Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:50:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitinstant took a little longer then expected for me but came through  (Read 2358 times)
laststop (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 01:59:56 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2012, 03:52:28 AM by laststop

they say 1 hour after transfer you will have your money well its been six hours and I still have nothing. It's great being jerked around. Wonder if I'm even gonna see the money.

edit: well I got the money and they were kind enough to credit the fee to me so I'm good with bitinstant would do business again
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 02:00:34 AM

they say 1 hour after transfer you will have your money well its been six hours and I still have nothing. It's great being jerked around. Wonder if I'm even gonna see the money

Have you contacted their support?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
rexcoin

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 02:04:44 AM

more details?

I used bitinstant a number of times and i pay by moneygram at cvs with the red phone, after i paid the cvs cashier and the time i walk home i have the bitcoins.

Also bitinstant has limits in which can slow the process down by a heck of alot. Did you send over $1,000 or something?

I love people who say bitinstant is a scam, even though the owner is active on here and helps the customer in every situation...
I am not saying bitinstant is run by god, because heh that sure is not true, but they are a registered USA company and have been reliable for me and many others.
laststop (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 02:05:07 AM

they told me it would be manually sent through. that was 3 hours ago. it was a 500 dollar and a 150 dollar moneygram transfer 2 seperate transfers 1 went through 1 didnt
rexcoin

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 02:08:31 AM

they told me it would be manually sent through. that was 3 hours ago.

Well stuff happens, im sure they will come through soon, just keep emailing or something, why would you post a thread saying bitinstant screwed you if it only been 3 hours?
Do you post on other businesses forums and scream they screwed you because they did not send the product within 3 hours?
laststop (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 02:09:33 AM

I needed the coins hours ago. So already messed up everything for me. Thats how life is. The one time you need something quick and somehow i get screwed.

They shouldn't advertise 1 hour transfers and charge these fees for quick service and that not provide it.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 02:11:48 AM

I needed the coins hours ago. So already messed up everything for me. Thats how life is. The one time you need something quick and somehow i get screwed.

They shouldn't advertise 1 hour transfers and charge these fees for quick service and that not provide it.

Pretty much every other time a user has had a complaint about Bitinstant it has been the user's mistake that has caused the delays/problems. On the rare occasion this wasn't the case, Bitinstant made it up to them.

What caused the problem this time?

rexcoin

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 02:13:19 AM

They do provide 1 hour service, i get my bitcoins within 15 minutes after paying the cashier.
Maybe moneygram or whatever you used had a red flag for you, and bitinstant is still looking through it.
Maybe they should have not told you that in 3 hours you will get the bitcoins, but then again if they said within 24-48 hours you would get it you would be in a worse mood the now?

Just calm down, write a email support request or send a private message on here to bitinstant. Im pretty sure they will help your through this.
laststop (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 02:13:29 AM

I don't know but I needed the money hours ago. There was a time limit. Had 4 hours to do it and bitinstant advertises 1 hour and it didn't happen. So even if I eventually get them it doesn't make up for me missing what i needed them for....
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 02:14:23 AM

Waiting for Charlie to show up and be all political so I can be his anger translator again.
laststop (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 02:16:57 AM

i coulda waited for TC and got my coins fee free +1% bonus if I knew it was going to be this long. I needed coins "instantly" thats why i paid the extra money to get them from bitinstant. This is total fail for them.

I guess I'm the dick for expecting them to live up to their advertisements. Whatever guys
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 03:19:12 AM

Whoa, hey now. We don't screw anyone.

Pm me your details, I'll be home in an hour.

If it was our problem, I'll gladly pay for the fees

- charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
laststop (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 03:44:25 AM

well money did finally come into the blockchain some 6.5 hours after i sent the money. Little longer then the 1 hour after money is deposited claim it said on my order. The delay really did cause me a lot of problems and I would appreciate the fee credited for the problems.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 03:56:10 AM

well money did finally come into the blockchain some 6.5 hours after i sent the money. Little longer then the 1 hour after money is deposited claim it said on my order. The delay really did cause me a lot of problems and I would appreciate the fee credited for the problems.

As promised, we will pay for the delays if it was our fault.

I'm in a cab now on my way home!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

Stn

Activity: 227

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 04:00:01 AM

What a bloody jerk.
laststop (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 04:05:22 AM

funny im a jerk when it says money deposited in 1 hour from when money is dropped off and it didn't even appear in the blockchain till way way past 1 hour. It caused me a big problem having my money unexpectededly delayed like that. If that makes me a dick then yea im a dick then.
laststop (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 04:10:39 AM

I'm done arguing about it. Quit kissing vendors ass. Hold them responsible to their advertisements. If you wanna charge premium rates for a fast service you should deliver on what you charge for. Somebody needs to stick up for consumers rights. And once I actually talked to charlie it was cool. Someone named rachel told me it would be 1 more hour at 6 o clock and it wasnt 1 more hour so that upset me before i even came here. So maybe I came off a little pre angry.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 04:19:14 AM

I'm done arguing about it. Quit kissing vendors ass. Hold them responsible to their advertisements. If you wanna charge premium rates for a fast service you should deliver on what you charge for. Somebody needs to stick up for consumers rights. And once I actually talked to charlie it was cool. Someone named rachel told me it would be 1 more hour at 6 o clock and it wasnt 1 more hour so that upset me before i even came here. So maybe I came off a little pre angry.

No one is blaming you for being angry.

You have every right to be.

We didn't deliver on time and will refund the fees as promised

Charlie

BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 06:34:51 PM

Chiming in to say it was a hassle but it worked for me as well.

BTC Long.
laststop (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 07:16:40 PM

yea this is pretty much the fastest option out there. On average it's the fastest. I haven't dealt with tangible cryptography yet but he offers a bank deposit to a bank close to me with no fees and 1% above mt gox paid out. Unfortunately he was down till friday so I couldn't wait. I do see some of his transfer being in under an hour from bank deposit but I don't think he guarantees his time as fast as bitinstant.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: