Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:54:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CleverBot - Let this serve as a warning to scammers thinking of contracting me  (Read 3256 times)
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 10:44:34 PM

Hi folks,

My name is syntaks, some of you may or may not know me.  I've been involved passionately in crypto for some years now as a developer and supporter, and my passion stems from the potential I see in not only the technology empowering crypto but also the symbolism behind the movement and the ability it has to make a positive change in this world.  Those who do know me, are aware I'm not one to produce garbage, get involved with those seeking to sodomize this space by polluting it with more and more scams, nor one to release products I feel are sub-par or won't provide any substantial use.  Those who do not know me, are aware of that now.  I'm prompted typically daily by various organizations or individuals to contract code for them.  Depending on the project, I'll either accept or decline the offer as I'm here full-time.  In the even a blatant scam should surface and find its way to my domain, I'll be the first to out it.  We've all been victims of various scams within this space, and it's my opinion in general if you have the opportunity to do something good or prevent others from being victims - you should.  These are screenshots of messages back and forth between ITileclooTI and myself minutes ago, who prompted me as you'll see to code for them.

I'm not a copy and paste developer, and I'm not a thief.  Nor will I sit idle while others await punishment for no other reason than having faith in a project based on lies.  Reverse engineering a product someone else has put time and work into, only to rename it to profit off of the unaware - is not something I condone or will partake in.  Let this serve as a warning to those in this space looking to only destroy crypto and dilute the quality with more garbage - do not contact me.  I'd rather be poor with a good conscience, than rich with my head held low.

Sincerely,

syntaks

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 10:49:58 PM

Damm fools try to rip off botcoin and then turns out they cant.
That's karma.
ITileclooTI

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 10:54:47 PM

Yes, I have asked him to help with clonning the bot source. Why is it necessary to publish the whole PM history?
Ants in My Pants

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 10:55:57 PM

That's karma.

Coming from someone who obviously doesn't believe in Karma...

Yes, I have asked him to help with clonning the bot source. Why is it necessary to publish the whole PM history?

You're just as sad as Bobsurplus.  Get a life, do something innovative.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 10:57:24 PM

I just responded to your PM.  Here's what was sent:

You just lied to people about:

a) a product you don't have or have any grasp of how to procure other than stealing it
b) asked me to reverse engineer someone's code which is meant to be private other than for those who rightfully have access to it (by means of purchase)

You see nothing wrong with this?

Perplexed,

syntaks

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 10:57:40 PM

That's karma.

Coming from someone who obviously doesn't believe in Karma...

You're just as sad as Bobsurplus.  Get a life, do something innovative.

Hell yeah I believe in karma, and thats why the stupid bot dev failed.
ITileclooTI

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:01:46 PM

I do confirm that I offered him money. I kindly asked him for help in clonning. That would not change anything and will not make you look better. Feel free to bump this thread if you like.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 11:02:56 PM

I'm going to keep this public, so there is no sense in messaging me again with it:

Yes, i asked you to help with clonning the source. And what is your point? Why is it necessary to publish the PM history?

You just lied to people about:

a) a product you don't have or have any grasp of how to procure other than stealing it
b) asked me to reverse engineer someone's code which is meant to be private other than for those who rightfully have access to it (by means of purchase)

You see nothing wrong with this?

Perplexed,

syntaks

Well, that is called hype and is related to my project. I offered you money in exchange for help in clonning of existent open source project. Is it criminal?

If you reverse engineer Microsoft's code, repackage it and rebrand it - and charge people for it - is that illegal?  You're taking money out of people's pockets based on empty promises and lies.  Enough.  How many people sent you their coin in hopes this was worthwhile?  How many are being screwed right now and let down?  Illegal, and immoral - to say the least.

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 11:05:01 PM

I do confirm that I offered the OP money. I kindly asked him for help in clonning botcoin source. That would not change anything and will not make you look better. Feel free to bump this thread if you like.

I do not need your help or this thread to "look better".  My point here isn't to gain anything other than audience from those interested in or vested in your product and to alert anyone else that might consider doing business with you in the future.  Your ethics are absent and your logic is beyond flawed.  I believe you should refund those who bought into your ICO.  That's just my opinion though, of course.

Disgusted,

syntaks

dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:29:32 PM

I do confirm that I offered him money. I kindly asked him for help in clonning. That would not change anything and will not make you look better. Feel free to bump this thread if you like.

You couldn't hide forever.  Way to delete my posts in your moderated thread about your scam.  Guess the word is out.

c-cex
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 11:44:33 PM

Thanks for this valuable information. As developer lied to it's investors and was not going to fulfill his promises we have to make full refunds. Give us some time and we will do it shortly.

Bitcoines

Activity: 591
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:51:16 PM

I do confirm that I offered the OP money. I kindly asked him for help in clonning botcoin source. That would not change anything and will not make you look better. Feel free to bump this thread if you like.

I do not need your help or this thread to "look better".  My point here isn't to gain anything other than audience from those interested in or vested in your product and to alert anyone else that might consider doing business with you in the future.  Your ethics are absent and your logic is beyond flawed.  I believe you should refund those who bought into your ICO.  That's just my opinion though, of course.

Disgusted,

syntaks

It is called ethics, well done syntaks.

"[Virtual Currencies] may hold long-term promise, particularly if the innovations promote a faster, more secure and more efficient payment system." ~Ben Bernanke
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 01:32:17 AM

Disgusted,

syntaks

Thank you syntaks for revealing and sharing this valuable information. You deserve to be congratulate for doing the right and ethical way of action.
and for the cleverbot dev which has a high pattern of being a scammer should be discredited and make the appropriate response on his trust ratings.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 01:50:12 AM

As expected these two notifications just came in:

You have just been sent a personal message by Bitcoin Forum on Bitcoin Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Hi folks,

I created a separate thread seeing as this one is self-moderated, but I urge you to read this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1189767.new#new

Best regards,

syntaks

--------

You have just been sent a personal message by Bitcoin Forum on Bitcoin Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Quote from: dbt1033 on September 24, 2015, 11:30:44 PM
Quote from: Qiuyue201 on September 24, 2015, 11:29:02 PM
Quote from: twoturtles on September 24, 2015, 10:45:08 PM
Hi folks,

I created a separate thread seeing as this one is self-moderated, but I urge you to read this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1189767.new#new

Best regards,

syntaks

CCEX, this is ultimate proof that CLT dev is a scammer and didn't deliver bot and in order to get ICO BTC decided to steal other's software and reverse engineer it. Please take care of it and set the buy wall now. And everyone who is reading this thread, click "submit ticket" on CCEX and let them know about it.

Also, I am making printscreens right now in order to protect us from dev deleting the truth.

Deleting the truth...he's done that to several of my posts.  What a loser.

Which is why I created this thread.  It's not moderated and not going anywhere.

Best regards,

syntaks

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 01:51:15 AM

Wow, the CleverBot-Dev is deleting my posts. What I wrote was this, to a post (also deleted) from C-Cex:

If you would put up an average price buy wall and give the fees C-Cex made out of it to Syntaks,....

- investors would be lucky to get their money back, and Syntaks protected them all from being scammed
- it would be great for your credibility, because Syntaks protected you from losing credibility
- it would be a good sign for crypto itself that honesty still means something and is rewarded
- it would be a warning to all potential scammer, that there is a risk

Just as an idea. I did not invest, but I know Syntaks. And I know that he could make so much easy money if he wouldn't be what he showed. Crypto needs more Devs like him.

Think about it... It could be a win-win-win and one lose not just for this scammer.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum

As there was information revealed in this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1189767 that dev was not even ready or started to develop promised functionality - we have to issue full refunds. As there was 2 stages for ICO price (400 and 500 sat) - some investors bought at 400 and some at 500.

I have 2 options:

1. Put an average price buy wall according on total amount of BTC gained and CLT sold.
2. Some of investors never sold their coins and did not play on market. So we can do direct refunds for them at the price they purchased CLT. For all other investors who did sells after ICO we will offer average buy wall from what is left after direct refunds.

I need good advise from community. Maybe someone can offer better option? I want to refund all investors asap and I will not delay it because of long debates. I will take decision shortly.

Meanwhile market removed to prevent speculations because of refunds.

Sincerely, Yuriy.

If you would put up an average price buy wall and give the fees C-Cex made out of it to Syntaks,....

- investors would be lucky to get their money back, and Syntaks protected them all from being scammed
- it would be great for your credibility, because Syntaks protected you from losing credibility
- it would be a good sign for crypto itself that honesty still means something and is rewarded

Just as an idea. I did not invest, but I know Syntaks. And I know that he could make so much easy money if he wouldn't be what he showed. Crypto needs more Devs like him.

Think about it... It could be a win-win-win and one lose not just for this scammer.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 01:53:35 AM

Wow, the CleverBot-Dev is deleting my posts. What I wrote was this, to a post (also deleted) from C-Cex:

More posts of mine just were removed from there as I type this.  I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't need compensation.  I'm just glad more people didn't get screwed over.  The unfortunate reality is there will be another 3 of those to replace it and the pattern continues.

Best regards,

syntaks

c-cex
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 01:58:28 AM

CLT dev deleted posts in his moderated thread. Please, pick up refund options discussion here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418700.msg12515354#msg12515354

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 01:59:58 AM

More posts of mine just were removed from there as I type this.  I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't need compensation.  I'm just glad more people didn't get screwed over.  The unfortunate reality is there will be another 3 of those to replace it and the pattern continues.

Best regards,

syntaks

I wouldn't see it as compensation and I wouldn't see it just as "money for you"... I would like to see it more like a sign and I'm sure it would be good for C-Cex as well. Because it's true that you not just protected Investors for being scammed but also the exchange. It's always bad for an exchange to host a Scam-ICO. In my eyes this way or something like that would be good for all.
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 02:43:48 AM

This guy is a real character...

there will be no end for u after i put a cock in ur mouth

u love blowing my cock in all my threads, i know

Cheesy

next time ill crucify u on my dick on oct, 1  Cheesy i bet i gonna deposit brown cum in ur throat if u do not buy it

again

So butthurt I call his bullshit...

kenel

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 02:44:39 AM

I was just asked by Cleverbot to send 2.5 BTC or they will kidnap my grandmother and "do things to her".

My grandmother has been dead for 4 years man.

Good play, just 4 years late brother.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: