Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:55:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally photos of real BFL Single SC and Jalapeno ASICs  (Read 11194 times)
scrybe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 05:38:43 PM

show both devices in one foto makes sure it taken at the same timeframe now they just upgraded the jally board few days later added some parts take another shoot and he there is the SC board,, yeah right...grow a dick and mine on... Grin

Thanks troll, we really needed another insane theory...

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showthread.php/190-More-board-pics

"...as simple as possible, but no simpler" -AE
BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
scrybe

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 05:40:38 PM

No just am not going to waste time on something, I can not change peoples minds about, some people do not understand this concept which is acceptable. But they tend to be the ones who make snide stupid comments and try to belittle people for there lack of agreement on the subject. There once was a time when people could disagree about things and leave it at that, but we have become cavemanish about this, and you Sir make the perfect example of why.

Bonus point, highlight the irony in this quoted post.

BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb
bitboyben

Activity: 330

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 05:30:46 AM

Clearly, judging by the shadows, these photos were taken on the moon...

Why did I sell at $5! Come back to me my old bitcoin! 1GjeBGS4KrxKAeEVt8d1fTnuKgpKpMmL6S
If you don't like the price of BTC come back in 8 hours.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 12:01:14 PM

So that's why they are not running these things. They would melt all the cheese.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 01:06:42 PM

.. am I the only one who see something like this while reading any of the BFL threads?
And sorry for off topic, I could not take it anymore.

yep, looks like you have a nasty case of Troll-bite there. Hold on and I'll suck out the worst of the poison, but you will have complete the healing process yourself...

FACT: Several other manufacturers and BFL have been producing mining equipment starting last year and early this year.
FACT: BFL had significant delays, and a 4x difference in projected and actual power utilization, even after shipping started it remained slow for some time.
FACT: BFL started taking preorders back in July, some folks have been waiting on them since then, impatiently
FACT: BFL stated initially that they would be shipping October, and at some point updated that to October/November.
FACT: BFL updated their unit to be more competetive, and has blamed some of their challenges on this
FACT: BFL has not yet made any statements that shipping would not begin before the end of November. They have told BitCoin Magazine that they would be shipping late in November, but they have never said they would start in December.
FACT: BFL has stated an intention to ship all preorders through September "by the end of the year" (IIRC, not sure about when they made the statement, thought it was early October)
FACT: BFL has invested in (new/upgraded) board level fabrication and assembly tools for use in batches after the first one
FACT: BFL has Millions of dollars in preorders, outside investors watching them, and huge community pressure to deliver on time and in spec

Supposition: BFL is very motivated to succeed, are not likely to take off with the money, and will in fact deliver a product, within their October/November timeframe, or tell us that they are missing it. Until we hear that they are shipping or delayed we get to wait.

Some folks are not so good at waiting, so if you notice someone saying in the 35th thread that BFL is a scam and are stealing all the money, just hit the little link under their name that says "ignore" and get on with it. If something bad enough to really get concerned about happens, you will see reputable posters talking about it quickly enough.

(If anyone sees errors above or has updated information, please let me know and I'll update the post.)

Fact BFL posted these fake pictures of a product they have not made yet.

Just wanted to add that Josh was saying at Bitcoin2012 in London on  15-16 September, that all preorders before this date BFL really wants to 100% have these shipped b4 the end of the year... (as a christmas present his actual words i believe)... so i'm just sitting back and waiting patiently until i get a package in the mail... it will come when it comes....

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
Frequency

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

COINDER

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 03:39:52 PM

.. am I the only one who see something like this while reading any of the BFL threads?
And sorry for off topic, I could not take it anymore.

yep, looks like you have a nasty case of Troll-bite there. Hold on and I'll suck out the worst of the poison, but you will have complete the healing process yourself...

FACT: Several other manufacturers and BFL have been producing mining equipment starting last year and early this year.
FACT: BFL had significant delays, and a 4x difference in projected and actual power utilization, even after shipping started it remained slow for some time.
FACT: BFL started taking preorders back in July, some folks have been waiting on them since then, impatiently
FACT: BFL stated initially that they would be shipping October, and at some point updated that to October/November.
FACT: BFL updated their unit to be more competetive, and has blamed some of their challenges on this
FACT: BFL has not yet made any statements that shipping would not begin before the end of November. They have told BitCoin Magazine that they would be shipping late in November, but they have never said they would start in December.
FACT: BFL has stated an intention to ship all preorders through September "by the end of the year" (IIRC, not sure about when they made the statement, thought it was early October)
FACT: BFL has invested in (new/upgraded) board level fabrication and assembly tools for use in batches after the first one
FACT: BFL has Millions of dollars in preorders, outside investors watching them, and huge community pressure to deliver on time and in spec

Supposition: BFL is very motivated to succeed, are not likely to take off with the money, and will in fact deliver a product, within their October/November timeframe, or tell us that they are missing it. Until we hear that they are shipping or delayed we get to wait.

Some folks are not so good at waiting, so if you notice someone saying in the 35th thread that BFL is a scam and are stealing all the money, just hit the little link under their name that says "ignore" and get on with it. If something bad enough to really get concerned about happens, you will see reputable posters talking about it quickly enough.

(If anyone sees errors above or has updated information, please let me know and I'll update the post.)

Fact BFL posted these fake pictures of a product they have not made yet.

Just wanted to add that Josh was saying at Bitcoin2012 in London on  15-16 September, that all preorders before this date BFL really wants to 100% have these shipped b4 the end of the year... (as a christmas present his actual words i believe)... so i'm just sitting back and waiting patiently until i get a package in the mail... it will come when it comes....

FACT: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showthread.php/251-More-Jalapeno-Pictures-amp-Shipping-Update

COINDER
COINDER
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 06:44:39 PM

But will it still heat my coffee

hi
ryann

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 06:46:27 PM

llolol
Merrick

Activity: 113

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 06:47:18 PM

The new flat surface is best used for making grilled cheese instead of warming coffee.
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 08:12:58 PM

No, that just means that they don't have a prototype of this board running, it does not mean they are "fakes"

A fake is something intended to fool. An engineering sample is a more likely possibility.
Engineering samples are by definition an actual, mostly-working version of the chip, possibly with various issues and really poor yields, but functional enough to test with. BFL have said they don't have any chips like that yet, so these pretty much have to be fakes (though I believe the more polite term is "mock-up").

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 10:38:17 PM

No, that just means that they don't have a prototype of this board running, it does not mean they are "fakes"

A fake is something intended to fool. An engineering sample is a more likely possibility.
Engineering samples are by definition an actual, mostly-working version of the chip, possibly with various issues and really poor yields, but functional enough to test with. BFL have said they don't have any chips like that yet, so these pretty much have to be fakes (though I believe the more polite term is "mock-up").
There is more to an ASIC miner than ASIC chip. The mock-ups may fool the fools, but BFL should be able to learn a lot by assembling them. It shows that they are working on it. This doesn't change my dislike for people who run BFL, but let's not go over the board with unwarranted accusations.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
scrybe

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 12:04:59 AM

FACT: Late on 10/29/2012 BFL updated their shipping outlook to the very end of November, most likely the first week of December for first shipments. (added 10/30/2012)
          (https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showthread.php/251-More-Jalapeno-Pictures-amp-Shipping-Update)
FACT: BFL updated their unit to be more competitive, and has blamed some of their challenges on this
FACT: BFL is has experienced some sourcing issues on the heat sinks for the SC Singles, but the issues are believed resolved (added 10/30/2012)
FACT: BFL expects the final revision of the ASIC chips in hand in about 25 days (est. 11/26/2012) (added 10/30/2012)
FACT: BFL has stated they will perform assembly and ship about a week after once the chips come in (this implies that they are doing final assembly of chips to boards in-house, but does not confirm it) (added 10/30/2012)
FACT: BFL is having sourcing issues for the VFD displays for the minirigs which requires changes to display and case, but have stated that it will not "affect the timeline in any material fashion" and Josh seems oddly smug about something... (added 10/30/2012)
FACT: BFL has not yet made any statements that shipping would not begin before the end of November. They have told BitCoin Magazine that they would be shipping late in November, but they have never said they would start in December. (outdated on 10/30/2012)
FACT: BFL has stated an intention to ship all pre-orders through September "by the end of the year" (IIRC, not sure about when they made the statement, thought it was early October)

I've updated the fact-list above, please let me know if you have factual disputes with any of the fact items, or want to expound on the suppositions.
This list was originally created as troll repellent, feel free to put it to good use, just be careful to label your facts and suppositions accordingly.

Partial Confirmation: BFL_Josh has made an official statement on shipping expectations, delaying the ship date, but they did communicate it in advance and not just let it slip. Several additional details revealed.

Supposition:BFL is still very motivated to succeed, are not likely to take off with the money, and will in fact deliver a product, within their early December timeframe, or tell us that (within 2 weeks) that they are missing it. Until we hear that they are shipping or delayed we get to wait.

Some additional things that are semi-confirmed:
Supposition: BFL is using the smallest process of any Bitcoin ASIC manufacturer this generation, many are pegging 65nm as the likely process node.
Supposition: BFL Believes that they will still be selling a competitive product well into next year

On a lighter note:

The new flat surface is best used for making grilled cheese instead of warming coffee.

Pop Tarts!

Merrick

Activity: 113

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 01:06:05 AM

On a lighter note:

Pop Tarts!

I like it.
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 03:39:37 AM

Very telling:
We expect the final chip versions to be in our hands in ~25 days, with final assembly and shipping to begin a few days after that.
So, that's the 22nd of November based on when this was posted, and that's assuming no further delays, and that all the other parts turn up in time, and that's just when they can begin assembling boards.

Yeah, I don't know why BFL are even pretending they'll ship in November...
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 03:42:40 AM

On a lighter note:

Pop Tarts!

I like it.

Aww,no TOASTER STRUDEL  Huh Sad

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Frequency

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

COINDER

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 09:01:38 AM

Very telling:
We expect the final chip versions to be in our hands in ~25 days, with final assembly and shipping to begin a few days after that.
So, that's the 22nd of November based on when this was posted, and that's assuming no further delays, and that all the other parts turn up in time, and that's just when they can begin assembling boards.

Yeah, I don't know why BFL are even pretending they'll ship in November...

November 2012 no real ASICs working proof out there ..so it,s very hard to speculate who will ship first..IF ever shiped

IF they were for real they would invest, make the product shelfready, put them in stock en sell them after testing knowing they will beable of doing 24/7 without breaking...

To me it feels all ASIC makers:

Taking advantage of gained trust, fpga products
Taking advantage of greedyness of ..i MUST be an early adopter and must make quick money
Taking advantage of naief people counting them selfs TO rich..we now now ROI will be same as GPU
They are very precise with respect to prepayments but very vague about all the rest,
They keep giving some info, news, pictures etc NO real stuff
Try to looking good by doing free device contests, charities support, bets ect. they all do this why ?? all things scammers would do to make them look good just to keep pleasing the customer

Oktober not even an working compleet device out there, only vague stuff..promisses BROKEN
November   will be updated soon
December   will be updated soon
Januari       "     "    "   

@ the end of November and no ASIC out there it is time for me to continue to heavely invest more into my GPU farm again.

COINDER
COINDER
scrybe

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 09:19:32 AM

Aww,no TOASTER STRUDEL  Huh Sad

Hey, if you want to be accused of having a greasy jalapeno, go for it.

Sounds a bit too nasty for my taste though.

bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 01:39:10 PM

November 2012 no real ASICs working proof out there ..so it,s very hard to speculate who will ship first..IF ever shiped

I think they WILL be shipped. It's not like the ASICs are some unicorns that need to be hunted in the magical forest. In the end, those boards will be assembled and packed and shipped.

Due to the fact that time is of the essence, BFL, BTCFPGA (hey, you should rename yourself BTCASIC or bASIC), Avalon and the rest, need to walk a fine line between providing dates with enough buffer to accommodate for unexpected delays and dates with no such buffer. I guess who has the smoothest/reliable suppliers chain will ship first ...

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 04:20:14 AM

Oh my.

I can't quite believe they are ordering up 20,000 chips, and counting on them to all work right, without having first received such an engineering sample, to verify that it works, and to have the opportunity to make any changes before producing them in large numbers.

If they are, well, best of luck gentlemen.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
scrybe

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 04:58:52 AM

Oh my.

I can't quite believe they are ordering up 20,000 chips, and counting on them to all work right, without having first received such an engineering sample, to verify that it works, and to have the opportunity to make any changes before producing them in large numbers.

If they are, well, best of luck gentlemen.

You make a lot of assumptions in that sentence.

If you recall the announcement, Josh specifically mentioned the "final chip versions," so I'm going to stand well back because you are going off half-cocked, and that is dangerous to your fellow Musketeers.
(realizing some of our international friends might think this colloquialism is a porn reference, here is some background: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-cock)

It would appear from the wording that there has been at least one other batch or test ASIC. FYI, I've not looked him up yet, but the guy they have doing the ASIC design is supposed to be pretty hot stuff.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: