Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:07:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 8 Server 2012 Windows Phone Halo 4  (Read 1729 times)
Desolator

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 06:22:05 AM

I cannot stand server 2012!  It's like playing with a tablet built for 8 year olds!  Hot-corner, mac rip off, bullshit! I had to demo it to see if our SQL database would move over and I HATE IT!  I wanted to smash it the second I got it.  You can't just simply click twice and tada, control panel.  It's some bullshit hand-holdy, slow ass crap interface from Windows 8.

The last couple versions of Halo before that prequel atrocity were absolutely horrid and the user interface of even that latest one is a crime against UIs.  I doubt Halo 4 will be any better.

Windows 8 is like Millennium Edition and Vista combined but with the worst interface ever designed.  It's going to be hell on earth just like Vista for even more reasons than both of those combined.

They are going to be on the verge of bankruptcy after such a chain of disappointments.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 02:55:00 PM

I cannot stand server 2012!  It's like playing with a tablet built for 8 year olds!
Windows 8 is optimized for touch screen devices. With Server 2012 You can have sql database server running on tablet! What a brainfart from Microsoft!
Windows 8 is like Millennium Edition
Windows Millenium actually was not that bad, it only offered no real advantages over Windows98 and had a namely few serious flaws. Other than that it was better than initial WindowsXP release against Windows2000. Vista was catastrophe for users but a profit for techies like me who were replacing with WinXP on ALL new computers with Vista preinstalled.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
underminer (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 10:33:19 PM

Its true.  Vista being so bad is what has led to the "extended life cycle" of xp I still have three retail copies and people want to buy them from me all the time but I find them helpful to keep around. 

I use vista all the time however just because I have 4-5 retail copies of it I acquired free.

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
Desolator

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 03:12:21 AM

My shop is only sitting on 3 copies of windows 7 cuz I don't have tons of money laying around atm Sad MS goes around demanding copies back from MS partners (aka all my vendors) like crazy license nazis so I won't be able to get a copy from legit channels.  I didn't really follow XP but how long can I expect OEM system builder copies to be on ebay and what kind of a price hike?

And as for ME, it was what they had done with XP so far that they rushed to release because Apple was coming out with OS 8 or 9 or something.  I used it one time and I plugged in a mouse and it blue screened while loading the default HID driver Tongue It basically didn't work at all.  The functionality seemed to sort of be there compared to XP but it was just so gitchy and they killed it a year later.
underminer (OP)

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 03:44:20 AM

Oem of 7?  I expect there to be huge rash of good looking fakes any day now if 8 is going to be as I'll received as everyone is predicting.  Any copies of xp oem you did at this point are all from china, I've never seen a pirated vista (lol) and mainly win 7 is the fairly common oem ultimate crack from the pre-release.  I was only just barely able to sell a sealed win 7 pro retail for $120 recently.  My main os source is from stripping down custom builds and pulling retail win 7 keys when I find them.  I don't think win 7 is too hard to find right now, are you having trouble?

Desolator

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 04:28:57 AM

There are precisely zero working pirated copies of Windows 7.  It's XP on steroids when it comes to not being able to download windows updates if it's not legit.  You absolutely cannot run an unlicensed copy in a safe manner.  It is impossible.  If someone starts passing off fakes that won't activate or won't patch, they'll get 100% negative feedback on ebay and will be eliminated by the ebay secret police or whatever, lol.

Plus, I have a case and front panel print and all that to compare to any photo on ebay.  If even 1 clasp is wrong, and the Chinese aren't very detail-oriented with fakes, I'll see it.  That or I just won't buy anything from California where all the Asian ebay sellers are.
underminer (OP)

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 04:46:55 AM

I know plenty of people who run bad copies of 7 who report no problems, but definitely don't recommend it.  If you look long and hard you should be able to find good retails for $70 home/pro/ultimate.

GernMiester

Activity: 285

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 04:49:10 AM

There are precisely zero working pirated copies of Windows 7.  It's XP on steroids when it comes to not being able to download windows updates if it's not legit.  You absolutely cannot run an unlicensed copy in a safe manner.  It is impossible. 

Hmm Really,
Ran an unlicensed copy of Windows 7 for YEARS, yes YEARS.. Updates just fine, no issue other than a black background and some text in the corner. Never even entered my license key and it still upgraded to Widows 8 with no issue other than Windows 8 itself being annoying.
ANYONE can pirate win 7 and only miss out on optional updates. No virus no malware no crash no nothing. No key needed. I ran it from Win7 release to win 8 with ZERO issues but the may be illegal messages. Every app ran just fine for years.
So your PRECISELY WRONG!
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 10:59:12 AM

I have 5 pirated copies of Win 7 running with no problems at all. They look and act the same as the pre-installed Win 7 on my laptop.

underminer (OP)

Not for hire.

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 11:51:57 PM

Ok so check this out:

Now that virtualization is widestream and ms has made an operating system that actually *can*be installed on an amd machine and then later run on an intel without collapsing or needing to reinstall they are phasing out the retail (transferable) license.

Is this the ultimate troll or what?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: