Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:32:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New [ANN] [$XSEED] BitSeeds - Rainforest Foundation Charity - SHA256 PoW/PoS 10%  (Read 19465 times)
delong

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 02:32:08 PM

Just to be sure - we don't need to worry about the de-listing warning currently on Bittrex for XSEED, correct?
worth (OP)

Activity: 558
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:24:09 PM

Just to be sure - we don't need to worry about the de-listing warning currently on Bittrex for XSEED, correct?

Bill has told me on the Jumbucks Slack that he will make sure it stays listed (he also told Luke that they could handle the swap for us if I haven't mentioned that) and I just checked it and the warning has disappeared.  I think the warning must get turned on automatically and then they have to manually disable it. 

So, should be fine. 

Hm. Looks like someone's been accumulating.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 05:22:26 AM

So I assume there were some events lined up that you would have interjected or showcased XSEED at Rainforest events. Since the network was unusable for this time, are you waiting until a working version is running to begin new plans? or are these yearly events which would require waiting until next year to bring up XSEED at events again?

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
worth (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 06:49:33 AM

So I assume there were some events lined up that you would have interjected or showcased XSEED at Rainforest events. Since the network was unusable for this time, are you waiting until a working version is running to begin new plans? or are these yearly events which would require waiting until next year to bring up XSEED at events again?

Gabe is the better person to give specifics about the Rainforest Foundation plans, but I know press releases are a starting point, and I believe there will be further auctions (one has happened so far when an investor/donor made a winning bid of, I believe, $0.70 per coin).

There will be gift cards available about a month after the relaunch that supporters will be able to get from the RF in exchange for a donation (similar to a premium item you get when donating to many charities) which will come loaded with XSEED and which can be literally planted to grow a tree (each card will have a tree seed in it!).

Coin.co merchant services which will provide stores with a charitable tax writeoff for accepting BitSeeds is slated for about two months after relaunch, and there are further plans beyond that we'll be talking more about in the future.  But it will become a regular and important part of how the RF raises funds going forward.

Oh yeah, and I still have plans to promote the project to my own newsletter of over 25,000 computer training students after we've done the coin swap.

A point of clarification: the network is working just fine and has been since I took over stewarding it in early June.

It has occasional slowdowns where a block isn't generated for a few hours, but those are rare these days. The relaunch is to get clean codebase that restores POW since the original dev messed that up pretty thoroughly, and to add some more features that will work towards some of our future plans.  

It was best to wait until we knew everything was working after the relaunch before starting any large-scale promotions or moving forward with things on a global scale because we want to keep things simple for people - especially keeping in mind the real intended audience is the world outside of our still pretty parochial cryptocurrency community!

Hope that makes sense.
coinyoo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 11:32:36 AM

I have tried to synchronized my wallet but without success. Is there a good list with working nodes?

jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 05:18:28 PM

Gabe is the better person to give specifics about the Rainforest Foundation plans, but I know press releases are a starting point, and I believe there will be further auctions (one has happened so far when an investor/donor made a winning bid of, I believe, $0.70 per coin).

There will be gift cards available about a month after the relaunch that supporters will be able to get from the RF in exchange for a donation (similar to a premium item you get when donating to many charities) which will come loaded with XSEED and which can be literally planted to grow a tree (each card will have a tree seed in it!).

Coin.co merchant services which will provide stores with a charitable tax writeoff for accepting BitSeeds is slated for about two months after relaunch, and there are further plans beyond that we'll be talking more about in the future.  But it will become a regular and important part of how the RF raises funds going forward.

Oh yeah, and I still have plans to promote the project to my own newsletter of over 25,000 computer training students after we've done the coin swap.

A point of clarification: the network is working just fine and has been since I took over stewarding it in early June.

It has occasional slowdowns where a block isn't generated for a few hours, but those are rare these days. The relaunch is to get clean codebase that restores POW since the original dev messed that up pretty thoroughly, and to add some more features that will work towards some of our future plans.  

It was best to wait until we knew everything was working after the relaunch before starting any large-scale promotions or moving forward with things on a global scale because we want to keep things simple for people - especially keeping in mind the real intended audience is the world outside of our still pretty parochial cryptocurrency community!

Hope that makes sense.
great reply, thanks for the clarification on many points. best of luck Smiley

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
worth (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 05:12:35 AM

I have tried to synchronized my wallet but without success. Is there a good list with working nodes?

Are you sure you weren't able to sync? Like many altcoin wallets, ours will sync fully but if there happens to have been a delay before the next block is found it will look like it's still syncing even though it's fully caught up.

You can check if you are caught up to the current block by mousing over the "syncing" animation or checkmark in the lower left corner and waiting for the tool tip to appear, then compare the number to the most recent block on the explorer here: http://explore.cryptolife.net/bitseeds/

I'm currently seeing 11 connections, am fully caught up, and am not using a .conf file, just the hard-coded nodes.

Let me know if that helps.
worth (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 05:13:11 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2015, 10:36:10 AM by worth

Hope that makes sense.
great reply, thanks for the clarification on many points. best of luck Smiley

Thanks! Glad to help.
worth (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 11:22:11 PM

Been about a week and I want to post periodic reminders that we're planning a coin swap in December through Bittrex exchange. We don't have an exact date yet, but will update here, on Cryptocointalk, and on Twitter as we figure that out.

Also, here is a link to a playlist with all of the BitSeeds tutorial videos on YouTube for those who may have missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQavRdgrRCkXlsBrtAm32jafiu8Ihu7dp
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:19:20 PM

Been about a week and I want to post periodic reminders that we're planning a coin swap in December through Bittrex exchange. We don't have an exact date yet, but will update here, on Cryptocointalk, and on Twitter as we figure that out.

Also, here is a link to a playlist with all of the BitSeeds tutorial videos on YouTube for those who may have missed it:

When the coin swap goes through is there going to be any changes to algo? Still SHA256? 
worth (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 01:22:53 AM

When the coin swap goes through is there going to be any changes to algo? Still SHA256? 

No, we will be restoring the original POW algo and mining schedule - the only difference relating to mining will be that we are going to advance the original schedule to approximately where it would have been by this point by starting the block reward at 10 XSEED per block with very steady and gradual reduction of 0.0025 BitSeeds per block every 90 days for 400 reductions, or about 99 years.

No big rush to mine "carpe diem" style big blocks that drop rapidly in reward, nor Bitcoin-style big periodic halvings; just slow and steady POW for the long haul. POS will remain unchanged at 10% per year with a minimum stake age of 24 hours.

We have a few other newer features we'll be adding as well looking towards future plans which we'll discuss more a little further down the road. Some of the changes won't really make any difference or really be active at this time, but we figured we'd try to make any substantial changes now while we have the hood up, so to speak, to avoid major forks as much as possible in the future when we're ready to implement those plans.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:56:49 AM

Any updates on the coin swap?
altcoiner-

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 05:18:02 AM

any nodes? got to 8k and now no sync.
worth (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 01:24:36 AM

Our developer Luke/Xocel has been swamped with work on 2-3 projects including prep for the BitSeeds update and is behind schedule but making progress. I just spoke with him a few minutes ago and he doesn't want to give an exact date in case he's not able to meet it, but he said things will definitely be ready in January. 

I'd rather have this take a little longer and be done right than rushed and not go smoothly, so I'm good with this.

I've had people occasionally say they weren't syncing when they actually were - like many altcoins, if there has been a little while since the last block was found it will look like it's trying to catch up (spinning animation instead of a check mark in the corner of the window) and give the impression it's not syncing when it's actually caught up.

What block are you on now if you mouse over the "syncing" animation or the check mark? I'm seeing block 16,371 at the moment. 
altcoiner-

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:24:52 AM

Our developer Luke/Xocel has been swamped with work on 2-3 projects including prep for the BitSeeds update and is behind schedule but making progress. I just spoke with him a few minutes ago and he doesn't want to give an exact date in case he's not able to meet it, but he said things will definitely be ready in January. 

I'd rather have this take a little longer and be done right than rushed and not go smoothly, so I'm good with this.

I've had people occasionally say they weren't syncing when they actually were - like many altcoins, if there has been a little while since the last block was found it will look like it's trying to catch up (spinning animation instead of a check mark in the corner of the window) and give the impression it's not syncing when it's actually caught up.

What block are you on now if you mouse over the "syncing" animation or the check mark? I'm seeing block 16,371 at the moment. 
no animations on linux command line lol....
just a bunch of refused connections.
docker

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:33:28 AM

hi mate just a question xseed has a proper and professional developer or is a occasional coder?
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:34:29 AM

Sorry but i am too having problems syncing the wallet could someone please share a node list? and would be interesting to post it too in the ann paga for the new users, thanks
Truthful

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 11:55:20 PM

Hmmmm.....Solid12345 is one of the guys who strongly supported scam, "Urocoin".
sorryforthat

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 02:53:22 AM

Just because he asked a question does not mean that he is strongly supporting anything here. Hell, you could post the same thing in every thread he posts in and it wouldn't carry much weight at all. Put your tinfoil hat away for now.
Truthful

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 04:56:33 AM

Just because he asked a question does not mean that he is strongly supporting anything here. Hell, you could post the same thing in every thread he posts in and it wouldn't carry much weight at all. Put your tinfoil hat away for now.

Not sure what your aggressive reply is meant to achieve. I simply stated two facts:

1. Solid123345 stongly supported Urocoin. He presented false information to try and claim Urocoin was legit, which helped innocent people to lose money.

2. Urocoin has proven to be a scam, even though many people provided ample warning that it was a scam.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: