Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:53:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Forum Rank  (Read 2046 times)
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:00:56 PM

Hi forum,

I see alot of scammers and ponzi scammers on this forum. I think we need a new staff rank, scam buster. It is just as a normal member, but this user can give "ban point" scammers with proof. If the scammer has 2 or more "ban points" than the scammer is getting IP banned.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:08:25 PM

as people already said so many times, scams are not moderated.

if you think someone is a scammer, leave a negative feedback or open a scam accusation with proof against that user. let the buyer community beware.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:10:02 PM

if you think someone is a scammer, leave a negative feedback or open a scam accusation with proof against that user. let the buyer community beware.
Yes, that is why we need volontiers that can name this rank and volontiers that can be this rank.
I think it would really help the forum.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
accountbuyer103

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:12:46 PM

Good idea but I think people from default trust are there for that
Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:14:08 PM

Yes, that is why we need volontiers that can name this rank and volontiers that can be this rank.

you're missing my point. getting banned = moderated.
that's not going to happen anytime soon unless theymos change the forum policy on scams.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:15:50 PM

There are people that do just this, but they come under enormous and constant attacks from scammers and hoards of alts. They post often times fake, inaccurate or false DOX, make absurd claims and often unfounded counter accusations. Rubberneckers then chime in often throwing red around like candy at a county fair. Not many will help out with this kind of barrage.
Have you not been paying attention?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:22:55 PM

Hi forum,

I see alot of scammers and ponzi scammers on this forum. I think we need a new staff rank, scam buster. It is just as a normal member, but this user can give "ban point" scammers with proof. If the scammer has 2 or more "ban points" than the scammer is getting IP banned.

No. Thats really all that needs to be said, but I suppose I'll elaborate. If we wanted to enforce (or misinforce) scam prevention measures, it would be done by full staff members, not giving regular members the ability to ban. Regular moderators can't ban, Global Moderators can only perma ban, and Admins are the only usergroup that can temp ban.
poeEDgar

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 07:07:40 PM

If you want to call out ponzi schemes and newbies asking for loans without collateral, you shouldn't get shit for it. I would hate to see even more incentive given to this. There's already too much "scam busting" -- including a lot baseless accusations without evidence.

I'd prefer to see a culture that emphasizes protecting yourself rather than one that emphasizes policing scammers. The latter allows for some individuals to attain an unwarranted level of trust from the community, which will later be abused. It also encourages continued coddling by the Default Trust system, rather than inexperienced traders learning how to protect themselves when doing business.

Quote from: Gavin Andresen
I woulda thunk you were old enough to be confident that technology DOES improve. In fits and starts, but over the long term it definitely gets better.
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 07:52:31 PM

Hi forum,

No. Thats really all that needs to be said, but I suppose I'll elaborate. If we wanted to enforce (or misinforce) scam prevention measures, it would be done by full staff members, not giving regular members the ability to ban. Regular moderators can't ban, Global Moderators can only perma ban, and Admins are the only usergroup that can temp ban.
No, the regular members can not ban someone, it is someone whobis now staff or in default trust in depth 1 or 2.
Do you think it would be helpfull?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
mattjack

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

Matt or Jack? Why not both!

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:05:44 PM

There is default trust for this, they mark the scammers and give them negative trust and they user get red warning under his username this is enough for others to understand that this user can't be trusted
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:30:54 PM

There is default trust for this, they mark the scammers and give them negative trust and they user get red warning under his username this is enough for others to understand that this user can't be trusted
Yes, but the scammer can easily create a new forum account and promotie another ponzi or performance another stupid scam attempt. That is why ban IP should be set.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 08:39:02 PM

Yes, but the scammer can easily create a new forum account and promotie another ponzi or performance another stupid scam attempt. That is why ban IP should be set.

I think you missed to core point against your suggestion. Scams cannot be moderated to prevent abuse of power. It's a core forum guideline.
If you can't give someone the privileges, the rank is useless.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 08:52:07 PM

And what about innocent people who are red marked?
Do you think the forum will be better with red marked innocents?

unholycactus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 08:58:50 PM

Anyone with common sense don't see a big difference between someone who's red and someone who's neutral.
Anyone with common sense should always use an escrow service even when trading with the most reputable member.
To me it doesn't really matter. People can interpret why feedback was left and validate it themselves.
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:03:05 PM

Anyone with common sense don't see a big difference between someone who's red and someone who's neutral.
Anyone with common sense should always use an escrow service even when trading with the most reputable member.
To me it doesn't really matter. People can interpret why feedback was left and validate it themselves.
U think that people with coommon sense use ESCROW, but why I still see many scam accusations, because they think they deal with trusted people so don't use ESCROW.

Always use ESCROW

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
unholycactus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 09:15:48 PM

U think that people with coommon sense use ESCROW, but why I still see many scam accusations, because they think they deal with trusted people so don't use ESCROW.

Always use ESCROW

Unfortunately a lot of people lack common sense but I don't feel sorry for them.
I really hate the idea of wasting time/resources to protect people who could just better themselves.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 02:24:58 AM

Hi forum,

Hey, stupid question here but why can global mods perma ban but not temp ban?
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 01:52:23 PM

Hi forum,

I see alot of scammers and ponzi scammers on this forum. I think we need a new staff rank, scam buster.

No, we don't. Scams are already unmoderated. There's also no need for another staff rank, and giving regular members this rank and the ability to start banning people is really dangerous.

It is just as a normal member, but this user can give "ban point" scammers with proof. If the scammer has 2 or more "ban points" than the scammer is getting IP banned.

That's a bad idea. Way too abusable, even if scams were moderated. And what if the community temporarily thinks someone is a scammer?

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
FruitsBasket (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 03:21:01 PM

Hi forum,

I see alot of scammers and ponzi scammers on this forum. I think we need a new staff rank, scam buster.

No, we don't. Scams are already unmoderated. There's also no need for another staff rank, and giving regular members this rank and the ability to start banning people is really dangerous.

It is just as a normal member, but this user can give "ban point" scammers with proof. If the scammer has 2 or more "ban points" than the scammer is getting IP banned.

That's a bad idea. Way too abusable, even if scams were moderated. And what if the community temporarily thinks someone is a scammer?
Only people are banned if there is valid proof, i dont see that this idea is abuseable.
Can you explain to me in what way it is abuseable? If u choose persons from DT, what is wrong?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 03:26:53 PM

Hi forum,

Only people are banned if there is valid proof, i dont see that this idea is abuseable.
Can you explain to me in what way it is abuseable? If u choose persons from DT, what is wrong?

This is not possible, it will be an hard work for all the staff members and honestly they are here to moderate the forum ... not to catch the scammers Wink.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: