Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:56:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [EMUNIE] THE fastest crypto-currency  (Read 11619 times)
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 04:20:16 PM

Nice to hear from this project. I had participated in one of the earliest beta tests but then lost interest as it looked a bit like vaporware, sorry.

Being the fastest altcoin does not give you much benefit. Dogecoin is already quite fast in my opinion and there are many coins which are fast but are nowhere near adoption.

The crucial factor is not only "being fast", but being able to guarantee a secure network with no bottlenecks when transaction number is high. That means that the currency must provide enough incentive for full nodes to provide storage capacity and bandwidth.

If eMunie does manage this without too much centralization - the "partition system" is interesting - then it's a real progress for cryptocurrencies.

Fair enough, I get that development has been long, and people lost interest etc...

The purpose of the partitions is to go some way to guarantee those properties.  Ledger data/channels are allocated to partitions as per their ID, which is random, so distribution of channels around partitions should be sufficiently uniform.

The flip side of that is as you rightly state, that incentives must be high enough to encourage those with the hardware to point it at the network.  Nodes are paid for all work they do (not the lottery type deal with BTC), and the fee schedules for various actions in the network top that up further, so this shouldn't be an issue.

There is zero centralization at all in the platform, nor will there be...this is one of the reasons development has been long.  I could have cut corners in the design with super-nodes or whatever, but I didn't want to.

bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 04:23:07 PM

Just throwing this out there..  the OP is misleading, it is not the fastest.

Other than that I love what you guys are doing.

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 04:25:13 PM

Just throwing this out there..  the OP is misleading, it is not the fastest.

Other than that I love what you guys are doing.

How fast is the fastest?  I've not seen evidence of anything significantly faster than 100 tx/s, without some form of semi/centralization.  Pure developer claims don't count.

And thanks Smiley

worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 04:28:10 PM

Hadn't heard anything about eMunie for about a year. You guys are good at keeping whatever you do out of the radar but this is really worthwhile. You effectively addressed the scalability issue just at the time the bitcoin community is throwing fits about it on a daily basis.
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 04:32:26 PM

Hadn't heard anything about eMunie for about a year. You guys are good at keeping whatever you do out of the radar but this is really worthwhile. You effectively addressed the scalability issue just at the time the bitcoin community is throwing fits about it on a daily basis.

Thanks.  As said in the thread somewhere, it was all getting too noisy and distracting so under the radar to crack on until we had something tangible.

In the past month we've hit 2 of our initial goals, VISA+ scale processing capability, and native debit cards that hook right into the eMunie network at the POS terminal without having to piggyback.

There is more to come in the next month that is being wrapped up now, so we wont be under the radar quite so much now Smiley

skywave

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 04:34:15 PM

It takes time to build a high quality product.
Quality that can live up to a heavy transaction flow, and future users.

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
Nicetryniceguy

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 04:34:32 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 04:47:12 PM by Nicetryniceguy

Mintcoin is currently able to support 1600 per second, fully decentralized. I'm not sure what else is faster than that at this point.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 04:47:53 PM

However, I'm yet to see any evidence of any crypto-platform achieving a few 100 outside of "perfect lab conditions", let alone a few thousand.

Challenge accepted.
okiefromokc

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 04:49:58 PM

Mintcoin is currently able to support 1600 per second, fully decentralized. I'm not sure what else is faster than that at this point.
Is there a video of the Mintcoin client doing the 1600/sec speed?
Link please so I can watch it... Thanks
bitsire

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 04:54:05 PM

Mintcoin is currently able to support over 150 per second, fully decentralized. I'm not sure what else is faster than that at this point.

The first post clearly states Visa scale processing is 2000 tx/s. eMunie just hit 2400 tx/s. Not sure why people are boasting about Vanillacoin and Mintcoin's processing speeds which are a mere fraction of what eMunie is capable of.

Vanillacoin, Mintcoin, [Insert Name Here Coin] are just copy and pastes of Bitcoin where some "developer" did a search and replace on the code, changed a couple of parameters, changed "Bit" to some food or animal based name and replaced the Bitcoin logo with a GIF they found on Google Images. To think that one of these clown coins is going to be used in mainstream, Visa level financial processing is beyond ridiculous.
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 04:57:24 PM

However, I'm yet to see any evidence of any crypto-platform achieving a few 100 outside of "perfect lab conditions", let alone a few thousand.

Challenge accepted.

You're probably the one and only developer I wouldn't mind proving me wrong Smiley

If you can show me proof of an existing crypto processing 250 tx/s sustained, I'll be mildly impressed.   If it can be done on 20 or less nodes, I'll be suitably impressed.  If you can show the same doing 500 tx/s+ I'll be very impressed.

Likewise if you can show peaks of 500, 1000 & 2000+ the corresponding impressed level as described above will be in effect Smiley

traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 04:59:37 PM

Mintcoin is currently able to support over 150 per second, fully decentralized. I'm not sure what else is faster than that at this point.

The first post clearly states Visa scale processing is 2000 tx/s. eMunie just hit 2400 tx/s. Not sure why people are boasting about Vanillacoin and Mintcoin's processing speeds which are a mere fraction of what eMunie is capable of.

Vanillacoin, Mintcoin, [Insert Name Here Coin] are just copy and pastes of Bitcoin where some "developer" did a search and replace on the code, changed a couple of parameters, changed "Bit" to some food or animal based name and replaced the Bitcoin logo with a GIF they found on Google Images. To think that one of these clown coins is going to be used in mainstream, Visa level financial processing is beyond ridiculous.

You wouldn't state that if you actually researched the source and wouldn't be the average user with sheep mentality here Wink

Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 05:00:40 PM

Some critical points seem to be getting missed by proponents of other cryptos.

1) This was a network of 12 (yes twelve) nodes
2) This was a single partition

Across all partitions (1024), a tentative figure for very high load that the network should be capable of easily processing collectively is around 100k+ tx/s and beyond.

Perhaps I'll post another video when we have enough testers online to actually produce the quantity of transactions needed to surpass 10k+ tx/s Smiley

Nicetryniceguy

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 05:07:28 PM

I mis-typed. I mean't to say mintcoin's capacity is at 1600 per second. 
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 05:09:47 PM

Where can I see evidence of this?  Is there a block explorer that shows it happening?

Nicetryniceguy

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 05:15:27 PM

Where can I see evidence of this?  Is there a block explorer that shows it happening?
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mint/

Well it is not currently happening right now this moment, I am just saying what it is supposed to be able to do. I don't know how to test it or I would.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 05:40:35 PM

You're probably the one and only developer I wouldn't mind proving me wrong Smiley

If you can show me proof of an existing crypto processing 250 tx/s sustained, I'll be mildly impressed.   If it can be done on 20 or less nodes, I'll be suitably impressed.  If you can show the same doing 500 tx/s+ I'll be very impressed.

Likewise if you can show peaks of 500, 1000 & 2000+ the corresponding impressed level as described above will be in effect Smiley

What are requirements for bandwidth, RAM and CPU of a node?

PS: I'm using a hash-based signing algorithm, it's much faster than elliptic curve stuff (even faster than Ed25519), so I may have some advantage right from the start.
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 08:50:30 PM

What are requirements for bandwidth, RAM and CPU of a node?

PS: I'm using a hash-based signing algorithm, it's much faster than elliptic curve stuff (even faster than Ed25519), so I may have some advantage right from the start.

The lowest spec node I ran in that test was an Asus i3-3217 laptop, 32bit OS, 256MB of heap allocated to Java and the DB running on its 5400 rpm platter drive.  Its a really crappy machine, the CPU is Quad Core, but it barely manages 2000 passmark points and the HD...well....pen and paper would be faster I swear.  It *just* about kept up acting as a ledger node, so I guess that or lower is your target Wink

Not sure if anyone in the network was running lower grade hardware than that.

Hmmm...Ive found that the major bottlenecks on lower end stuff is actually the IO DB writes/reads and not so much crypto related stuff.  Sure it has a positive effect if you can speed it up, but a good 70%+ of optimizing I do is how to get data over the IO quicker and more efficiently.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:59:24 PM

Hmmm...Ive found that the major bottlenecks on lower end stuff is actually the IO DB writes/reads and not so much crypto related stuff.  Sure it has a positive effect if you can speed it up, but a good 70%+ of optimizing I do is how to get data over the IO quicker and more efficiently.

What DB system do you use? MySQL? I use http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/nio/MappedByteBuffer.html.
I have just recalled that Emunie does much more than just payments, in this case we cannot compare our solutions, because our cryptocurrency works with payments only and doesn't need to do sophisticated stuff like order matching.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:05:32 PM

That was like word for word what Bytemaster said in this youtube video heh:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBlAVeVFWFM

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░