Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:53:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Nasa Major Announcement Regarding Mars On the 28th: What Will It be?  (Voting closed: September 28, 2015, 04:53:03 PM)
Water on Mars. Plenty of it - 7 (43.8%)
Micro organism found. Life - 2 (12.5%)
Fossilized living "things" found. Life, but in the distant past - 3 (18.8%)
A 2 million year old human skull found, with a bullet hole in it - 4 (25%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nasa Major Announcement Regarding Mars On the 28th: What Will It be?  (Read 4536 times)
J. J. Phillips

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 12:21:05 PM

I read that NASA's main purpose since Obama became Dear Leader is to make the Muslim world feel good about itself. So my guess is:

Mars was discovered by Muhammed. As a consequence, like Mecca, only Muslims will be allowed to visit.

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Affair_of_the_Gang_of_Barbarians
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 12:31:42 PM

Well. I'd like to think that they'd be announcing the find of my lost 2010 bitcoin wallet, but I voted that they'd announce that they've found water...I'd love to think that they'd announce that they found life but don't think they would, even if they did find it.
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 12:46:35 PM

The last option of the poll had me laughing pretty hard...

When Nasa announces something im more excited than a kid on Christmas morning.
Its like finding something you lost years ago times 1000.

My pure guess - traces of H2O

Water discowered on mars long time ago. Polar caps on mars contains a lot of water. It's not a sensation. But finding living microorganisms on mars will be a sensation. That would be exciting. Im waiting for this.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:12:26 PM

If we have a live feed from the Rose Garden, you'll know 0bama would want to take credit for everything happening on Mars, for the history book. Forever. If it is a ustream feed from a VGA webcam then it would be about how they fixed their rover remotely, or something as "lame", to quote someone on this thread...

Smiley

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 04:12:07 PM

I think they will say there was something on Mars, used to be life or water, and then the question will be, what went wrong with Mars?

They'll use it to push the NWO/GlobalCitizens/Agenda2030, to push their climate change thing here, saying we have to shape up and get our acts in order to take care of this planet, because otherwise we'll end up like Mars.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 04:47:02 PM

I read that NASA's main purpose since Obama became Dear Leader is to make the Muslim world feel good about itself.

Don't worry about it. Obama's term is about to end, in less than a year. After that Hillary Clinton, who is a Jewish convert will be the POTUS. So after a Muslim POTUS, we will be having a Jewish POTUS.

So my guess is:
Mars was discovered by Muhammed. As a consequence, like Mecca, only Muslims will be allowed to visit.

For Muslims, history before the invention of Islam is a taboo. That is why they are destroying pre-Islamic structures in Bamiyan, Palmyra and Timboktou. I just hope that they will refrain from nuking mars.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:35:28 PM

I read that NASA's main purpose since Obama became Dear Leader is to make the Muslim world feel good about itself.

Don't worry about it. Obama's term is about to end, in less than a year. After that Hillary Clinton, who is a Jewish convert will be the POTUS. So after a Muslim POTUS, we will be having a Jewish POTUS.

So my guess is:

For Muslims, history before the invention of Islam is a taboo. That is why they are destroying pre-Islamic structures in Bamiyan, Palmyra and Timboktou. I just hope that they will refrain from nuking mars.
Why bring religion into this?Cant we stick to topic of the thread please

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 08:57:21 PM

Mars' current climate is anthropogenic.  Roll Eyes

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 12:47:50 AM

The last option of the poll had me laughing pretty hard...

When Nasa announces something im more excited than a kid on Christmas morning.
Its like finding something you lost years ago times 1000.

My pure guess - traces of H2O

Water discowered on mars long time ago. Polar caps on mars contains a lot of water. It's not a sensation. But finding living microorganisms on mars will be a sensation. That would be exciting. Im waiting for this.

Water can only exist on Mars as solid or gas, liquid at that thin atmosphere immediately boils off.  Because in the mid and equatorial latitudes the ground can get to 80F (NOT the air) ground water anywhere near the surface at those latitudes would boil off.  But not at the poles, that is why there is water near the poles.

For this reason if they figured out what causes the streaks on the crater, it would be interesting.  This would be the discovery of a geological mechanism.  My guess is that most people wouldn't be excited about that.

PS.   Reporting is dismally unscientific.  For example -

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2015/09/26/mars-mystery-solved-says-nasa/

Most scientists already agree that the canyons and gullies that cover the Martian surface were once carved by water that flowed across the planet’s now-desolate surface. Now the plant’s poles also sport massive caps of frozen water. But one mystery persists: what happened?

Liquid water on Mars would be a groundbreaking discovery, imagined by scientists for over a century, at least since Italian astronomer Giovanni Schiaparelli captivated the world when he announced the discovery of a massive infrastructure of canals criss-crossing the Martian surface in 1877.

This guy writing does not even understand the effect of pressure on boiling temperature.  I have just explained that no liquid water will be found on Mars....there is no mystery.  The lack of radiation belts such as our Van Allen belts allowed the atmosphere to be ionized, and to be mostly lost.  The atomspheric pressure dropped too low to support liquid water.  There you are.
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 01:09:10 AM

if it was a micro organism they wouldve announced it instantly, my guess is something to do with lauching another mars rover or something.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 01:30:57 AM

Rover fell through the ice, transmitted pictures of the second Stargate (the first one found in Iraq) and the inscription of the dialing codes. Once they move earth's Stargate to the Antarctic, no more need for a manned spacecraft, SG-1 just has to gate over in a submersible, dial back, and flush the lake!

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 02:48:30 AM

Rover fell through the ice, transmitted pictures of the second Stargate (the first one found in Iraq) and the inscription of the dialing codes. Once they move earth's Stargate to the Antarctic, no more need for a manned spacecraft, SG-1 just has to gate over in a submersible, dial back, and flush the lake!

Duh just wanted to write that you watch too much stargate ^^

80% chance: traces of water
15% chance: aliens
 4% chance: something else
 1% chance: human like skull with bullet and similiar

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 03:05:27 PM

Duh just wanted to write that you watch too much stargate ^^

80% chance: traces of water
15% chance: aliens
 4% chance: something else
 1% chance: human like skull with bullet and similiar

There is nothing wrong watching too much Sci-fi.

Smiley

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 03:39:28 PM

I think they will say there was something on Mars, used to be life or water, and then the question will be, what went wrong with Mars?

They'll use it to push the NWO/GlobalCitizens/Agenda2030, to push their climate change thing here, saying we have to shape up and get our acts in order to take care of this planet, because otherwise we'll end up like Mars.

Mars suffered a "climate change" and lost it's water. Do I win anything?
Pentax

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 03:46:21 PM

Martians apparently loved hairspray, poked a hole in the ozone and Al Gore wasn't there to save them.

such a pity.  Mars in the spring was so lovely.....
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 04:02:25 PM

Martians apparently loved hairspray, poked a hole in the ozone and Al Gore wasn't there to save them.

such a pity.  Mars in the spring was so lovely.....

Mars Speaks Out on Climate Change: “The time is now for global collaboration and action”

"Mars urges business and government leaders to drive toward concrete solutions on climate

Climate change is one of the biggest threats to our planet and our way of life. Science tells us that each year it is causing more heatwaves and wildfires, deepening droughts and aggravating flooding. As a result, it’s affecting agriculture and the future security of the food on our plates, without which we cannot survive.

Mars recognizes the threat of climate change and we believe that as a big global business, we must do our part to help tackle the challenge. We are taking advantage of this month’s Climate Week in New York and December’s United Nation’s Conference of the Parties (COP21) in Paris to underscore our commitment to doing our part to tackle global climate change—and to call on business and governments to do more.

Barry Parkin, Chief Sustainability and Healthy & Wellbeing Officer at Mars, feels strongly that business must lead the push for real change: “We know it's going to be important for companies to lead on climate change, and we’re already taking action,” he said. “We’ve declared our own decarbonization commitment – to eliminate the use of fossil fuel energy and greenhouse gas emissions from our operations by 2040 – and our Mesquite Creek wind farm is already generating the equivalent of 100% of the electricity needed to power the entirety of our U.S. operations.”...."

“Mars used to have a huge ocean that may have been as much as a mile deep 3 billion years ago,” NASA’s Jim Green said at a press conference. “It had extensive water resources. But something happened. Mars had a major climate change and lost its surface water.”
(Forbes article)

Seriously do I win anything?

Cheesy
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 04:06:18 PM

its liquid water!!!

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 04:06:46 PM

Revelation! 40000 + strong views! You are like a little ant, always working hard. You've already won in my book...

Smiley

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 04:07:28 PM

its liquid water!!!

YES! The poll got it right!

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 04:10:15 PM

Revelation! 40000 + strong views! You are like a little ant, always working hard. You've already won in my book...

Smiley

LMAO. Ahhh shucks. Thanks. Tongue
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: