the summer), halving looked like a joke back then

Ok, I now see that it was an old post. I hope by now you have no doubts regarding the Bitcoin protocol and have gained much more knowledge!
The bad side of the story is that I still see people commenting in this post (with recent comments) speculating if the halving is going to happen or not. Even people with 2-300+ posts. Not sure why they waste time here and don't even get the fundamentals of the subject.

Blackmet

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 07:11:12 PM

I think that halving will not be canceled anyway, block will be halved. And i don't know who want to cancel halving exept miners who will lost half ot theirs money.

Cybertron00

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 02:03:53 AM

Well I don't think that bitcoin halving will be cancelled because of two reasons. The first reason is that the halving has a countdown and is set to happen 4years after last halving. The second reason is that because it had a set date, it can't be cancelled because it is already happening. The slow blockchain transaction sometimes are the proof that it will not be cancelled.  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: