Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:58:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Many Of You Use blockchain.info wallet ?  (Read 2636 times)
zeraTunerse (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:31:05 PM

I guess most of the people here are familiar with online wallet vulnerability , My question is How many of you Use http://Blockchain.info and why[1]?
Whats the maximum Bitcoins BTC , you dare to keep on these online wallets?
Why you use these online wallets?[1]
mallard

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:45:44 PM

I use Blockchain.info as a "hot wallet", but I never keep more than 0.5 BTC in there. I have a Ledger that I use to store the rest of my BTC.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 05:08:00 PM

I use blockchain as it's easier to send and receive bitcoins and the time taken for confirming a transaction is lesser compared to xapo. I prefer xapo only if I need to store over 0.4-0.5 BTC as it requires verification to access the wallet and for me xapo is more trustworthy than blockchain.

NoRespect

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:12:39 PM

I use blockchain because it has a security password via SMS  Cheesy
HenryK

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:44:42 PM

I use blockchain android wallet because it is user friendly
And I did not see any problems with the app
Andro-B

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:07:57 PM

i like using blockchain.info wallet because it is so easy to signup and i do not have to download 20 gigabyte to have my bitcoin wallet like bitcoincore
angelakay124

Activity: 126

Crypto-Games.net: DICE, BLACKJACK and SLOT

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 05:58:56 AM

I use blockchain.info from the start of my involvement in bit coin platform. They provide address as mobile no. Which is quite good and easy to use as address rather than remembering long traditional address. I have transacted around 1 btc from my blockchain wallet.

Provably fair DICE, SLOT and BLACKJACK  
██████████████████████████████████████ CRYPTO-GAMES.NET ██████████████████████████████████████
0.8% House edgeInstant depositFast bets ChatJackpot Starting Faucet 1kMax Faucet 20.5kInvest
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6144

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:12:12 AM

I guess most of the people here are familiar with online wallet vulnerability , My question is How many of you Use http://Blockchain.info and why[1]?

I suppose people know how dangerous this is and they don't switch unless something bad happens to their bitcoins , I personally switched once the BlockTrail wallet came out since it's both Multi signature and HD wallet unlike Blockchain.info which means it's more secure then them .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:08:42 AM

I have not use blockchain wallet anymore, since my coins got hacked and move without my permission, although i have put a 2FA, i used anti-virus. but they wallet is easy to hacked. i'm comfortable with Electrum wallet.
mallard

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:29:48 AM

I use blockchain as it's easier to send and receive bitcoins and the time taken for confirming a transaction is lesser compared to xapo. I prefer xapo only if I need to store over 0.4-0.5 BTC as it requires verification to access the wallet and for me xapo is more trustworthy than blockchain.

You can download private keys from blockchain.info but not from Xapo.
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:45:14 AM

I still use blockchain.info as a wallet since it is easy to use, fast and it has good security options. Compared to other online wallets it has better features added into it.
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 08:56:48 AM

When I started out Blockchain.info seemed like 'the' wallet to use so I used it as my main wallet.

There has however been many issues with them as well as security concerns. Whether these were valid or not I don't know but it has led to me considering other alternatives. During this time I've also learned more about the security aspects of bitcoin and this has essentially resulted in me ending up with my present setup which is a Trezor used together with Electrum and MyCelium.

With everything that has happened over the past couple of years it has become clear that online wallets are a risk, no matter what promises are made and or what security is being used.
thinkinger

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 11:26:19 AM

im using it but not enjoying it much. sometimes it costs as much as 0.0005 btc for a single sending.

.██████████   bitfons.in- Cryptocurrency Exchange - 10 coins███████.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6144

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 11:37:01 AM

im using it but not enjoying it much. sometimes it costs as much as 0.0005 btc for a single sending.

Those are the normal and recommended fees if you want to get your confirmation getting high priority and getting confirmed as soon as possible otherwise you risk to get unconfirmed transaction and it may end up coming back to you once again , Blockchain wallet don't take any fees for them selfs as far as I know .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Athertle

Activity: 252

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 01:00:17 PM

i like using blockchain.info wallet because it is so easy to signup and i do not have to download 20 gigabyte to have my bitcoin wallet like bitcoincore

If you don't want to download the whole blockchain, then just use a wallet like Electrum; you won't have to download anything.

Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:04:37 PM

I previously used Blockchain.info to store my coins. I used that site for 2+ years. That was the first website where i made my First Bitcoin Wallet Cheesy
But due to security issues i have now switched to Software Wallets Smiley
I use MultiBit HD right now Wink And I'm happy with Multibit Smiley

I stored 1.2BTC max in the blockchain.info wallet till date

mallard

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:52:19 PM

If you set the transaction type to Custom instead of Quick Send, you can enter a different fee.
pjsonowal

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:43:16 PM

I normally use multibit the most.... But yeah i have blockchain app in my phone so i usually use my phone bitcoin wallet to do shopping transactions and othe bill payments... Bitcoin wallet is better than swiping credit card for online shopping or bill payments....

Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:47:41 PM

i have one blockchain wallet, but isn't my principal wallet. I not store more than 0,10 Bitcoins in it. I use it for playing bitcoin games.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:51:59 PM

I started off using it. I quickly realised that while they may be secure, but there've since been a fair few hiccups, the machinery I accessed it with never would be so I moved on.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: