Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:48:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CHIP] Chipcoin | Full PoS | Maintained Only | Yobit | Nova  (Read 63469 times)
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 06:21:50 AM

the announcement was made well in advance as to exactly what would happen and the given time frame. Allowing 6 months to 1 year for a coin swap is also certainly not "normal" by any means and I would hope that anybody that has any sizable investment in ANY coin would also know that the need to pay attention is important.

where is the problem to wait for all laggards for 6 months(?)

6 months of keeping a dead chain moving is just not realistic. Like I and others have said, ample time and advanced notification was given for the swap. Busy or not, failure to keep tabs on an investment is not the responsibility of the developer or anyone else.
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 09:24:25 PM

the announcement was made well in advance as to exactly what would happen and the given time frame. Allowing 6 months to 1 year for a coin swap is also certainly not "normal" by any means and I would hope that anybody that has any sizable investment in ANY coin would also know that the need to pay attention is important.

6 months of keeping a dead chain moving is just not realistic. Like I and others have said, ample time and advanced notification was given for the swap. Busy or not, failure to keep tabs on an investment is not the responsibility of the developer or anyone else.

Also - in all honesty - 600 Chip is a tiny amount to be concerned over.  If you are truly a holder of 600 chip and wish to be still - please prove your amount and upload a picture of your wallet balance.  Download a new wallet and send me the address - I will donate the amount to you so you are made whole.

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 10:58:17 PM

Also - in all honesty - 600 Chip is a tiny amount to be concerned over.  If you are truly a holder of 600 chip and wish to be still - please prove your amount and upload a picture of your wallet balance.  Download a new wallet and send me the address - I will donate the amount to you so you are made whole.

@axllht - I do not click links pm'd to me.  Please post the pic of your wallet here and post your new chip address and I will send the 600 chip to you.

LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 03:37:19 PM

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas! Cheesy

The past two weeks have been very busy, but I am finally available again. Still eagerly waiting for BanzaiBTC's next move, in the meanwhile I am still holding, staking, and buying! Smiley
pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 12:08:01 AM

@axllht - I do not click links pm'd to me.  Please post the pic of your wallet here and post your new chip address and I will send the 600 chip to you.

LOL @axllht too funny.  You are not following my instructions.  Last chance. Post your wallet pic here and include your new wallet address. DO NOT PM ME.  Thanks.

LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 10:14:23 AM

LOL @axllht too funny.  You are not following my instructions.  Last chance. Post your wallet pic here and include your new wallet address. DO NOT PM ME.  Thanks.
Curious to see these as well.

@pokeytex, be careful with links sent to you via PM. Friend of mine lost over $ 10,000 of his investment due to some wallet stealer malware.
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 02:05:42 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2015, 09:11:19 PM by BanzaiBTC

Alright guys,

I am working on a new PoS reward table.

I have been working on the following, and currently testing with a clone of chip:

a 30 block loop with + 1 CHIP on every block

So something like this:

Block 70001 - 2 CHIP
Block 70002 - 3 CHIP
Block 70003 - 4 CHIP
Block 70004 - 5 CHIP
Block 70005 - 6 CHIP
Block 70006 - 7 CHIP
Block 70030 - 31 CHIP
Loop reset
Block 70031 - 2 CHIP
Block 70032 - 3 CHIP
etc. etc.

Maybe to keep the numbers nice and ordered, I will make the 2 CHIP, 1 CHIP Wink So we will have a 1 to 30 CHIP reward

These are just examples of course. I am still calculating how much reward one block should give to keep us healthy, but also interests new people. Any thoughts/advice are welcome Smiley
Enema

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:14:45 AM

Alright guys,

I have been working on the following, and currently testing with a clone of chip:

So something like this:

Block 70001 - 2 CHIP
Block 70002 - 3 CHIP
Block 70003 - 4 CHIP
Block 70004 - 5 CHIP
Block 70005 - 6 CHIP
Block 70006 - 7 CHIP
Block 70030 - 31 CHIP
Loop reset
Block 70031 - 2 CHIP
Block 70032 - 3 CHIP
etc. etc.

Maybe to keep the numbers nice and ordered, I will make the 2 CHIP, 1 CHIP Wink So we will have a 1 to 30 CHIP reward

These are just examples of course. I am still calculating how much reward one block should give to keep us healthy, but also interests new people. Any thoughts/advice are welcome Smiley

How do you prevent someone from mod the code and runs a wallet that only stakes when rewards are max ?

bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:39:47 AM

Alright guys,

So something like this:

Block 70001 - 2 CHIP
Block 70002 - 3 CHIP
Block 70003 - 4 CHIP
Block 70004 - 5 CHIP
Block 70005 - 6 CHIP
Block 70006 - 7 CHIP
Block 70030 - 31 CHIP
Loop reset
Block 70031 - 2 CHIP
Block 70032 - 3 CHIP
etc. etc.

How do you prevent someone from mod the code and runs a wallet that only stakes when rewards are max ?

I think if you want to avoid strong sellers pressure you should lock reward to one coin per block, or perhaps from time to time a superblock with 100 coins or similar
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 12:53:44 AM

Stakes are still calculated through weight.. So its a matter of luck who generates the new block. With only 30 blocks in a loop, it would not make sense at all to think you are at an advantage if you mod the wallet. In fact, this will only decrease you input block weight compared to people who stake a 1 or 2 chip block in the same loop. As a matter of saying that is.

So lets say I stake a block with 3 CHIP
And you with the modded wallet only stake from the 15-30 chip reward. And you grab a 20 CHIP reward in the same loop

Both our inputs will be "reset and split/joined"
My input however is just a little more mature then your input, and in theory should be at a point it will stake again, faster then your input. Of course there are many many other factors at stake (lol funny) here.

However, I need to think this through if there will be an advantage or not.

This does bother me. And thank you for bringing this to my attention. I did not thought about this tbh.
A simple way to prevent this is to randomize the blockvalues. So the rewards will still be the same, but interval at a different blocknr every loop. I need work that out first though lol
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 01:02:40 AM

I think if you want to avoid strong sellers pressure you should lock reward to one coin per block, or perhaps from time to time a superblock with 100 coins or similar

Yes I thought about that. But I don't know if that will bring any good to us. Lately the big dumps seem to have stopped. Also looking at the richlist, the top 20 is only growing and nicely staking it seems. Lowering the blockreward to 1 chip a block, I am afraid this will bring us back to the level we we're before the takeover even started. Lets put it this way. Do you think its worth it to keep your wallet running 24/7 for lets say 30-50 coins a day? We need some excitement in the reward structure.

A few superblocks in between are also a nice way. But there are so many options.. With my test, I was only testing.. Nothing is official yet.

Maybe it is time to put up a poll with a few options...

Bring on the suggestions guys!  Smiley
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 07:01:54 PM

what about a much more simple reward system?? have static rewards + superblocks + extra bonusses for the amount of days someone is staking??

btw i thought this project was dead... very inactive thread and dev...

how are you planning to attract more investors and increase the value of the coin if nothing is happening?? the absense of some of the bigger names like pokeytex cryptotowelie lucd coldfusion woody worries me... im grateful that you took over this project but how do you expect people to srsly believe in the project?? dice and wheel games still not finished... things keep getting delayed...

mehh im losing faith... hope im wrong!!! if theres anything we can do pls let us know!!

still holding and staking...

I can't disagree on that. I'm the type of guy who does to many things at the same time. I do come through eventually though lol. And that is what counts imo. My private life is rather busy atm, so unfortunately I can't spend as much time on CHIP as I want right now.

The reason the dice and wheel are not up yet, is because in the 1.5 month I had them running before the swap. 2-3 people used it. Overall there we're less then 40 bets made in 1.5 month.
I will bring back the wheel, and the dice if you guys really want it. Don't forget you can use the yobit dice also atm.

But I miss involvement you know... I am doing this all by myself behind the scenes.. Luc tries to help out whenever he can though, even if its only advice on what I'm working on.. It would be great if someone else steps up who wants to assist in the development. I'm talking about website maintaining, community manager/pr etc.

The network itself is doing great, exchanges are taken care off for the moment. So yeah, its time to get going again. Thats why I am working on a new reward structure for starters, and some other stuff too Wink

Reward structure you suggested is noted, I kind of like the idea. But it reminds me of Tab's XRA. Not sure how that will work out with a static reward structure.

Anyway, besides all that.. I'm not going anywhere, so at least there still is a developer
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 10:50:27 PM

Hey. Have been visiting thread here frequently
 but I'll make it a point to contribute instead of just popping in and out.
Nice to know I was missed.
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 11:57:12 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2015, 12:27:44 AM by BanzaiBTC

Alright guys,

I modded a script to accept chipcoin through an opencart webshop, and it works perfectly.

I will start selling my services for chip soon. With a big discount compared to my BTC prices.

Though not everyone gains from that, it might put some buy pressure now and then.

So,
explorers
node pages
nodes
My modded coin wheel script/setup
My modded dice script/setup
Faucet script/setup

More info about that soon

And woody, nice to still have you around  Smiley
coldfusion

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 04:01:28 AM

Still here guys. I believe in this project and wont abandon CHIP.
I don't always have much to say , but I will try and post more.
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 04:24:36 AM

Alright guys,

I modded a script to accept chipcoin through an opencart webshop, and it works perfectly.

I will start selling my services for chip soon. With a big discount compared to my BTC prices.

Though not everyone gains from that, it might put some buy pressure now and then.

So,
explorers
node pages
nodes
My modded coin wheel script/setup
My modded dice script/setup
Faucet script/setup

More info about that soon

And woody, nice to still have you around  Smiley

i'll take an iPhone for 101 CHIP
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 11:49:55 AM

Haha, yeah always nice these demo products Cheesy
pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 08:47:19 PM

Hello all - also still here and holding.  Am away for the holidays with limited internet access. Happy New Year!

Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 12:47:05 AM

This coin is a long term hold for me - Banzai's here - I'm here for the long run!

Chip community Wishing you a
                 Happy New Year from Las Vegas!

BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 01:01:24 PM

Thanks you for the support woody! Smiley

And a happy new year to all of you!

Toasting for another good year in crypto!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: