Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:33:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinTalk's biggest issue...  (Read 1038 times)
dree12 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 12:38:05 AM

...is posts like these.

European Union is run by homosexuals. They are installing electric heating in new government buildings here that consume about 2KW per hour per apartment. In comparison HD6990 consumes only 1/6 of that under load. And they also banned 100W light bulbs.

While the moderators are busy censoring opinions they don't support, arbitrarily applying scammer tags, and spreading FUD with their powers, these posts are let be. And this one isn't even the worst one: constantly, sexism, homophobia, racism, and other blatantly indecent posts flood these forums like rabbits. While BitcoinTalk has certainly been fun, it has now been corrupted time and again. Unless the balance of power is restored, it will eventually pass the point of no return, the point at which the forum would have degraded to be lower than 4chan and the likes.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 12:43:59 AM

Dude, chill out. MysterMiner is just our token neo-nazi. Please treat reading his posts as a form of inoculation: small doses of weakened bacteria help strenghten out your immune system.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 12:54:10 AM

dree12, I think you are just being a prude. If you are seriously hurt by one's choice of vocabulary on a internet forum, I don't know how you function in the outside world.
hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 01:30:54 AM

i like this forum because it's so free speech.

if you are homosexual and can't take a rant, please leave.

homosexuals expect maximum tolerance everywhere, but are very intolerant themselves.

respect if someone doesn't like to use exits as entrances.
BlackHeartFund

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 05:10:20 AM

Yeah I am more in favour of ignoring and shaming bigots, rather than banning them, unless they are attacking or harassing someone personally.

This place is not that bad. Have you ever followed a link on the drudge report or other large right wing news aggregators, and then read the comments? lol that is a hobby of mine. It is like a KKK convention in those comment threads every time.
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 05:22:57 AM

Yeah I am more in favour of ignoring and shaming bigots, rather than banning them, unless they are attacking or harassing someone personally.

This place is not that bad. Have you ever followed a link on the drudge report or other large right wing news aggregators, and then read the comments? lol that is a hobby of mine. It is like a KKK convention in those comment threads every time.

+1.  It really is best to let them embarrass themselves.  I'd rather not read their hate filled ignorant comments, but that is the price you pay sometimes for being in an open forum such as this one.  Sometimes the scum trickles in.  Luckily, I've never seen a blatant post like the one you quoted, but I stay away from the off-topic stuff except for the fun threads I guess. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
Blind

Activity: 235

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 03:37:10 PM

respect if someone doesn't like to use exits as entrances.

Textbook example of thinking outside the box.

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 03:41:55 PM

Do you have a better forum?
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 04:05:20 PM

Yeah, well, they really did ban light bulbs and not just 100w ones.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 04:07:51 PM

This forum is above average for the most part. After I started using the "ignore" function, it's got even better.  Ignore those you find offensive, or - perhaps more importantly - consistently useless.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
twolifeinexile

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 07:31:37 PM

Free speech is free speech for all, otherwise it is not speech,
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:54:26 PM

God damn homosexuals and their 2kw heating systems!

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: