Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:29:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New [ANN] [$XSEED] BitSeeds - Rainforest Foundation Charity - SHA256 PoW/PoS 10%  (Read 19475 times)
aRegularNobody

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:07:37 PM

r

Safe to say this project is Dead now?
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:45:11 PM

It seems so. No transparency on the problem and/or a fix to said problem. I was very excited to dedicate some hash to this coin.
peteabdo

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 10:16:50 PM

Here is the deal you are using cgminer and you will need to put in
--btc-address XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

put in the address of the coin you are mining
worth (OP)

Activity: 558

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 04:18:19 AM

Any word on the network  Huh

It seems so. No transparency on the problem and/or a fix to said problem. I was very excited to dedicate some hash to this coin.

Don't put us on the cart yet!

I apologize for being slow updating the thread. I had been hoping to be able to post details of the fix and was holding off posting until I had good news, while I should have just gone ahead and been more specific.

This is what's going on: 

We hired a dev to restore POW and he didn't review the history of commits very carefully (or at all as far as I can tell) and he implemented a fix that was not even close to what was needed. I can read code and have some knowledge in this area and when I reviewed those commits weeks ago it was clear to me that the original dev had done a relaunch back in early May and if the new guy had reviewed the code, it should've been clear that the situation the original dev left was more complicated than the fix the newer guy implemented.

Gabe and I had wanted a clean relaunch with new codebase but the guy we hired said he could get it fixed without that, and since we want a solution that guarantees you guys the least hassle to be able to keep your coins, we said go ahead.  I should have double-checked that he had actually done his due diligence and reviewed the code carefully before deciding how to proceed.

Since the point where POW was supposed to kick in, I contacted him about the problem and he swore up and down that it worked despite 3 pools and at least two solo miners showing evidence to the contrary.  I went around and around with him for days and it became clear he had never reviewed the changes in the code and had done an "easy fix" that might have worked in different circumstances. 

Gabe has been talking to him after I got to a dead end with him and he has quoted us for doing a full relaunch, but has been insisting on using X11 instead of SHA, which is not what we need for the project for a few reasons.  I think Gabe is checking again with him to see if he'll actually do it as we need it done, and in the mean time I've been talking to some other devs.

I've had one person who said much the same thing - he can do it but only if it's X11, I'm waiting to hear back from someone I contacted yesterday, and I just received a PM today from someone who heard we were looking for a new dev and he looks promising but I'm still reviewing his posts, etc. before getting back to him tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

We also have some other options we're looking at, but the bottom line is we've hit a speedbump, not the end of the road. 

This is the tradeoff - PND coins can get some cut and paste dev fairly easily, but this project is to build something legitimate that will exist and serve a real purpose for a long time, so it's much harder to find someone who is skilled AND can be relied on to do professional work.

Oh. Looks like I forgot to update the giveaway post right under the OP with the newer videos I've released. I'll update that later when I have a few minutes to add all the links together in one place.  I also have released one new video that I haven't linked to here yet.

On that topic, because of the mining issues we're pushing back the drawing for a bit so you still have time to post payment addresses in YouTube comments on the videos.  I have an email newsletter of over 25,000 people who I have been holding off emailing about the giveaway and course and I want to give them a chance to get in on the giveaway once we get the update issues taken care of, so we're going to extend it for that reason too. 

I still have a couple more video tutorials left to release - I've been spacing them out instead of doing them daily - so I'll be posting them in time. If the update adds any extra steps like having to delete your copy of the blockchain and resync, I will be recording new video to cover those steps so everyone is taken care of.

So, that's where we are right now. Hopefully that's enough transparency for you.
mastermvi

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:00:41 PM

An what 's going to be?
delong

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 01:35:13 AM

Sorry to hear about the problems with the mining, that's a bummer.  I'm glad that you are still trying to make this coin continue, though!  Have you reached out to Bittrex to try to prevent the delisting?  That would be a major blow for a coin that needs some patience...
worth (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 06:46:47 AM

Sorry to hear about the problems with the mining, that's a bummer.  I'm glad that you are still trying to make this coin continue, though!  Have you reached out to Bittrex to try to prevent the delisting?  That would be a major blow for a coin that needs some patience...

Thanks for being understanding. Not thrilled about it, but sometimes you have to work hard to make things happen. Gabe and I are not going to just give up on it.

Bittrex seems to have removed the delisting warning, probably due to the 17th when we had about 1.13 BTC of volume in one day. No idea who that was; guess someone got impatient or had some bills to pay.

Anyway, been talking to one of the two potential devs I mentioned upthread and he's poking through the code and taking a more detailed look at exactly what's going on before we get down to brass tacks.  Will update here when I've got some more info for you guys.
worth (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:14:11 AM

In discussions with a couple of potential devs for the update, and it looks like we're zeroing in one someone.

In the mean time, here is a new video tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyCbEeYDk1g

This one covers why it's important to use unique payment (receive) addresses when using BitSeeds or any crypto. 

My budget is a little tight right now but I'm trying to budget a little to buy more BitSeeds in the Bittrex market since they're threatening to delist it.  Whomever is selling there has dropped their price way down, so anyone who was looking for a good entry point might want to take the opportunity and help get a little more volume happening.
delong

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:45:51 PM

Glad to hear the news about the potential new dev, keep us posted!
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:46:14 PM

I feel like you guys could start with a fresh codebase thats proven to work and just snapshot everyones balances

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
worth (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:22:48 AM

Glad to hear the news about the potential new dev, keep us posted!

Thanks, Delong. Certainly appreciate your patience and support!

I feel like you guys could start with a fresh codebase thats proven to work and just snapshot everyones balances

That is exactly what we're planning - new codebase, and right now we're in talks with two potentials and working out the best way to let everyone keep their wallet.dat files and balances or, worst case, doing a swap. 

We're also weighing adding in a few other features Gabe and I've talked about before while we have the hood up, so to speak. 

If anyone has any good devs they can recommend, please PM me - we have two guys we're talking to, but it can't hurt to have more potential candidates.

On the Bittrex front, I bought some more yesterday, but looks like we've had a little over 1 BTC in volume today so we should be good. Gabe also got in touch with them to make sure they understood we just needed a little more time to get things moving forward smoothly. 

Will keep you guys posted!
worth (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:58:10 AM

Great news, guys. Last week Gabe spoke with Bill at Bittrex to make sure they wouldn't delist BitSeeds. It turns out the only person anyone at Bittrex had ever had any contact with was our illustrious original dev, who hadn't left a very favorable impression.

Gabe explained everything that was going on and Bill has made sure that we will stay listed on the exchange, and he talked with Julian Yap of Jumbucks who contacted me and put me in touch with Luke, one of the Jumbucks core devs.

Luke, who also has an account here on BCT as Xocel and who also goes by Iquidus, is now going to be our official dev.  He's a very experienced and hard working dev who is going to get us relaunched with POW thoroughly tested and working, and will be working with Bittrex to do a coin swap.

Luke is finishing up a project right now that will take him another week or two and then he's going to be focused on getting this project back in full swing.  We'll give you a more definite date when we're a little closer, but we're looking at early December as the relaunch date.  Luke likes to test everything thoroughly before releasing code, so we can be confident everything will work right.

The schedule for mining will be for the long term - literally about 99 years - with a very gradual decrease of the block reward, so no instamine or any similar gimmicks that are so played out in the crypto sphere these days.  Once we have that back in place we'll be able to move ahead with Coin.co our service provider who will be enabling merchants to accept BitSeeds as payment while earning charitable donation tax credits, and the Rainforest Foundation will be using press releases and their huge media reach to get the word out about BitSeeds to the world outside our small Bitcoin and altcoin market.

I'm really happy to be working with someone of Luke's caliber and very excited at what the project will be bringing in December and as we head into 2016.  
delong

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 11:03:22 PM

Great news, guys. Last week Gabe spoke with Bill at Bittrex to make sure they wouldn't delist BitSeeds. It turns out the only person anyone at Bittrex had ever had any contact with was our illustrious original dev, who hadn't left a very favorable impression.

Gabe explained everything that was going on and Bill has made sure that we will stay listed on the exchange...

Good news on this one - glad the stink of the original dev is no longer associated with XSEED in the eyes of Bittrex.  Nice work making sure that XSEED will stick around on the exchange, too - I think that's pretty important.

...and he talked with Julian Yap of Jumbucks who contacted me and put me in touch with Luke, one of the Jumbucks core devs.

Luke, who also has an account here on BCT as Xocel and who also goes by Iquidus, is now going to be our official dev.  He's a very experienced and hard working dev who is going to get us relaunched with POW thoroughly tested and working, and will be working with Bittrex to do a coin swap.

Luke is finishing up a project right now that will take him another week or two and then he's going to be focused on getting this project back in full swing.  We'll give you a more definite date when we're a little closer, but we're looking at early December as the relaunch date.  Luke likes to test everything thoroughly before releasing code, so we can be confident everything will work right.

I've seen Xocel on the Jumbucks slack, and what little I know is very positive - he seems like a capable and hard-working person in the cryptosphere, which is exactly what Bitseeds needs.  Great work bringing him aboard!

The schedule for mining will be for the long term - literally about 99 years - with a very gradual decrease of the block reward, so no instamine or any similar gimmicks that are so played out in the crypto sphere these days.  Once we have that back in place we'll be able to move ahead with Coin.co our service provider who will be enabling merchants to accept BitSeeds as payment while earning charitable donation tax credits, and the Rainforest Foundation will be using press releases and their huge media reach to get the word out about BitSeeds to the world outside our small Bitcoin and altcoin market.

I'm really happy to be working with someone of Luke's caliber and very excited at what the project will be bringing in December and as we head into 2016.  

Great news, all around - glad to see some people (you and Gabe) stick with something through setbacks and not just abandon it for the next pump and dump shitcoin.  Looking forward to 2016 for this one, hopefully interest will come back as mining and other improvements roll out in the coming months...

Thanks for the update, worth!
worth (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 02:51:46 AM

Gabe explained everything that was going on and Bill has made sure that we will stay listed on the exchange...

Good news on this one - glad the stink of the original dev is no longer associated with XSEED in the eyes of Bittrex.  Nice work making sure that XSEED will stick around on the exchange, too - I think that's pretty important.

...and he talked with Julian Yap of Jumbucks who contacted me and put me in touch with Luke, one of the Jumbucks core devs.

I've seen Xocel on the Jumbucks slack, and what little I know is very positive - he seems like a capable and hard-working person in the cryptosphere, which is exactly what Bitseeds needs.  Great work bringing him aboard!

Great news, all around - glad to see some people (you and Gabe) stick with something through setbacks and not just abandon it for the next pump and dump shitcoin.  Looking forward to 2016 for this one, hopefully interest will come back as mining and other improvements roll out in the coming months...

Thanks for the update, worth!

Well, credit goes to Bill and Julian for getting Luke in touch with me - all I did was tell him more about the project and what we were hoping to accomplish.  

Gabe started the project and I joined much later, but we've both put a lot into it and hope to see it succeed. Our hopes are grounded in a great concept and the execution that is possible with our partnership with the Rainforest Foundation.  

Mining will definitely help get more current cryptocurrency people involved, but the big effect will happen once the RF really starts getting the word out there via press releases and other media. Can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Definitely appreciate your support during the wilderness months, Delong.  Smiley
pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:08:27 AM

i've just noticed some stuff has happened whilst not paying attention.

is the git good to compile with .. i assume it probably is,
do we have a rough timeline for swap ?

how long should i keep staking for is my question.

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
worth (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:11:44 AM

i've just noticed some stuff has happened whilst not paying attention.

is the git good to compile with .. i assume it probably is,
do we have a rough timeline for swap ?

how long should i keep staking for is my question.

If you're using Linux you can compile using the official repository here:

https://github.com/BitSeedsOrg/Bitseeds

or if you're using Windows or Mac OS X you can use the download links further down that same page or in the OP. 

The swap will likely happen in December, but I'll be updating the thread here, on Cryptocointalk, and on my Twitter account periodically as we have a more defined timeline.

In the mean time, keep on staking.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 07:32:19 PM

All great news, sounds like we got a solid dev on board and it is good to know Bittrex is now fully aware of the awesome people behind the scenes and will support the project fully.
kashking

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 03:08:07 PM

Buying some of this to support the new team. Iquidus is a great dev so I'm sure there will be innovations here very soon Cheesy

xocel

Activity: 121

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 05:02:38 AM

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Bitseeds is an exciting project, I'm looking forward to getting involved.

I'm generally not very active on BCT but You can find me on
twitter: https://twitter.com/iquidus
github: https://github.com/iquidus
and I'm always lurking around the jumbucks community slack (free sign up at: http://slack.getjumbucks.com )

worth (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:29:58 AM

I wasn't planning to buy any more XSEED, but I couldn't help myself when I saw someone's low sell order today. 

Now I have to decide if I'm going to move it to my local wallet to stake it for the next ~ month until we do the coin swap, or leave it on Bittrex...
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: