Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:48:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do if it became reversible like paypal?  (Read 5277 times)
Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:24:27 PM

Bitcoin would have some value to me, but not nearly enough. "Reversible like Paypal" would come close to destroying BTC.

Agree, and nowdays there is a lot of altcoins, so if Bitcoin become reversible like Paypal people will move to using the other popular altcoins like Litecoins and Dogecoins..So making Bitcoin reversible is just destroying it
victoryboy

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:45:27 PM

If this happens ever I would stop using Bitcoin immediately.Bitcoin is appreciated because of protection once it becomes reversible all will finish.We need Bitcoin as it is with more features are welcomed which are different than traditional ones.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 10:19:44 PM

Asking for reversibility is a kneejerk reaction to scams. One should explore solutions based on some combination of escrow and smart contracts.
RKing

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:44:22 AM

Bitcoin is not reversible, but when you use bitcoin integrated in Paypal, then it is reversible. It is a protection for some buyers.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 10:53:09 AM

Yes i will like i am using paypal right now because it have already gain huge adoption. If bitcoin can also become the same till that time when it will be reversible type than definately i and most of us will keep on using bitcoin.  Grin Grin only a hypothetical answer

smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:44:34 PM

Bitcoin is not reversible, but when you use bitcoin integrated in Paypal, then it is reversible. It is a protection for some buyers.

Yes it is a protection for the buyer but often this can be abused.
Because there are many dishonest people and want to get refund after they receive the product.
But through bitcoin is always suggested to use escrow when you make any deal.
If bitcoin become like paypal then i will use paypal directly lol.
gugo

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:05:31 PM

I will quit.
RKing

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:37:50 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 09:12:01 AM by RKing

Yes it is a protection for the buyer but often this can be abused.
Because there are many dishonest people and want to get refund after they receive the product.
But through bitcoin is always suggested to use escrow when you make any deal.
If bitcoin become like paypal then i will use paypal directly lol.

I thought Paypal act as a kind of escrow. If you buy something, the vendor did not deliver it as specified, you get your money back.
Laosai

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:48:25 AM

Would you still use and believe in bitcoin if it became reversible, say if satoshi himself managed the disputes like paypal does?
Will you quit?

I'm getting tired of the statements that it can't be done, its a hypothetical situation and I'm asking for your reaction , please bother to read the posts before you post

Well if that's the case then I would probably quit bitcoin cuz I really hate PayPal for that feature. So basically I will be starting to hate bitcoin then eventually quit Grin But just like what others said, it won't definitely won't happen Smiley

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:48:50 AM

I won't quit because my risk of my received BTC reversed are not as high as others. though I'm not 100% sure...

I thought Paypal act as a kind of escrow.

they do resembles an escrow service in some ways, albeit with very poor performance. plus paypal's actions are always biased when it comes to bitcoins.
TibanneCat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BTC > etc

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 02:02:32 PM

Asking for reversibility is a kneejerk reaction to scams. One should explore solutions based on some combination of escrow and smart contracts.

well said, there are several ways of protecting the consumer with escrows and there has even been interesting implementations of p2p 2 party escrow to avoid reliance on 3rd parties

bitcoin is decentralized so reversibility at a protocol level would be a disaster
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 02:06:24 PM

Making Bitcoin reversible is just eliminating the decentralized part of the Bitcoin itself
Im pretty sure satoshi wouldn't let that happen at any cost because the reason for him to make bitcoin in the first place is too make it decentralized and anonymous
So we don't need to worry about reversible payment because it ain't gonna happen at all
Smiley
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 02:07:04 PM

Reversibility means Bitcoin has become centralized. No thanks.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 04:45:41 PM

I don't think it's necessary. Just use a good escrow. And when dealing with businesses, if you do need a refund in a legitimate way because for example, you bought a TV and it happens to be broken, then the business is risking a legal case of a demand by not sending you the BTC back, or at least a new TV. Lack of refund is not a real problem.

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:12:40 PM

No, I won't use it.     
RKing

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:11:00 AM

Bitcoin should be no reversible, as it is. If you want certain protection, you can use a service such as Paypal.
dollarneed

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:28:53 AM

Bitcoin should be no reversible, as it is. If you want certain protection, you can use a service such as Paypal.
If you used bitcoin and want to certain protection why not to use escrow on your transaction,you can find a lot of trusted escrow on service section, i always use escrow only for the transaction which need some protection,but using paypal that would be great idea to
Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 08:34:29 PM

Yeah, I would probably quit. I am a big user of steam and if Bitcoin became reversible, many more scams would happen. I would just switch to PayPal as it is a much easier method.  Grin Grin Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: