Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:59:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Many Of You Use blockchain.info wallet ?  (Read 2636 times)
zeraTunerse (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:54:49 PM

I use blockchain as it's easier to send and receive bitcoins and the time taken for confirming a transaction is lesser compared to xapo. I prefer xapo only if I need to store over 0.4-0.5 BTC as it requires verification to access the wallet and for me xapo is more trustworthy than blockchain.

You can download private keys from blockchain.info but not from Xapo.

Exactly that is why i prefer blockchain.info as my day to day use and it can also be used as cold storage.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 08:11:39 PM

I use blockchain as it's easier to send and receive bitcoins and the time taken for confirming a transaction is lesser compared to xapo. I prefer xapo only if I need to store over 0.4-0.5 BTC as it requires verification to access the wallet and for me xapo is more trustworthy than blockchain.

You can download private keys from blockchain.info but not from Xapo.

Yeah I know that. Coinbase as well doesn't give users a private key of their wallet. But with regards to security, Xapo is much better than Blockchain and even with regards to the fee (xapo doesn't charge any fee for a transaction).

foxkyu

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 02:47:27 AM

I guess most of the people here are familiar with online wallet vulnerability , My question is How many of you Use http://Blockchain.info and why[1]?
Whats the maximum Bitcoins BTC , you dare to keep on these online wallets?
Why you use these online wallets?[1]
I use web online wallet when first time i know bitcoin. Then i prefer to use desktop wallet.
And now i only use web wallet just for import/export privkey just in case something happen.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 02:56:21 AM

I guess most of the people here are familiar with online wallet vulnerability , My question is How many of you Use http://Blockchain.info and why[1]?

I do, because it's simple and very easy to use. When people try to learn how to use bitcoin, blockchain will be the first to being introduce as easy used online wallet.

I'm have more than BTC 1 but yes.. it's kindda scary if I save too much, I need safer wallet but I was too lazy to learn about offline wallet

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
Next BillGates

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 02:59:56 AM

I'm using just for gambling purpose Grin mostly and especially for luckyb.it Wink

ajrah

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 03:32:06 AM

I use blockchain as my wallet to receive coins. They are not strict as to where coins came from, unlike others wallets where if they found out that coins comes from gambling sites or known ponzi sites, they will send you a notice through email that you need to transfer your coins to somewhere else.

Ceizer54

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 04:08:16 AM

I use blockchain.info due to 2 reasons...
1.it is fast and instant.
2.the sending and receiving addresses are same Cheesy
vengeful

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

if i can't save earth, i'll damn sure avenge it

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 04:36:11 AM

i use blockchain too...  Mainly because

1- I don't have enough bitcoins to store in cold storage...
2- I don't know how to store bitcoins in cold storage...

Also because it's fast and reliable
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 05:13:11 AM

I too use the blockchain.info wallet.  Mostly for convenience (easy to use and can be used anywhere in the world with internet access), but also because it has tumbling (mixing) service (SharedCoin) which works pretty well.

Since I visit blockchain.info at least once daily, it makes it easy to check on my BTC there.

Note that the security there may not be the best...  To make my wallet more secure, several months ago I tried using 2FA, but I could never get that to work right.  But, there is also a "lite 2FA" (my wording), via account settings you can set a second password for sending any BTC out.  Highly recommended.

But, most of mt BTC is in cold storage (Trezor and Ledger Nano).  Safer...
Rude Boy

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:48:12 AM

I'm using blockchain.info and coinbase as my primary walltes (for frequent speding). Som part of my bitcoins were stored in blockchain.info for emergency use, when my pc is not with me.
zeraTunerse (OP)

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:58:32 AM

I use blockchain.info due to 2 reasons...
1.it is fast and instant.
2.the sending and receiving addresses are same Cheesy

It is Fast..but not the Fastest  and Many other wallet has also the sending and receiving address same as they are not shared wallet , My question remains question , why you prefer it over other wallets.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 08:03:34 AM

I only use blockchain.info to distribute my weekly earnings. I would never hold any significant value with them. ever.

coinzat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 09:58:28 PM

I use blockchain wallet and the maximum amount that I leave in my wallet is .1btc and I use it because j can access to my wallet anywhere and I do not have enough storage to download bitcoin core
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 10:00:00 PM

I use blockchain wallet and the maximum amount that I leave in my wallet is .1btc and I use it because j can access to my wallet anywhere and I do not have enough storage to download bitcoin core

Check out ninkip2p. Mobile and desktop app plus multi sign and other security measurements. Smiley

Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 10:07:09 PM

I use blockchain.info wallet because it was the first wallet I heard about when I got interested in bitcoin. I didn't know that other wallets also exist at that time and now when I know about other wallets,I dont have any good reason to quite blockchain and move to other

FSociety

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 10:10:02 PM

I use blockchain.info wallet because i can spend unconfirmed btc, i use it as a hot wallet and cold one with the "only watch" option.
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 10:12:32 PM

I use blockchain.info wallet because i can spend unconfirmed btc, i use it as a hot wallet and cold one with the "only watch" option.

Didn't know this fact, lol i was thinking how people are spending unconfirmed transactions,
But what happens when it gets not confirmed for 2 days and the funds are returned to the sender?
I personally don't use the blockchain.info wallet, also it is removed in bitcoin website as a bitcoin wallet.
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 10:20:02 PM

When I first know about bitcoin, Blockchain.info wallet was the most trusted online wallet which I have control of the private keys. There was no better choice at the time. I have a strong password, 2 factor authentication enabled. I backup regularly and do not keep more than 0.5 btc there.
oser41eric

Activity: 501

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 10:22:14 PM

Most people probably started with online wallets, that is a guess I know I did and yes I knew the vulnerabilities.

I still have between a btc and two on there at any given time.

I use them for ease of use and nothing else.

foodstamps

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 10:48:59 PM

I use blockchain.info for disposable wallets. If I only need them for a few uses. I never store much bitcoin on there. But it is just a convenient way to not have to use my main wallets.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: