Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:38:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you store your bitcoins ?  (Read 13038 times)
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 02:50:00 PM

Any suggestions on where a person who has already purchased bitcoins through Coinbase / circle should store them? I'm open to any suggestions from members. Thanks

I hold my Bitcoins in few places: Coinbase (but not much - just something like a reserve). My MultiBit desktop wallet (For use on a daily basis). Third place is just my wallet file that i have in 4 places - hard disk, two emails, pendrive and DVD Smiley

I feel safe Smiley

I think you should not store any relevant amount in any place that isn't a Local wallet. I would trust a Bitcoin Core running a full node in a secured computer as a good way to do long term storage while still being able to easily send and receive coins. Paper wallets are even more secure, but it's annoying if you want to create new coins addresses all the time and manage payments.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OrientA

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:55:34 PM

Any suggestions on where a person who has already purchased bitcoins through Coinbase / circle should store them? I'm open to any suggestions from members. Thanks

I hold my Bitcoins in few places: Coinbase (but not much - just something like a reserve). My MultiBit desktop wallet (For use on a daily basis). Third place is just my wallet file that i have in 4 places - hard disk, two emails, pendrive and DVD Smiley

I feel safe Smiley

I think you should not store any relevant amount in any place that isn't a Local wallet. I would trust a Bitcoin Core running a full node in a secured computer as a good way to do long term storage while still being able to easily send and receive coins. Paper wallets are even more secure, but it's annoying if you want to create new coins addresses all the time and manage payments.

I use Bitcoin Core running a full node. That is just used to send and receive a small amount of bitcoin. Most of bitcoins are stored in a USB. The wallet files are encrypted with 7Zip. I just hope NSA does not have backdoor to the 7Zip encryption.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:27:10 AM

I got robbed of 6 btc last year so after wiping my computer I bought a ledger wallet. 100% safe and secure, low cost for peace of mind. I recommend ledger's product to anyone who will listen
poelling92
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 01:08:03 AM

I keep my principal amount in classic Bitcoin Core wallet on a separate, clean laptop. Only the OS and wallet, nothing more ! When I need expenses or to top up my deposits at exchanges I sent the part in my wallet blockchain.info and make payments with it. I think it's safer, but that's just imho ...
sponz

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 01:08:43 AM

i store my bitcoins in desktop wallet and a little in online wallet
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 01:12:48 AM

I have safely stored about 90-95% of my bitcoins on a deck of cards for over a year now.
I keep the rest on my mobile (Coinomi) and desktop (Electrum) for daily use.

ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 01:57:01 AM

I save my bitcoin in local exchanger, safe enough and when I want to sell it will be easier Smiley.

EpicFail

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 02:07:44 AM

I store my bitcoins on the blockchain, but not on blockchain.info.

I store my private keys on a hard drive and in a USB drive.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:14:53 AM

I personally have encrypted my cold wallet backups and they are stored on my HDD. Plus I have my cold wallets also as paper wallets. I think it's more than decent.
foxkyu

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:26:12 AM

I save my bitcoin in local exchanger, safe enough and when I want to sell it will be easier Smiley.
Yeah, I do the same. I have some bitcoin in exchange only for trading and to get fiat.

But for daily use, i choose to store my bitcoin into multibit wallet. It's very safe anyway.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:37:06 AM

Let's hope your exchanger is pretty trustworthy enough not to turn into another Mt
Gox Sad
I'd rather put my btc inside desktop wallet and mobile wallet for the sake of my own safety Wink
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:50:27 AM

i hope you have a low amount there, because the safest way is always a cold storage not certainly an exchnage, unless we are talking about coinbase which have insurance
Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:13:54 AM

Bitcoin Core since a long time. Only things to remember are: backups and strong passwords.
For everyday use Mycelium is good.

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
███████████████████████████
.COOK.
     Decentralized Asset Management Platform     
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:41:37 AM

i save my bitcoin into local exchange and in the blockchain wallet but if you have a huge amount of bitcoin i recommend you should use offline wallet such a bitcoin core or electrum wallet because it's more safe i think
adicted

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:56:45 AM

Personally I store and save my bitcoin on my mobile wallet, specifically on Mycelium bitcoin wallet. I also suggest it as I find it secure and convenient. I can bring my bitcoin wallet securely on my pocket anywhere I go Smiley
JeWay

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:59:08 AM

I prefer to use Bitcoin Core, and if you want to spend it when you go out just use Online Wallet like Blockchain.
But don't store many Bitcoin on online wallet, it's very risky.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:03:14 AM

Personally I store and save my bitcoin on my mobile wallet, specifically on Mycelium bitcoin wallet. I also suggest it as I find it secure and convenient. I can bring my bitcoin wallet securely on my pocket anywhere I go Smiley

I hope that you don't hold all of your coins there and that this is not a very big amount, since this is not the  most secure way to hold your coins. You need to do a research and educate yourself a bit more!
faridkifly

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:13:48 AM

now im just using blockchain.
because I think not need to create another storage place,besides blockchain very accessible for me
USB-S

Activity: 574

In XEM we trust

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:18:10 AM

I hope that you don't hold all of your coins there and that this is not a very big amount, since this is not the  most secure way to hold your coins. You need to do a research and educate yourself a bit more!
You're right, what if he loses his phone or even worse someone has access to his phone. Things would get bad pretty quickly. There's a slim chance that Mycelium would shut down as well. Apple just had a zero day exploit where anyone could root your phone just by going to a webpage on safari. Some sort of same zero day exploit was available on android as well if I recall correctly. So he's pretty much playing with fire.

Any income I earn will go to my blockchain wallet, where it doesn't sit for long as I constantly invest in different crypto platforms. I also got a minted wallet from nasty, which I use to store my "retirement" funds. I mostly send dust to there like my earnings from signature campaign and my U3 miner. As for my alt coin investments. I use a cold wallet.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
adicted

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:18:47 AM

Uhm, actually I store 1 btc there , which is the amount I am holding right now. Someone just told me mycelium will be a good wallet to store my coins and after some research, I used it. Yes I am aware its not the most secure way but this the only wallet I am comfortable with so far. I heard about hardware wallets and paper wallets, which were way more secured than a mobile wallet like mycelium. I need to research more though
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: