Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:47:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally photos of real BFL Single SC and Jalapeno ASICs  (Read 11200 times)
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2012, 04:15:26 AM

> We're going to sell Uber devices capable of XXX exahashes per milisecond...
- These claims are not real, I'm not going to believe until I see the exact specification.
> Here it is, out device for poor wanna be miners will be powered by double USB 2
- These cannot be real. They don't even have the prototype, how could they know?
> Here are some nice renders we have. Take a look...
- The renders are fake, anyone can draw a cute pictures and put them on the internet... I'm not going to believe until I see real photos!
> Well, here are photos of our products...
- No, the pictures are shopped. I'm not going to believe until I see your device hashing on the video!

inb4: The video is fake! Hashrate is generated by massive GPU farm in top secret military base, and visitors in BFL facility were murdered and only their clones with altered memory were released...

.. am I the only one who see something like this while reading any of the BFL threads?
And sorry for off topic, I could not take it anymore.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
scrybe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 06:09:07 AM

.. am I the only one who see something like this while reading any of the BFL threads?

yep, looks like you have a nasty case of Troll-bite there. Hold on and I'll suck out the worst of the poison, but you will have complete the healing process yourself...

FACT: Several other manufacturers and BFL have been producing mining equipment starting last year and early this year.
FACT: BFL had significant delays, and a 4x difference in projected and actual power utilization, even after shipping started it remained slow for some time.
FACT: BFL started taking preorders back in July, some folks have been waiting on them since then, impatiently
FACT: BFL stated initially that they would be shipping October, and at some point updated that to October/November.
FACT: BFL updated their unit to be more competetive, and has blamed some of their challenges on this
FACT: BFL has not yet made any statements that shipping would not begin before the end of November. They have told BitCoin Magazine that they would be shipping late in November, but they have never said they would start in December.
FACT: BFL has stated an intention to ship all preorders through September "by the end of the year" (IIRC, not sure about when they made the statement, thought it was early October)
FACT: BFL has invested in (new/upgraded) board level fabrication and assembly tools for use in batches after the first one
FACT: BFL has Millions of dollars in preorders, outside investors watching them, and huge community pressure to deliver on time and in spec

Supposition: BFL is very motivated to succeed, are not likely to take off with the money, and will in fact deliver a product, within their October/November timeframe, or tell us that they are missing it. Until we hear that they are shipping or delayed we get to wait.

Some folks are not so good at waiting, so if you notice someone saying in the 35th thread that BFL is a scam and are stealing all the money, just hit the little link under their name that says "ignore" and get on with it. If something bad enough to really get concerned about happens, you will see reputable posters talking about it quickly enough.

(If anyone sees errors above or has updated information, please let me know and I'll update the post.)

"...as simple as possible, but no simpler" -AE
BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 07:09:22 AM

yep, looks like you have a nasty case of Troll-bite there. Hold on and I'll suck out the worst of the poison, but you will have complete the healing process yourself...

FACT: Several other manufacturers and BFL have been producing mining equipment starting last year and early this year.
FACT: BFL had significant delays, and a 4x difference in projected and actual power utilization, even after shipping started it remained slow for some time.
FACT: BFL started taking preorders back in July, some folks have been waiting on them since then, impatiently
FACT: BFL stated initially that they would be shipping October, and at some point updated that to October/November.
FACT: BFL updated their unit to be more competetive, and has blamed some of their challenges on this
FACT: BFL has not yet made any statements that shipping would not begin before the end of November. They have told BitCoin Magazine that they would be shipping late in November, but they have never said they would start in December.
FACT: BFL has stated an intention to ship all preorders through September "by the end of the year" (IIRC, not sure about when they made the statement, thought it was early October)
FACT: BFL has invested in (new/upgraded) board level fabrication and assembly tools for use in batches after the first one
FACT: BFL has Millions of dollars in preorders, outside investors watching them, and huge community pressure to deliver on time and in spec

Supposition: BFL is very motivated to succeed, are not likely to take off with the money, and will in fact deliver a product, within their October/November timeframe, or tell us that they are missing it. Until we hear that they are shipping or delayed we get to wait.

Some folks are not so good at waiting, so if you notice someone saying in the 35th thread that BFL is a scam and are stealing all the money, just hit the little link under their name that says "ignore" and get on with it. If something bad enough to really get concerned about happens, you will see reputable posters talking about it quickly enough.

(If anyone sees errors above or has updated information, please let me know and I'll update the post.)

+1

more or less retired.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 08:29:47 AM

+1

+2  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
VeeMiner

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 09:34:12 AM

+1

+2  Cool

+3, totally agree
Zeek_W

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 09:41:58 AM

I was told january before I canceled my order

securo

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 09:47:47 AM

+1

+2  Cool

+3, totally agree

+4. Cool facts. Thanks.

My tipping jar; 197hyQxciZ9r7qj5CBsMvtNpqsRyM5NxuC
scrybe

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 01:26:07 PM

I was told january before I canceled my order

When did you place yours, what order number?

BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 02:18:14 PM

+1

+2  Cool

+3, totally agree

+4. Cool facts. Thanks.

+5, Fantastically stated.

BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 02:55:03 PM

Fact BFL posted these fake pictures of a product they have not made yet.

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 03:12:00 PM

Pictures seemed genuine to me. They never claimed they made the product, they are still making it. I haven't ordered from them mostly because I don't want to do business with people like Sonny (a scammer who still defends his own scams), Nasser (who is defending and justifying Sonny's past scams in a rather pathetic mannner), and Josh (who is disrespectful and derails threads). Still, I don't understand why you are so negative and make misleading statements about these pictures.
 They have delivered before, they are trying to deliver again. They don't seem to give shit about Bitcoin and the community, and they will try to suck most money out of suckers while delivering the minimum, but they will deliver.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
scrybe

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 03:18:33 PM

Fact: Facts are true
Fact: BFL has posted pictures of what are assumed to be non-working engineering samples by some members of the forum.

Supposition: Maybe they made some with a generic package (with no ASIC inside), so they could make sure the case, heatsink and everything else works before ordering 10,000 of everything.

BitcoinINV

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 03:38:52 PM

I know some people will still say it's still a scam but it's another step closer to the dream. Cheesy

Single SC Prototype

Jalapeno Prototype

Source: http://bitcoinmagazine.net/butterfly-labs-releases-more-asic-photos/

Cause Inaba said there is no prototype lol.... So that means these are fakes

scrybe

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 04:01:15 PM

No, that just means that they don't have a prototype of this board running, it does not mean they are "fakes"

A fake is something intended to fool. An engineering sample is a more likely possibility.

There are lots more things in this world than black/white, it is a logical fallacy to state that just because something fails the test for "A" it has to be "B", it could in fact be "C", "D" "3.14159", "Taco", or any other possible option. In this case we have far more than 2 (but less than infinite) possibilities.

Quit trolling, you have interesting things to say sometimes so I would hate to have to ignore you.

BitcoinINV

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 04:12:37 PM

Ill just agree to disagree how does that sound

enmaku

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 04:22:12 PM

It sounds like the last ditch effort of someone who is losing an argument to end it before they're pwned by logic.
BitcoinINV

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 04:39:37 PM

No just am not going to waste time on something, I can not change peoples minds about, some people do not understand this concept which is acceptable. But they tend to be the ones who make snide stupid comments and try to belittle people for there lack of agreement on the subject. There once was a time when people could disagree about things and leave it at that, but we have become cavemanish about this, and you Sir make the perfect example of why.

pyromaniac

Activity: 639

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 04:49:45 PM

No, that just means that they don't have a prototype of this board running, it does not mean they are "fakes"

There pictures don't prove absolutely anything. BFL is like a God: you can believe it or not, but you'll never know the truth before you die.  Grin

Frequency

Activity: 540

COINDER

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2012, 05:26:38 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

+1

SCAM could also be explained as at the time they WILL deliver they are worthless pieces of gear because they will deliver/generate the same amount of BTC as an GPU of 800mhase does right now an you will be behind in the game again like ur right now, thats a scam to only plus is the securety of the network but if u say u are in for that u ar an liar.

show both devices in one foto makes sure it taken at the same timeframe now they just upgraded the jally board few days later added some parts take another shoot and he there is the SC board,, yeah right...grow a dick and mine on... Grin

COINDER
COINDER
scrybe

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 05:33:57 PM

I'll agree that you disagree to discuss the issue and make an actual case. Honestly we have not reached a principal disagreement yet, except perhaps on your willingness use of words in a misleading way. Already one troll has picked up your post and is grafting a new turd onto it as I formulate this reply.

I would prefer you attempt to convince us that these are fakes rather than engineering samples or any other potentially legitamate use, rather than just running around hollering about the fake ASIC gear without backing it up.

To date I have heard nothing except wild guesses and illogical arguments that proves that BFL is faking anything for malicious purposes.

If it is not malicious, why do you feel the need to use language that is 99% likely to be taken as Trolling? If you have honest concerns, air them, and we can find some points to disagree on. If you don't care enough about your pet theory to put it to the test then I only care as much as I see it as FUD-slinging, which is what I read.

We may well have fundamental disagreements on the role of government, or the power of markets, likelihood of getting caught, or a number of other influences on the actual scenario. Without at least drilling down 1-2 levels to understand the reason you formed your opinion, all I can do is put it in my existing framework and get the same result. I didn't believe in Hawking Radiation because it's named after Stephen Hawking, believe in it because others have tried to find errors in it and either failed, or improved the theoretical understanding of Black Holes. One thing science proves is that you get a lot more done trying to prove other people wrong than when you just agree to disagree.

I'm willing to be proven wrong, because I've learned a lot more in the past when I was wrong, but I've had an easier time of things when I was right. Both are good states, as long as my average doesn't slip too badly Wink

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: