Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:25:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining rigs rental is that profitable?  (Read 44228 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:10:00 PM

I guess is best to trade bitcoin and altcoins,bitcoin value is good to invest ,mining renting would be great if there is a garantee that you will proof even being 20k satoshis for ghs..... the risk involved is you cant predict the result.

That is the hard parts. There is solo mining with huge amounts of luck involved and great profit as a possibility.   Lower rentals seem the fees kill most of the profit.

PPS is going to be hard on it with fees so guaranteed profit is not there.  Other kind's of mining are there but luck plays a factor.  So it's kinda gambling I see it as unless you are the one renting the miner.  The owner is the winner.
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 05:58:28 AM

For altcoins yes! for btc is stupid as hell!!!
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:09:27 AM

This is BTC part of forum not altcoin.  So we should be talking about BTC.  So it is not smart to mine BTC and pay with BTC in general.  (Assuming not lotto mining).

And even on altcoin it sometimes is harder to justify then just buying.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:17:14 AM

no even for altcoin it's not profitable, otherwise it mean that who is renting is losing a chance to make more profit

yeah you can find some stupid like that, that didn't the math but they are not the standard
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 12:37:29 PM

no even for altcoin it's not profitable, otherwise it mean that who is renting is losing a chance to make more profit

yeah you can find some stupid like that, that didn't the math but they are not the standard

If you rent a lot of hashrate at -10% of the average Bitcoin profitability, you would stand to gain 8~9%~ overall profit on your investment after fees. But you'd need to truly rent a ton of it and have a big BTC rollover to get through variance until you normalize.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 02:43:13 PM

If you rent a lot of hashrate at -10% of the average Bitcoin profitability, you would stand to gain 8~9%~ overall profit on your investment after fees. But you'd need to truly rent a ton of it and have a big BTC rollover to get through variance until you normalize.

Getting it at negative 10 is not really that easy though.  Nicehase has been pretty consistent around -5 or so.  So it is less.... but fees and such make it where you would lose just renting.

I'm sure it happens everyonce in a while but as general rule renting BTC mining with BTC is a loss.
knowhow (OP)

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:52:06 PM

Bit x cloud ,someone said 1ghs gives around 130 satoshis,soo these value are fixed or volatil?And the roi calculated at btc is around 3 years.Altcoins get pumped and dumped if lucky the coins mined can turn into profit but well is a shot in the dark the same way as rent and wait to roi .
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 09:30:47 PM

Bit x cloud ,someone said 1ghs gives around 130 satoshis,soo these value are fixed or volatil?And the roi calculated at btc is around 3 years.Altcoins get pumped and dumped if lucky the coins mined can turn into profit but well is a shot in the dark the same way as rent and wait to roi .

I don't know current price.  If you sign into Bit-x you can see the hash market.   I suggest taking a look at it if interested.

I would not base it off what someone say's.  There is a lot of info that is crap to be honest.  But do some research and see what you think.  I know I have trusted 2 sites with a little on cloud.  But I always say don't let me push you into it.
knowhow (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 11:29:03 PM

I don't know current price.  If you sign into Bit-x you can see the hash market.   I suggest taking a look at it if interested.

I would not base it off what someone say's.  There is a lot of info that is crap to be honest.  But do some research and see what you think.  I know I have trusted 2 sites with a little on cloud.  But I always say don't let me push you into it.

Well im member of there already ,but not interested at all at cloud since i know that is almost impossible ro roi,if the website doesnt allow you to resell the hash to others,i had used cex.io and well i were able to roi since the hash market is like bitcoin up and down.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:20:24 AM

Well im member of there already ,but not interested at all at cloud since i know that is almost impossible ro roi,if the website doesnt allow you to resell the hash to others,i had used cex.io and well i were able to roi since the hash market is like bitcoin up and down.

Bit-X has a hash market.  I don't know the most about it as I have not sold it.  But it has open buying and selling.  So I would think  you could sell.

But I am still a lot bigger in hardware as I enjoy to tinker.  I have a little in the "cloud" but not tons.
knowhow (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 11:07:29 PM

Well i were at clould when bitcoin were on the 360 dollars i guess,nowadays i dont know the interest on buying and selling hash,on that time  i guess around 100ghs were trading daily.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 11:17:19 PM

Well i were at clould when bitcoin were on the 360 dollars i guess,nowadays i dont know the interest on buying and selling hash,on that time  i guess around 100ghs were trading daily.

Cloud is kinda a separate investment then rental.  Cloud is more longterm (in most cases).  Rental's are usally a short time.

Just holding has been pretty amazing (269 atm on BTC).  So I'm really happy on price.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 06:52:25 AM

it can only be profitable on new altcoin if you instamine with tons of hashpower rented for 3 hours max, or even less if possible, because the outcome of a new alt is unknown there is the chances of a big gain

i would not try it for anything else, but it was profitable with cointellect, very profitable Cheesy
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 12:05:02 PM

it can only be profitable on new altcoin if you instamine with tons of hashpower rented for 3 hours max, or even less if possible, because the outcome of a new alt is unknown there is the chances of a big gain

i would not try it for anything else, but it was profitable with cointellect, very profitable Cheesy

The problem is there is not a lot of new altcoins worth mining really.   This has happeneded a few times (paycoin days) where price jumped to rediclous prices on renting. 

But for most part we have not seen this for a while I would say.  BTC is pretty much what everyone is mining as far as sha.
knowhow (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:12:43 PM

Altcoins has no market cap ,the most coins makes the ico steall bitcoins and pay a fee to the exchange and well lets say 3 months and the coin is dead 99% of the new altcoins will turn into scam,the market is full soo just those who has some plans will moove on.
zodiac3011

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:26:23 AM

ok mining rig rentals I think is not a really good idea for mining BTC because the rent price is not equal between many rigs and it's usually above the what you can make profit from so that rig's owner can make money and pay for the electricity too
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:43:26 AM

ok mining rig rentals I think is not a really good idea for mining BTC because the rent price is not equal between many rigs and it's usually above the what you can make profit from so that rig's owner can make money and pay for the electricity too

It's gone down from it's height.  But at one time rig owners would make a decent amount extra selling hash.  Part of only reason I ROI'ed on my a2 was rentals.   But nicehash took the entire maket pretty much.  It's so easy just a lot of people use it at this point.

It is currently at -2 percent average on BTC.  Unless lucky on a pool that 2 percent will not make you any money after fees.  The one who rents the rig gets the most. You really can't long term rent machines for profit on BTC.
Coinminer11

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Never risk more than what you're willing to lose

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 04:25:45 AM

An ICO would make it profitable if the coin had a following and a decent price.  I got out of the mining game because Florida is too hot to keep home mining profitable and the power cost is to great for me. 

If you are reading this,  you have too much time on your hands hahaha! If you're still reading this consider sending me some btc to my wallet on my profile.  Pennies make dollars and dollars make my life more interesting.  Seriously though stop reading this! LOL
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:40:03 AM

An ICO would make it profitable if the coin had a following and a decent price.  I got out of the mining game because Florida is too hot to keep home mining profitable and the power cost is to great for me. 

The heat is a challenge for anyone that setup's a decent amount of miners.  I had to do a lot off CFM's of fans to get through the summer.

I'm lucky winter is coming and it's cooling down.  But for initial investment I now can mine during summers from this point on with using fan's and not AC which saves a lot of money.
Coinminer11

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Never risk more than what you're willing to lose

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 01:56:08 PM

The heat is a challenge for anyone that setup's a decent amount of miners.  I had to do a lot off CFM's of fans to get through the summer.

I'm lucky winter is coming and it's cooling down.  But for initial investment I now can mine during summers from this point on with using fan's and not AC which saves a lot of money.
Whats the ambient temp of your mining room? If I didn't use ac it would get up to 84 degrees inside which I didn't allow my miners to run in.  I mean how hot does a data center get?

If you are reading this,  you have too much time on your hands hahaha! If you're still reading this consider sending me some btc to my wallet on my profile.  Pennies make dollars and dollars make my life more interesting.  Seriously though stop reading this! LOL
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: