Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:19:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What 2.0 Currency do you think will be the most successful?
NXT - 74 (30.6%)
NEM - 73 (30.2%)
Ethereum - 25 (10.3%)
Qora / Qora 2.0 - 1 (0.4%)
Crypti - 18 (7.4%)
BitShares 2.0 - 43 (17.8%)
Skycoin - 5 (2.1%)
None - 3 (1.2%)
Total Voters: 242

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What 2.0 Currency will be the most successful?  (Read 17787 times)
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 07:20:33 AM

lets say it this way

talking about NEM
and be listed on exchanges as XEM

isnt really helping

but that this gem of crypto is hard to discover
was the reason it is still a insider hint for early adopter

what ETH was hyped to much NEM/XEM was to less

in potential they both can compete easy

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mixmaster

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 11:04:40 AM

lets say it this way

talking about NEM
and be listed on exchanges as XEM

isnt really helping
talking about Bitcoin
and be listed on exchanges as XBC

isnt really helping

Cool

you just have to understand that NEM is the project name and XEM is the coin that it created. XEM is not the only product NEM stands for. NEM is a blockchain platform, not just a coin.
dre1982

Activity: 770
Merit: 284

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:51:09 PM

NEM is a cheap copycat of NXT
earth is a disc

I wonder if there's anyone who believes this poll wasn't rigged so far.  The only options in the list anyone has ever heard of are Ethereum, Bitshares, and NXT, yet the one nobody has heard of, NEM, somehow got to #1.  Can you say rigging the ballots?

Arent all altcoins just some copycats of Bitcoin?

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:54:06 PM

earth is a disc

I wonder if there's anyone who believes this poll wasn't rigged so far.  The only options in the list anyone has ever heard of are Ethereum, Bitshares, and NXT, yet the one nobody has heard of, NEM, somehow got to #1.  Can you say rigging the ballots?

The majority of alt coins are copies of the Bitcoin source code, but there's been an alt coin around called Ethereum which I think it has it's own source code and not based on Bitcoin itself. Etherem's technology is very interesting (platform for decentralized applications) but the lack of a GUI wallet makes it very hard to use (especially for newbies)  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
crypti PR

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Crypti Public Relations

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 01:55:03 PM

earth is a disc

The majority of alt coins are copies of the Bitcoin source code, but there's been an alt coin around called Ethereum which I think it has it's own source code and not based on Bitcoin itself. Etherem's technology is very interesting (platform for decentralized applications) but the lack of a GUI wallet makes it very hard to use (especially for newbies)  Smiley

Crypti, Nxt, Ethereum, BitShares, Qora are all based on an entirely new code base. It's nothing extra ordinary anymore. Smiley

Crypti's Decentralized Applications and Dapp Store: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9o5X4xHJnc
Join our Chat: https://crypti.chat/
Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 02:36:58 PM

http://mapofcoins.com

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 02:55:42 PM

earth is a disc

i've heard of NEM more then all the others combined  Huh
SydorFunk

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:00:41 PM

NEM and NXT have active online communities and that is why they win online polls.  Ethereum and Bitshares are worth more because they have institutional Bitcoin whales and networked with capital giants.   Bitshares early on attracted investments from Chinese funds and Ethereum just got the support of some automobile group which pledged $50 million to 2.0 currencies.   Networking is something NXT and NEM has not had any major success with yet.  I think NEM and NXT just started doing stuff in Japan and Greece.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:13:26 PM

The one that gets a signifacant network effect which i haven't seen any of them succeeding in.
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:38:07 PM

NEM and NXT have active online communities and that is why they win online polls.  Ethereum and Bitshares are worth more because they have institutional Bitcoin whales and networked with capital giants.   Bitshares early on attracted investments from Chinese funds and Ethereum just got the support of some automobile group which pledged $50 million to 2.0 currencies.   Networking is something NXT and NEM has not had any major success with yet.  I think NEM and NXT just started doing stuff in Japan and Greece.

I'm not sure about other communities, but BitShares has dedicated forum https://bitsharestalk.org and many users even don't have account in BTT.  Smiley

You can check this forum activity and compare BitShares community with other coins communities:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=stats

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 05:08:36 AM

earth is a disc

Lots of people have heard of nem.
earth is a disc

Polls on BTT are completely useless but I wouldn't call them rigged. Like how is this one rigged ? It's useless as - as always - it's a popularity and sockpuppet contest but does that really qualify as rigged ?
Also stating that nobody has ever heared of NEM is imho quite ignorant. YOU haven't heared of NEM (or not much, seeing as you described it as a mere clone in the polo trollbox unless the r0ach there isn't you) but that doesn't mean noone else has.

I heard of NEM, and once I bothered to install the client, but it was just very hard to grasp even the installed. Now they mgiht have made it easier since but back then it was stupid.

It offers nothing new of NXT, and its is a clinging parasite on the fame of NXT. I`d rather prefer NXT, even if it has a shitty marketing team now, than NEM, so sorry.

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 05:46:43 AM

I'm assuming you haven't heard of mijin, dragonfly pay or the vc funding (that's prob connceted to one of these projects, I'm just mentioning it) for/with NEM ?
That's what I mean when I say that success will not only be determined by technology. You need a lot of effort in the real world to go anywhere with your porject no matter how superior you tech may or may not be.

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 06:14:24 AM

Why no one here has posted about Monero? I think this would be a good candidate for discussion, because a lot of people sure do like talking about it and has always had a consistent following over the past year.

Other than that NXT might be a good choice as well... Another coin I just was looking into was eMunie (which hasn't been released yet) that shows a real potential of being, literally, the fastest coin to be put on the market.

The thread for that is here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1191535.0

testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 08:19:58 AM

Why no one here has posted about Monero? I think this would be a good candidate for discussion, because a lot of people sure do like talking about it and has always had a consistent following over the past year.

Other than that NXT might be a good choice as well... Another coin I just was looking into was eMunie (which hasn't been released yet) that shows a real potential of being, literally, the fastest coin to be put on the market.

Not fastest, but probably eMunie will be good technology after it's will be finally released https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1191535.msg12550689#msg12550689
PS: Unfortunately I lost patience of eMunue one year ago after waiting public beta release for 3-4 months

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 10:33:09 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2015, 10:47:18 AM by Fuserleer

Not fastest, but probably eMunie will be good technology after it's will be finally released https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1191535.msg12550689#msg12550689
PS: Unfortunately I lost patience of eMunue one year ago after waiting public beta release for 3-4 months

We'll see! I still think there are a lot of misconceptions/issues about Bitshares speed (even disregarding the crazy power box you need to sustain it) and that when it comes to the crunch, it won't perform anywhere near what is claimed.

As soon as we have enough testers available to push a few 100,000k tx/s I'll be sure to update everyone here.  Problem is, we need about 500 nodes online to do that on a fully partitioned network (assuming each node can generate ~300-400 tx/s) and we don't have a pool of testers which is that large.  Maybe I should start recruiting again soon Smiley

I get the patience thing, but would you rather a sloppy, cut corner, pile of shit but out the door quick product?  Or a good quality, performs as claimed, solid product with real innovation?   So much stuff is released here with issues, silly mistakes, and other shoddy implementations of ideas just to make a quick buck.

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 11:57:53 AM

We'll see! I still think there are a lot of misconceptions/issues about Bitshares speed (even disregarding the crazy power box you need to sustain it) and that when it comes to the crunch, it won't perform anywhere near what is claimed.

As soon as we have enough testers available to push a few 100,000k tx/s I'll be sure to update everyone here.  Problem is, we need about 500 nodes online to do that on a fully partitioned network (assuming each node can generate ~300-400 tx/s) and we don't have a pool of testers which is that large.  Maybe I should start recruiting again soon Smiley

I get the patience thing, but would you rather a sloppy, cut corner, pile of shit but out the door quick product?  Or a good quality, performs as claimed, solid product with real innovation?   So much stuff is released here with issues, silly mistakes, and other shoddy implementations of ideas just to make a quick buck.

Hit me up if you need testers. I'm always up for testing new stuff.

tolstoy

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 08:54:32 PM

NXT and NEM are both good choices.
My vote is for the NEM blockchain platform with Proof-of-Importance, EigenTrust++, delegated harvesting and m-of-n multisig.

EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 10:29:02 PM

You could put it that way, being the polite dude that you are  Cool
What BTS are promising is a VISA level of tx speed in a decentralised peer-to-peer network.
This is like saying that you can make a Land Rover as fast as a Bugatti Veyron: maybe you can, but you may have to sacrifice a few safety features.

Still, it's going to be fun to watch, as long as you stand well back.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 10:55:23 PM

You could put it that way, being the polite dude that you are  Cool
What BTS are promising is a VISA level of tx speed in a decentralised peer-to-peer network.
This is like saying that you can make a Land Rover as fast as a Bugatti Veyron: maybe you can, but you may have to sacrifice a few safety features.

Still, it's going to be fun to watch, as long as you stand well back.

I agree with you. It’s about time that crypto shows its true potential to Banks and the government by proving to be a fast and efficient system to handle transactions similar or greater than Visa. When Bitshares 2.0 comes out, it could totally rival Visa with its TPS. This is something that Bitcoin should’ve improved in the beginning, but it seems that after all there is going to be a next “Bitcoin 2.0” and that would be Bitshares 2.0 Just my opinion  Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
GRCnation

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 10:56:24 PM

Gridcoin is the most undervalued next-generation blockchain out there...

Radical Innovation - Sustainable Cryptocurrency for Scientific Progress
http://imgur.com/12gxxps
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: