Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:54:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin committee! What do you think of the name BBF (better bitcoin foundation)  (Read 4239 times)
strideynet (OP)

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 04:20:56 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2012, 07:55:08 AM by strideynet

OK the names rubbish! Smiley

This committee would help bit coin get used in the real world. First we would find projects that our doing what we need and support them.
    We would try our best to get bit coin as a accepted Payment. The only way this can be done is if we get on with it.
    If bit coins became a accepted payment in a few tiny local stores, It would begin to spread. This committee would make sure what the companies need to accept bit coins was there. I'm talking about a Bit coin client especially made for business! We would find someone or we would make software to allow bit coin notes to be easily used in store! Below i will list the stuff we need in order to allow the bit coin to be used. If you know a project that fills these gaps contact us!
    I feel bit coins will not be valued for what they really are unless real world transactions could be made. I need more team members to help with this.

Only together may the BTC Become successful

REQUIRED SOFTWARE/HARDWARE
  • Bit coin business client
  • Note reading software ( reads qr codes from note then sends money on note to the company bit coin wallet!
  • What do we need?Huh

CURRENT MEMBERS:
  • Strideynet: Founder
  • knight22: co-founder (perhaps? I'm not sure!)
  • Phinnaeus Gage: Member?
  • Gweedo:  Member
  • BrannigansLaw: Member
  • Stochastic: Member and name dude
  • WE ARE HIRING

WE also need a better name Smiley[/list]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 05:18:41 PM

I would like to be a member. I don't know how I can contribute but I find this is a pretty good idea!

strideynet (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 07:02:06 PM

Your in. Thank you.
I feel that this community will benefit everyone who uses bitcoin. If stores accept bitcoins what would the price of bitcoin do. It would fly up to the sky. Not only does bitcoins in a store generate interest in the bitcoin but also promote purchases if it's cheaper to buy bitcoin then buy using money! I'm currently vanity generating a donation address. To be the best you must look the best. So a nice long vanity address looks good.

Anyone Got ideas for a name.
I will be holding a competition for best name.
I may eventually sort out a reward. It won't be great. But hey the 3.50 £ worth of 0.5 BTC may rise with the help of our society. The name i would quite like to have the word committee In. Reward isn't guaranteed but I will most likely do a hard vanity gen and get a few bitcoins. I'll sort us out a website at somepoint as I host websites.

We need all sorts of people.
 It would be good to have a legal professional so we can assure the comapnies bitcoin is legal.
A economist would be good to provide information to companies about the economic state of bitcoin.
A artist for images/logos
A good speaker, we may eventually need to establish a meeting Wit the. Companies.
A good publisher. Leaflets and brochures will be essential in informing the great public about bitcoins and why they should buy with bitcoins!
strideynet (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 06:02:57 AM

Ok to clear things up we are trying to do what bitcoin foundations is trying to do but 100% better.
I mean like a community thing. Not 4 guys etching Telly all day and taking donations.
Eventually I may resign and I'll do a small job. I want this to be a community thing.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 06:49:46 PM

Ok to clear things up we are trying to do what bitcoin foundations is trying to do but 100% better.
I mean like a community thing. Not 4 guys etching Telly all day and taking donations.
Eventually I may resign and I'll do a small job. I want this to be a community thing.

I love your writing style. Reading your previous posts, I didn't find ONE grammatical error. Count me in your community thing to try to do what bitcoin foundations is trying to do, but 100% better. Do you have a bitcoin address so that we can start sending donations to?

Also, in the spirit of transparency as TBF does, please provide a recent image of yourself to show us in the community that this thing you have in mind is 4 reel.

Later, bud.

~Bruno K~
aura.flux

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 06:55:04 PM

Basically, fuck off...
strideynet (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 04:34:13 PM

@aura.flux explain? I'm not at fan of being told to **** off without a reason.
And i don't wanna post a PIC of myself. Sadly. I'm only 13 and take privacy seriously.
However i need someone with a high trustworthy rating to look after donations.
MY rating is 0 so i would rather i don't look after people money.
aura.flux

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 05:08:29 PM

I'm not at fan of being told to **** off without a reason.

Keep up the spirit, kid!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 06:50:02 PM

@aura.flux explain? I'm not at fan of being told to **** off without a reason.
And i don't wanna post a PIC of myself. Sadly. I'm only 13 and take privacy seriously.
However i need someone with a high trustworthy rating to look after donations.
MY rating is 0 so i would rather i don't look after people money.

Zhou Tong was 16, and he posted images of himself all over the internet, therefore the 13-year-old doesn't come into play here. Do you have a website up pertaining to the committee?
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 07:40:51 PM

WE ARE HIRING

How much do you pay?
strideynet (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 05:00:40 AM

I run a web host. I. Can set up the website.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 05:06:57 AM

seems like a way to sipon coins to your swiss/dank bank account
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 06:03:20 AM

Basically, fuck off...

Do you think strideynet misunderstood my post, aura?
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 11:35:59 AM

I'd be interested to see how things pan out before deciding whether to join or not.I am a professional filmmaker for those who need those services (mainly offering video editing services at the moment though).If the founder is interested,I'd like to PM ideas that I think could work for the group or maybe it's best that I just post them here instead (still thinking on that one at the moment,I'll get back to you).

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 01:37:04 PM

I run a web host. I. Can set up the website.

I don't understand how a website is going to feed my wife and kids? You're the worst employer I ever had.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 04:05:08 PM

I'd be interested to see how things pan out before deciding whether to join or not.I am a professional filmmaker for those who need those services (mainly offering video editing services at the moment though).If the founder is interested,I'd like to PM ideas that I think could work for the group or maybe it's best that I just post them here instead (still thinking on that one at the moment,I'll get back to you).

I think film2240 needs to be brought up to speed as to what exactly is going on here.
BrannigansLaw

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 05:30:25 PM

I don't exactly know the point of this committee but I'm in. OP you got to add the word bitcoin to your dictionary.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 09:56:32 PM

I don't exactly know the point of this committee but I'm in. OP you got to add the word bitcoin to your dictionary.

Seriously?
strideynet (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 04:16:13 PM

Look i am looking for volunteers.
The aim of this committee is to in any way raise the value of the bitcoin. This is best achieved by creating a way to use bitcoins in real life.
Gavin Andresen
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 03:46:12 PM

The first thing your committee should do is come up with a better name.

There is a reason the phrase "designed by committee" is one of the worst things you can say about a project.

And if your committee can't agree on a better name... then you're doomed before you start.

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: