Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:52:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Writing analysis on Satoshi Nakamoto.  (Read 6796 times)
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 12:52:54 AM

Hmmm.
Both Jed and Satoshi just leave this genius idea to "work on another project"?
I wonder what could be motivating enough after creating bitcoin...maybe a world changing project?

Bitcoin 2.0. With rounded edges and shading.

And obligatory javascript.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 04:48:47 AM

Have to confess that curiosity got the better of me one day a ways back and I did do a little sleuthing of my own .... after joining some dots here, colouring in between the lines there, tapping the networks, dabbling a little in the digital black arts, ouija boards ... to cut a long story short I think I have pretty good idea who satoshi (the bitcoin coder) was. It is one of those answers that when you are presented with it you will want to slap your forehead, hard, and go "doh! why did I not think of that" ... not obvious but hiding in plain sight in retrospect.

So while I have a pretty good idea, some tenuous facts, shaky reasoning, I can not unfortunately reveal who I think satoshi is, since they have made it clear they wish to remain anonymous and indeed advocate for net privacy in many other fields also (clue). And I respect these efforts immensely.

However, ultimately it is a free market of ideas and if donations/pledges of a suitably large enough BTC amount be made I would probably reveal what I know to be true and let the private chips and data trails fall where they may, so to speak.  Wink

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 06:35:43 AM

However, ultimately it is a free market of ideas and if donations/pledges of a suitably large enough BTC amount be made I would probably reveal what I know to be true and let the private chips and data trails fall where they may, so to speak.  Wink

That was a bad idea to talk about it. Now they have to make sure u will never be able to reveal their identity. The only option u have is to do it right now...  Grin
Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 01:05:36 PM

So while I have a pretty good idea, some tenuous facts, shaky reasoning, I can not unfortunately reveal who I think satoshi is, since they have made it clear they wish to remain anonymous and indeed advocate for net privacy in many other fields also (clue). And I respect these efforts immensely.

I think you started that thread in off-topic too right? If this is all you have, then your guess appears to be no better than the michael clear stuff or the 3 guys that wrote some crypto patents. But IIRC you said in the thread that it was someone who posted here, which I mentioned narrows it down to just a few people who go by their real names or have them public...

Besides, if you found it, someone else will, it's not like it will stay hidden forever.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 08:40:14 PM

I think you started that thread in off-topic too right? If this is all you have, then your guess appears to be no better than the michael clear stuff or the 3 guys that wrote some crypto patents. But IIRC you said in the thread that it was someone who posted here, which I mentioned narrows it down to just a few people who go by their real names or have them public...

Besides, if you found it, someone else will, it's not like it will stay hidden forever.

No, I don't recall starting any threads in Off-Topic or elsewhere regarding satoshi's identity. In fact, I'm pretty sure this is the first post anywhere I have ever stated anything seriously on the matter.

Etlase2

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 08:42:43 PM

Ah, apologies, made the assumption because your post sounded similar. It is here for the curious: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=103611.0

MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 11:43:03 PM

After manually looking for almost whole day to Casascius writings and actions he might indeed be the real Satoshi Nakamoto. The technical skills and psychological portrait are near match. So next time I stuck a Casascius physical Bitcoin in girl's asshole I might be handling a piece made by Satoshi himself! Seriously! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118715.msg1276367#msg1276367

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 01:23:53 AM

Casascius is not satoshi. The writing styles are SIMILAR, but not matching.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 01:42:45 AM

Casascius is not satoshi. The writing styles are SIMILAR, but not matching.
If I would try to seriously hide my identity from beginning, I would not only alter my writing style but also start arguing with my other profiles. I do this all the time elsewhere and it works great! Cheesy

I understand English quite a good but the English language itself is somewhat limited in both grammar, vocabulary and in means of expression. This reduces entropy and all writings appear somewhat similar. In comparison my native language is considered one of the most complex and oldest languages still used in world and when reading large enough sample the writer can be manually identified with great likelihood.

Take a look on actions, the diversity of actions and try to imagine the man behind that.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 06:53:02 AM

In comparison my native language is considered one of the most complex and oldest languages still used in world...

What this language is?
Polvos

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 09:33:20 AM

In comparison my native language is considered one of the most complex and oldest languages still used in world...

What this language is?

With the latin alphabet I vote for hungarian.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 11:13:17 AM

What this language is?

With the latin alphabet I vote for hungarian.

After analyzing his usage of commas I vote for Russian.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 12:05:32 PM

+1 for Russian

Don't leave us hanging Tongue
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 12:08:51 PM

If by "oldest" you mean least recently changed, then Basque, Hungarian or Finnish if Indo-European. Or maybe Hindi?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 02:41:24 PM

I am Latvian.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 03:29:04 PM

I am Latvian.

It still doesn't give an answer regarding the language. Latvia is an ex-USSR country, so it can be Russian or Latvian.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 04:18:54 PM

I am Latvian.

It still doesn't give an answer regarding the language. Latvia is an ex-USSR country, so it can be Russian or Latvian.
Latvians speak in latvian language. Russians speak in russian language. Almost no russian living in Latvia identifies himself as a latvian. The cultural, linguistic and mental differences are huge and largely incompatible. Russians were migrated in Latvia after WW2 as a USSR planed to destroy ethnic latvians and make a Latvia a permanent part of Russia. Probably no nation lost more people by percentage of population in 20th century wars than latvians did. We have one of best climates in world, plenty of usable land and strategic military and trade seaports, it is no surprise russians and others are after us.

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 11:37:50 PM

I am Latvian.

Latvians speak in latvian language. Russians speak in russian language. Almost no russian living in Latvia identifies himself as a latvian. The cultural, linguistic and mental differences are huge and largely incompatible. Russians were migrated in Latvia after WW2 as a USSR planed to destroy ethnic latvians and make a Latvia a permanent part of Russia. Probably no nation lost more people by percentage of population in 20th century wars than latvians did. We have one of best climates in world, plenty of usable land and strategic military and trade seaports, it is no surprise russians and others are after us.

This sounds like a very interesting country. Perhaps a vacation trip would be fun...someday...any recommendations?

...wow...that's really off topic.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: