Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:04:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New [ANN] [$XSEED] BitSeeds - Rainforest Foundation Charity - SHA256 PoW/PoS 10%  (Read 19465 times)
delong

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 03:01:47 PM

Thanks for the update, Worth - it's disappointing to hear about the setbacks, but I'm glad there's still an effort being made to keep things going. 

On a different note, would you be able to contact Bittrex and let them know the coin is still active?  It looks like XSEED is slated for delisting without either increased volume or contact from you.

Thanks again!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
worth (OP)

Activity: 558
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 05:08:05 AM

Thanks for the update, Worth - it's disappointing to hear about the setbacks, but I'm glad there's still an effort being made to keep things going. 

On a different note, would you be able to contact Bittrex and let them know the coin is still active?  It looks like XSEED is slated for delisting without either increased volume or contact from you.

Thanks again!

Hi Delong,
 Thanks for the heads up; as it happens I actually already spoke with Bill (Bittrex CEO) over the weekend and updated him on what was going on with the project. What I didn't mention specifically in my last post was that Alex of coin.co had actually spoken with Bill offering the turnkey crypto payment processing system to them, which would have allowed Bittrex to become our payment processor.  I asked Bill about it since we hadn't spoken since before then and he said that he liked Alex and coin.co but it wasn't a great fit for what Bittrex is working on right now.

However, Bill said he had someone he could put me in touch with however who might be a better fit - I need to follow up with Bill about this since he only has given me the website so far, but if that worked out we'd end up with a company that could handle both the payment processing as well as the gift cards so that could end up working out really well!

So while I have spoken with Bill, anyone who can help boost the trade volume in the market would be appreciated.

I have been trying on my own to help improve the volume for some time now by gradually selling off my own BitSeeds (at a considerable loss since all the BitSeeds I've ever owned were ones I mined during the original launch or bought up out of pocket some time ago) but have almost entirely exhausted my own funds.  So to whomever has been buying when I've been selling them, you're welcome for the cheap coins.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 01:40:05 PM

Hopefully Bill will make an exception for Bitseeds, i'm sure he understands the situation  with its past and bad actors, not the same as other coins where devs abandoned and ran off. With just a bit more time I think it can be a solid top coin.
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 09:16:44 AM

Looks like bitseeds has been delisted from bittrex, where do we go from here?
Altcoinlover

Activity: 746

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 06:05:27 PM

Hopefully Bill will make an exception for Bitseeds, i'm sure he understands the situation  with its past and bad actors, not the same as other coins where devs abandoned and ran off. With just a bit more time I think it can be a solid top coin.

Unfortunatly, there are a good number of good coins that are beeing delisted recently....
In different cases a dev team was working hard to deliver.... and the sanction came anyway.

As for now, the only place to go (if operational), is to put your coins in a local wallet)
and wait for news ;-)

Sad period for many coins and dev team dedidated to ramp up their new or rescue coin....

On the other hand some scammy coins are still live LOL!

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
█████████          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████         ███████
██████████        ███████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████████████████████████████
██████               ███████
█████                 ██████
████     ███   ███     █████
████                   █████
██████   █████████   ███████
█████████████████████ ██████
                        ████
                          ██
DISCORD

▄█████████████████████████████▄
████████████████▌ ▄▄▀▀    ▀████
████████████████ █████▄   █████
█████████████▀▀ ▐▀█████████████
███▀▀ ▀▀▀             ▀▀▀¬▀▀███
███        ▄       ▄        ███
███▄      ███     ███      ▄███
████        `              ████
█████      ▄▄     ▄▄      █████
███████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████████
REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

Altcoinlover

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 06:08:51 PM

Just downloaded the local wallet.... awesome design and looking

Waiting for connexions to the network.

Is there a node list or conf file available?

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████
                          ██
DISCORD

REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

worth (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 03:02:11 AM

I'm talking it over with Bill right now and I emailed Gabe to see if he could talk to him as well. We'll see what he says, but it costs Bittrex a pretty fair amount of money to keep markets open and unfortunately BitSeeds just hasn't had a lot of volume and so they've been keeping it open for us while losing money for a long while now.  :/

Unfortunatly, there are a good number of good coins that are beeing delisted recently....
In different cases a dev team was working hard to deliver.... and the sanction came anyway.

As for now, the only place to go (if operational), is to put your coins in a local wallet)
and wait for news ;-)

Sad period for many coins and dev team dedidated to ramp up their new or rescue coin....

On the other hand some scammy coins are still live LOL!

Yes, they've been really aggressive cutting the smaller lower profile coins due to the cost issue I mentioned. I can understand their position but it's very frustrating for us to have the market killed, and sort of because we don't hype enough to get more people trading... I always saw the lack of hype as a good thing, but again I can understand them wanting to keep their costs under control. 

worth (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 03:10:04 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2016, 05:51:36 AM by worth

Just downloaded the local wallet.... awesome design and looking

Waiting for connexions to the network.

Is there a node list or conf file available?

Thanks. Glad you like the wallet design - I need to tweak a couple aspects of it but I think it came out looking pretty good.

You should be getting connections, albeit not a huge number right now since there don't seem to be a lot of people staking right now and both our pools have gone down along with the other pools run by those two people. We just set up a new node which hasn't been hard coded into the wallet yet, so use

addnode=104.131.118.19:2332

and also try

addnode=72.130.92.25:2332

those should help.  

BTW, if you have any XSEED already be sure to fully sync it with an empty wallet or there's the potential for it to get stuck on it's own fork if the wallet decides to stake. I've had this happen with a number of staking coins in the past before I realized what was causing it.

Checking my wallet it looks like we're on block 67344 as I type this. Keep in mind a lot of QT or core-based alt wallets including BitSeeds will sometimes look like they're failing to sync if you happen to sync and catch up between blocks. So check the block number and if it's 67344 or higher then you're probably fully synced even if it looks like it's catching up.

But now that I think about it, I haven't seen this happen since we relaunched with our current codebase back at the end of April, so you probably just need to give it a little more time unless maybe your firewall is blocking it or something.

Let me know if any of that helps.
delong

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 11:12:53 PM

I'm talking it over with Bill right now and I emailed Gabe to see if he could talk to him as well. We'll see what he says, but it costs Bittrex a pretty fair amount of money to keep markets open and unfortunately BitSeeds just hasn't had a lot of volume and so they've been keeping it open for us while losing money for a long while now.  :/

Thanks for keeping us updated, I had some low buys set and hit, but not enough to keep volume up in a meaningful way.  Please keep us updated if it looks like Bittrex might bring the XSEED market back.  If they don't, are there any other options you might pursue, and will this affect any future plans for the coin if no major alt markets are trading it?
SimkoMiner

Activity: 925

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 04:03:46 AM

Where can I dump this coin?
worth (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 02:23:49 AM

Thanks for keeping us updated, I had some low buys set and hit, but not enough to keep volume up in a meaningful way.  Please keep us updated if it looks like Bittrex might bring the XSEED market back.  If they don't, are there any other options you might pursue, and will this affect any future plans for the coin if no major alt markets are trading it?

So you may have noticed that the XSEED market is disabled but is still listed, unlike most/all of the other alts that they've removed recently. Bill has not made a final decision yet and I have just heard back from Gabe earlier today who has been away traveling, I think for his cannabis startup incubator. Gabe is going to get in touch with Bill and talk to him so we'll see how that goes and I'll post any updates here when I have them.
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 10:59:48 PM

Any news? Or is the project dead?
delong

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 10:49:35 PM

Not looking good - worth, any news to share or is this abandoned?
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 12:21:58 AM

Nyooos

Take back my dead comment :p

delong

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:32:21 PM

Any news on the $UBQ-related re-launch?
SSowellSVT

Activity: 285
Merit: 101

https://genesisnetwork.io/

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 12:34:31 PM

What about the UBQ swap??
Altcoinlover

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:01:00 PM

is the network still working?

Is there still a dev onboard in some ways?

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████
                          ██
DISCORD

REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

worth (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:42:46 AM

Everyone, sorry for not getting in here sooner and updating the thread and I apologize to the people who have PMed me here as well. In brief, there will be a coin swap from our own blockchain to Ubiq tokens, the details of which will be forthcoming soon once we coordinate all the details with everyone involved in the process. 

The network is still running along pretty smoothly and you should be able to open your wallet and stake without problems - just make sure you're using the current (May 2016 update) version 2.0 which you can download from https://bitseeds.org/

If you have any problems connecting try adding the following two lines to your bitseeds.conf file:

addnode=104.131.118.19:3001
addnode=98.151.105.228

and that should get you connections. If anyone else has nodes to suggest, feel free to post them here.

There will also be an ICO happening with all proceeds going to the Rainforest Foundation.  The exact amount of BitSeeds we're offering hasn't been settled on, but it looks like it will be roughly 60% of the current circulating coins which should help improve distribution a lot.

All coins being sold are coming from staked funds from project wallets and not from the original (still untouched) premine.  The premine will be locked into a smart contract and most likely will be used to mint new coins at a low annual inflation rate -- much lower than the original 10% -- since staking and mining will no longer be an option as a Ubiq token.

The goal here is to fund the Rainforest Foundation without flooding the market with a vast ton of new coins, and to bring in as much money as possible for the RF while still looking out for the needs of all current BitSeeds holders. Once all the details have been worked out, I'll be posting more specifics, but we're *probably* looking at an August or September timeframe.  I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your patience!
buneskiti

Activity: 114
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 09:36:04 AM

Everyone, sorry for not getting in here sooner and updating the thread and I apologize to the people who have PMed me here as well. In brief, there will be a coin swap from our own blockchain to Ubiq tokens, the details of which will be forthcoming soon once we coordinate all the details with everyone involved in the process. 

The network is still running along pretty smoothly and you should be able to open your wallet and stake without problems - just make sure you're using the current (May 2016 update) version 2.0 which you can download from https://bitseeds.org/

If you have any problems connecting try adding the following two lines to your bitseeds.conf file:

addnode=98.151.105.228

and that should get you connections. If anyone else has nodes to suggest, feel free to post them here.

There will also be an ICO happening with all proceeds going to the Rainforest Foundation.  The exact amount of BitSeeds we're offering hasn't been settled on, but it looks like it will be roughly 60% of the current circulating coins which should help improve distribution a lot.

All coins being sold are coming from staked funds from project wallets and not from the original (still untouched) premine.  The premine will be locked into a smart contract and most likely will be used to mint new coins at a low annual inflation rate -- much lower than the original 10% -- since staking and mining will no longer be an option as a Ubiq token.

The goal here is to fund the Rainforest Foundation without flooding the market with a vast ton of new coins, and to bring in as much money as possible for the RF while still looking out for the needs of all current BitSeeds holders. Once all the details have been worked out, I'll be posting more specifics, but we're *probably* looking at an August or September timeframe.  I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your patience!

Great to see the project still alive however, If an ICO will be taking place (meaning new coins entering the market) I think you need to appropriate more coins to the coin supporters who have held through the thick and (mostly) thin so that they can retain value in their holdings
Altcoinlover

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:52:26 PM

addnode=98.151.105.228

thanks for the support. I will check later the wallet I was installing on my main laptop...

I am a bit confused about the swap to UBIQ.... for me UBIQ is also a coin which is currently listed anywhere and is struggling...
Am I confused or accurate on that statement?

Anyway hope this project will stay alive and help really the rainforests

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████