Bitcoin Forum
August 19, 2024, 12:48:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Nasa Major Announcement Regarding Mars On the 28th: What Will It be?  (Voting closed: September 28, 2015, 04:53:03 PM)
Water on Mars. Plenty of it - 7 (43.8%)
Micro organism found. Life - 2 (12.5%)
Fossilized living "things" found. Life, but in the distant past - 3 (18.8%)
A 2 million year old human skull found, with a bullet hole in it - 4 (25%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nasa Major Announcement Regarding Mars On the 28th: What Will It be?  (Read 4564 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 04:20:02 PM

I think they will say there was something on Mars, used to be life or water, and then the question will be, what went wrong with Mars?

They'll use it to push the NWO/GlobalCitizens/Agenda2030, to push their climate change thing here, saying we have to shape up and get our acts in order to take care of this planet, because otherwise we'll end up like Mars.

Mars suffered a "climate change" and lost it's water. Do I win anything?

Revelation! 40000 + strong views! You are like a little ant, always working hard. You've already won in my book...

Smiley

LMAO. Ahhh shucks. Thanks. Tongue

Wink

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 05:54:58 PM

I think they will say there was something on Mars, used to be life or water, and then the question will be, what went wrong with Mars?

They'll use it to push the NWO/GlobalCitizens/Agenda2030, to push their climate change thing here, saying we have to shape up and get our acts in order to take care of this planet, because otherwise we'll end up like Mars.

Mars suffered a "climate change" and lost it's water. Do I win anything?

Revelation! 40000 + strong views! You are like a little ant, always working hard. You've already won in my book...

Smiley

LMAO. Ahhh shucks. Thanks. Tongue

Wink

It's not "liquid water" but some sort of hydrated salt.

The article in Nature's abstract is here.

http://www.nature.com/ngeo/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/ngeo2546.html

The hydrated salts most consistent with the spectral absorption features we detect are magnesium perchlorate, magnesium chlorate and sodium perchlorate. Our findings strongly support the hypothesis that recurring slope lineae form as a result of contemporary water activity on Mars.

Wikipedia article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorate

"Chorates are relatively toxic."

This is not exactly human or animal or bacteria friendly stuff.
Shattered

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 08:48:23 PM

The last option of the poll had me laughing pretty hard...

When Nasa announces something im more excited than a kid on Christmas morning.
Its like finding something you lost years ago times 1000.

My pure guess - traces of H2O

Water discowered on mars long time ago. Polar caps on mars contains a lot of water. It's not a sensation. But finding living microorganisms on mars will be a sensation. That would be exciting. Im waiting for this.

*I should have wrote - confirmed H2O instead of "traces of H2O" *

NASA scientists found evidence of perchlorates, (hydrated minerals) which form the streaks on Mars’ surface.
Before todays announcement, they were just guessing it was water.

It will be incredible when we can actually bring back samples of ( fill in the blank ) back to earth for further study.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1032

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 08:54:18 PM

The hydrated salts most consistent with the spectral absorption features we detect are magnesium perchlorate, magnesium chlorate and sodium perchlorate. Our findings strongly support the hypothesis that recurring slope lineae form as a result of contemporary water activity on Mars.

Wikipedia article.

http://aem.asm.org/content/67/6/2499.full ?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 09:04:47 PM

Wikipedia article.

http://aem.asm.org/content/67/6/2499.full ?

SO....we just genetically modify humans to run on this stuff....

I'm afraid though, if they get to Earth, they burst into flames or blow up.

LOL...
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 09:36:12 PM

[...]
One concern this is raising for NASA is how to check out the areas with liquid water (presumably the best shot at finding life) without risking contaminating them with life from Earth. Personally I think that ship may have already sailed. We recently found plankton living on the outside of the space station so we’ve pretty much proven that extremophiles can live pretty much anywhere and can even survive for extended periods in the freezing vacuum and radiation of space. We do try to sterilize everything we launch, but are we that effective at the microbial level? I bet there’s already some Earth based microbes hanging out on Mars thanks to us.

What I’d really like to see is some bacteria that’s actually Martian and figure out a way to bring it back and study it. If it has the same basic type of DNA as all the sub-microscopic critters on the Earth that might really tell us something about the solar system and the universe. (And before you ask, yes… bacteria have DNA. It’s just really simple and located in the nucleoid in the bacterial chromosome.) More to the point, if it’s completely different than any life on Earth, then it arose independently. That might really change our outlook on the world, eh?

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/09/28/big-nasa-mars-mystery-announcement-gets-watered-down/

Flowing Water On Mars

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 11:42:47 PM

Flowing Water On Mars indicates that LIFE CAN HAPPEN ON MARS. (Screw the religious people Grin )
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 11:44:21 PM

Flowing Water On Mars indicates that LIFE CAN HAPPEN ON MARS. (Screw the religious people Grin )

If you believe NASA.....

DID SPACE.COM ADMIT WE NEVER WENT TO THE MOON?

NASA Admits They Can't Send Humans Through The Van Allen Radiation Belts
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3113

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 12:41:19 AM

We'll know in 2020 if life also exists there.  A planned mission will return Martian soil to the Earth for analysis. 

Great time to be alive and not brainwashed!  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 03:19:07 AM

Yes, actually we can and have sent humans through the Van Allen belts.  
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 03:21:02 AM

We'll know in 2020 if life also exists there.  A planned mission will return Martian soil to the Earth for analysis. 

That would be very, very interesting if it could return say, a thousand samples from diverse locations. 

Something like that might actually be near term possible these days.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 03:35:58 AM

That would be very, very interesting if it could return say, a thousand samples from diverse locations. 

Something like that might actually be near term possible these days.

We do not have geostationary labs for deeper sample analysis... Yet there will be point when it would be safer to have a lunar base (for example), when we start bringing stuff back home.

Pai Mei

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

www.DirectBet.eu/Competition

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 03:46:48 AM

strong evidence, but still no hard proof.

will be nice when they are able to collect martian water with a drone

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 09:32:20 AM

Hate to have to collapse your world, but, if it was really done, the truth of it is not being told to us. The videos in the link are not concrete evidence of this lie. But examination of the moon flight pictures shows that it was all faked.

http://www.aulis.com/stereoparallax.htm

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 12:04:19 PM

Can you tell me why the people at NASA don't think they have yet?
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 02:07:57 PM

You are making no sense now.  Please state your premises and supporting evidence.  I am tired of looney Youtube links.

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 02:46:46 PM

You are making no sense now.  Please state your premises and supporting evidence.  I am tired of looney Youtube links.

So you didn't want to watch the NASA engineer talk about the Van Allen belts in the first video?

And you didn't watch the other man in NASA in "space" talking about how they can't get through the Van Allen belts and right now we can only fly in earth orbit and we "could" go to the moon if we could get through them?

Keep your eyes closed, then.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 03:28:49 PM

So you didn't want to watch the NASA engineer talk about the Van Allen belts in the first video?

And you didn't watch the other man in NASA in "space" talking about how they can't get through the Van Allen belts and right now we can only fly in earth orbit and we "could" go to the moon if we could get through them?

I'm only simply asking that you produce facts, and figures to support your opinions instead of Youtube videos.  No, I don't care to watch your videos and the idea that Youtube videos are some kind of "proof" is laughable.

Astrophysics is a science.  Buy a textbook or two.
Van Allen belts are well studied.  Look up the facts.  From a simple Wikipedia 1 minute check.

The Apollo missions marked the first event where humans traveled through the Van Allen belts.....Astronauts' overall exposure was actually dominated by solar particles once outside Earth's magnetic field.

The total radiation received by the astronauts varied from mission to mission but was measured to be between 0.16 and 1.14 rads (1.6 and 11.4 mGy), much less than the standard of 5 rem (50 mSv) per year set by the United States Atomic Energy Commission for people who work with radioactivity.

Emissions from the Sun are a major danger, not the Van Allen belts.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 03:33:07 PM

I'm only simply asking that you produce facts, and figures to support your opinions instead of Youtube videos.  No, I don't care to watch your videos and the idea that Youtube videos are some kind of "proof" is laughable.

Van Allen belts are well studied.  Look up the facts.  From a simple Wikipedia 1 minute check.

The Apollo missions marked the first event where humans traveled through the Van Allen belts.....Astronauts' overall exposure was actually dominated by solar particles once outside Earth's magnetic field.

The total radiation received by the astronauts varied from mission to mission but was measured to be between 0.16 and 1.14 rads (1.6 and 11.4 mGy), much less than the standard of 5 rem (50 mSv) per year set by the United States Atomic Energy Commission for people who work with radioactivity.

This is so funny, lol.

I said people from NASA said we haven't been through the Van Allen belts. The proof that they said it is in the videos.

I'm not arguing about whether or not we can. I'm not trying to prove we can or can't. But it's funny you think I am. I'm telling you the people from NASA said we can't. Why did they say that?
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 04:27:52 PM

This is so funny, lol.

I said people from NASA said we haven't been through the Van Allen belts. The proof that they said it is in the videos.

I'm not arguing about whether or not we can. I'm not trying to prove we can or can't. But it's funny you think I am. I'm telling you the people from NASA said we can't. Why did they say that?
I'm not concerned about some video that you think says something.  You may have misunderstood it, their words may be taken out of context, whatever.   "One person from NASA talking" is not "NASA."

This isn't rocket science.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: