Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:53:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin vs Myriad: Both aim for more decentralised mining. Which way is better?  (Read 964 times)
myriadcoin (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:21:53 PM

Vertcoin and Myriad strike me as two coins that have the same goal but a radically different approach. Which is best in your opinion?

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
http://myriadcoin.org
NOT the Myriad developer. Just a fan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:47:59 PM

Holy ███████ ████.
Did you really register yourself as 'myriadcoin' without being the administrator or something?
████.
I think people will assume this thread is not really serious. I don't. Maybe you're really asking for other's opinions but that's not the best way to start isn't it?
KhalDrago

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:14:10 PM

both were finished long time ago..nobody gives crap anymore..these btc copy 1.0 coins are all done with no significant community.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:13:58 PM

both were finished long time ago..nobody gives crap anymore..these btc copy 1.0 coins are all done with no significant community.

Just looked through KhalDrago's post history to see which coins he supports, but it's practically all comments calling other coins shit/scam/clone/etc. Apparently the only coin he supports is Bitcoin-XT, which, I'm not anti-XT at all, but, way to pick em.

Back to topic, I think Myriad's approach is much better, especially with their recent fork to make sha and scrypt algos merge-mineable. Vert's approach of constantly changing/adjusting algo depends on a lot of moving parts. I think at some point the hope is that the ecosystem becomes big enough that people can just set it and forget it, but that's not possible if you're constantly hardforking to change/adjust algo. Obviously that's not an issue at this point for either coin, since the communities/ecosystems are relatively small and both can push hardforks through, but look at Bitcoin and the surrounding drama over block size limit now; if a coin actually becomes successful, I don't think constantly hardforking is really a reasonable approach.
myriadcoin (OP)

Activity: 209

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:52:49 PM

Holy ███████ ████.
Did you really register yourself as 'myriadcoin' without being the administrator or something?
████.
I think people will assume this thread is not really serious. I don't. Maybe you're really asking for other's opinions but that's not the best way to start isn't it?

I have a 5 year old account on this forum that I recently lost access to. I would like to foster a serious Myriad vs Vertcoin debate. So how do you suggest I start it?

Personally I think Myriad is a better approach. Only 60% of the hash power can be mined with a GPU, which I know Vertans are going to say they don't like. But I actually think that Myriad's approach is still more fair to GPU miners, because it is resistant against GPU farms. GPU farms tend to be powered by large quantities of the same model of GPU. Vertcoin only has 1 PoW algorithm, so one or a few models of GPU are going to be most efficient at mining it. Myriad, however, has 3 GPU PoW algos, meaning that several models of GPU are likely to be quite efficient at mining it on at least one of its algorithms. This means that GPU farms probably have less of an efficiency advantage over home miners.

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
http://myriadcoin.org
NOT the Myriad developer. Just a fan.
mez

Activity: 197

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:03:59 AM

how dare you take myriadcoin as name?

MaxDZ8

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 10:28:59 AM

I have a 5 year old account on this forum that I recently lost access to. I would like to foster a serious Myriad vs Vertcoin debate. So how do you suggest I start it?
I suggest you clarify in your post (or put it in signature directly) IF and HOW you are related to the Myriad cryptocurrency.
Everybody looking at your username will just take for granted you are some sort of admin for myriadcoin, as it is the case for some other alts.
In retrospect, it is incredibly dumb the MYR community didn't take that username and I cannot really blame you for using it BUT it is clear you have already taken a decision WRT this matter. Please be careful.
Personally I think Myriad is a better approach. Only 60% of the hash power can be mined with a GPU,
Nope! Hashrate is a nonlinear property. The fact that GPUs are competitive on 3/5 algorithms does not imply 60% hash rate.
Myriad, however, has 3 GPU PoW algos, meaning that several models of GPU are likely to be quite efficient at mining it on at least one of its algorithms. This means that GPU farms probably have less of an efficiency advantage over home miners.
I think I follow your line of thinking but you are evaluating the implementations of the algorithms, not the algorithms themselves. All MYR algos are SHA-3 candidates or derived from SHA3 candidates so they are similarly complex. GPU farms as you imagine can just burn $$$$ and get access to an optimized kernel. Most SHA3 candidates are dead simple compared to some crazy shit going on AAA videogames.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 10:29:23 AM

Myraid is way more secure.  So is designed to take on lots of value.
Too bad Digi is already the pack leader of the multialgo class.  

Vert is doomed to a long period of depressed prices.  The mining schedule is too long and early investors will be burnt out.
Also Vert is more competing with FTC ... the super-anti-asics class.

Smart money will go with the multialgo class. 

Geeks w/ graphic cards will seek the super-anti-asics class. 

The kicker is that Myraid has attached 2 odd duck algos that the Geeks w/ graphic cards can mine.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
MaxDZ8

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 10:36:27 AM

Anyway, going back to the point. I consider MYR (or multi-algo) to be a step forward compared to VTC. The implications of an accessible mining scheme are very interesting by a social standpoint.

However, in the real world, both have demonstrated that as much as your idea can be good, little hashrate is little hashrate and once you go below a certain threshold you can have as many security as you want. It is incredible how few were mining MYR last month!
newuser01

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 05:51:04 AM

Myraid is way more secure.  So is designed to take on lots of value.
Too bad Digi is already the pack leader of the multialgo class.  

Vert is doomed to a long period of depressed prices.  The mining schedule is too long and early investors will be burnt out.
Also Vert is more competing with FTC ... the super-anti-asics class.

Smart money will go with the multialgo class.  

Geeks w/ graphic cards will seek the super-anti-asics class.  

The kicker is that Myraid has attached 2 odd duck algos that the Geeks w/ graphic cards can mine.

Dude..

Myriadcoin had multialgo before digi.. digi pretty much just copied myriadcoin right off and used that.. plz dont call digi the "pack leader" when all they did was copy myriadcoin.. lol

also digibyte has premine.. that premine is now given away so they count it as 0% premine.. even if the genesis block says otherwise.. sick logic

and imo digibyte has lost all credibility since they cut block reward by at least half, but nobody mentions that anymore Smiley its a shitty precon pump&dump coin.. plz dont compare it with myriadcoin

Myriadcoin has ZERO 0% premine and NO block reward changes that make sure newcomers never catch up, it also has new innovations that are not only copied from other coins. U choose which one u wanna go with ^^
thanks
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 01:32:05 PM

Bringing threads back from the dead.

At this point, I think even though it's much lower marketcap, it seems Myriad has a better approach...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: