Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:41:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy setup and use Coinjoin or Darkwallet  (Read 2194 times)
Furio (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 06:30:16 AM

Fellow Bitcoiners,

Ever since the announcement of coinjoin and darkwallet I was very interested into further anomynizing my bicoin use.

Yet every tutorial since this day has failed for me personally. I'm not that tech savy, the greatest accomplishment for me was getting my bitfury's to work, that took me over a week Smiley

Once in a while I check google, bitcointalk and more to see if there's has been released a version of coinjoin or darkwallet which any user just can use. Just install, deposit funds and start mixing.

The reason why it has also failed is that I dont trust myself enough to just try it with a large sum, I'm no whale sadly Smiley

Can anyone point me in the direction of an easy to use, fullproof way of using coinjoin or darkwallet.

Any help would be much appreciated!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:22:21 AM

I already made a topic about Darkwallet to revive the project and so the bitcoin community start funding it but that didn't really work so it seems like Darkwallet project is dead and there is no one who is working , and as you can see here , funding is still at 75% an dit being months it has been that way : https://www.darkwallet.is/donate/

and According to their website (check the bold part mostly)  :

Remember: this is only a alpha preview. Do not expect stable software yet. Right now it is only available for Chrome/Chromium browsers.

IMPORTANT The wallet is Not Stable or Safe, and at this point you should use it with real money only at Your Own Risk.

You can use it with testnet coins so it's safe to test like that though. Choose testnet network when creating the identity.

Now for what comes to CoinJoin and according to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CoinJoin :

here are several implementation of anonymous bitcoin transactions inspired by CoinJoin: SharedCoins,[2] Dark Wallet,[3] CoinShuffle,[4] DarkSend in Darkcoin and JoinMarket.[5]

So for SharedCoin : https://sharedcoin.com/   (It's related to Blockchain.info as far as I know , so you can just go to your Blockchain wallet and go to Sending tab , you should find something there)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Furio (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:10:56 AM

I already made a topic about Darkwallet to revive the project and so the bitcoin community start funding it but that didn't really work so it seems like Darkwallet project is dead and there is no one who is working , and as you can see here , funding is still at 75% an dit being months it has been that way : https://www.darkwallet.is/donate/

and According to their website (check the bold part mostly)  :

Remember: this is only a alpha preview. Do not expect stable software yet. Right now it is only available for Chrome/Chromium browsers.

IMPORTANT The wallet is Not Stable or Safe, and at this point you should use it with real money only at Your Own Risk.

You can use it with testnet coins so it's safe to test like that though. Choose testnet network when creating the identity.

Now for what comes to CoinJoin and according to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CoinJoin :

here are several implementation of anonymous bitcoin transactions inspired by CoinJoin: SharedCoins,[2] Dark Wallet,[3] CoinShuffle,[4] DarkSend in Darkcoin and JoinMarket.[5]

So for SharedCoin : https://sharedcoin.com/   (It's related to Blockchain.info as far as I know , so you can just go to your Blockchain wallet and go to Sending tab , you should find something there)

Thank you for these options. Really looking for a service such as coinjoin or darkwallet, only without all the tech knowhow, just ninstall and run Smiley

I really like the sharedcoin application, only it talks about trustless, yet wants me to open a account on blockchainwallet!? So I have to trust Blockchain... If they go belly up or decide to dissapear, bye bye Smiley

Since we're talking about substantial amounts, around 7 to 12 btc, I wont be taking that gamble Smiley

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:22:02 AM

Blockchain.info don't have your private keys or anything belongs to you on their database , only the wallet files however they are useless without the password that only you have it .
Wallets are stored in Physical servers which are with guards 24/7 so that shouldn't a problem , just make sure to print your private keys and you should be fine even if the service goes down I assume . Beside their wallet is open source so you can check it out without using it online

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Furio (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 09:38:44 PM

Blockchain.info don't have your private keys or anything belongs to you on their database , only the wallet files however they are useless without the password that only you have it .
Wallets are stored in Physical servers which are with guards 24/7 so that shouldn't a problem , just make sure to print your private keys and you should be fine even if the service goes down I assume . Beside their wallet is open source so you can check it out without using it online

Thanks for clearing that up, I was clearly misinformed, after researching was you've said Smiley

It seems I have my solution now finally, just how close does sharedcoin come to coinjoin, is it exactly the same or something different?

achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 01:53:38 AM

Another coinjoin you could look at is JoinMarket. The thread is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=919116.msg10096563 I haven't used it myself, but it seems like it may be difficult to use. However, it does use CoinJoin and supposedly works well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: