Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:00:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I appeal against ban?  (Read 996 times)
Btcforall (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 08:11:33 PM

One of my account has been banned for 14 days for Insubstantial posts+sig ad.I strongly believe that if given a chance I can prove that account was banned for invalid reasons.I cant post from that account and I dont have any idea who should I appeal to hear my case

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 08:16:43 PM

One of my account has been banned for 14 days for Insubstantial posts+sig ad.I strongly believe that if given a chance I can prove that account was banned for invalid reasons.I cant post from that account and I dont have any idea who should I appeal to hear my case

If they gave you an email with that message then you should send to that adress otherwise you can appeal here (you are not allowed to post outside the Meta section with any of your alternative accounts otherwise it will be considered as ban evasion) .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 08:17:54 PM

wait for them to reply here. but I doubt they'll just lift the ban.
temp ban are just warnings.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 08:19:45 PM

OP's account posted in another thread after meta message in a different part of forum:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1197006.msg12566483#msg12566483

Afghanistan 2.0 back to ussr
Yes I think Syria will become new battle field for Russia and US to test their military power against each other as they did decades ago in Afghanistan

So ban evasion at this point likely going to be a perma ban.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 08:23:51 PM

OP's account posted in another thread after meta message in a different part of forum:

say bye-bye to that small chance of getting unbanned, OP.

I think ban evasion only doubles the duration of the ban.
Btcforall (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 08:24:11 PM

Whether they lift ban or not thats not important but I feel account was banned unfairly

If they gave you an email with that message then you should send to that adress otherwise you can appeal here (you are not allowed to post outside the Meta section with any of your alternative accounts otherwise it will be considered as ban evasion) .
I didn't receive email but email notification of pm which informed me of ban.I think that is automated.If I dont post with my alternative account,how do I post from ban account then?

Btcforall (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 08:27:08 PM

say bye-bye to that small chance of getting unbanned, OP.

I think ban evasion only doubles the duration of the ban.
Perhaps you didn't read my first post carefully or is my english that bad? My this account is not banned, it is my another different account that got banned

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 08:27:57 PM

Whether they lift ban or not thats not important but I feel account was banned unfairly.

Whats the accounts name? Let us have a look. Insubstantial posts are commonly disputed, maybe we can explain it to you.

-snip-
I didn't receive email but email notification of pm which informed me of ban.I think that is automated.If I dont post with my alternative account,how do I post from ban account then?

You are not allowed to post elsewhere, like you did a few minutes after you asked about your ban. The only topic you are allowed to post in is the thread you created here and only to discuss your ban.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 08:28:05 PM

Perhaps you didn't read my first post carefully or is my english that bad? My this account is not banned, it is my another different account that got banned

ban evasion = posting with another account outside of meta while being banned on other account.
Btcforall (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 08:32:27 PM

ban evasion = posting with another account outside of meta while being banned on other account.
Does it mean if my one account is banned,I cannot use my other account too to post outside meta?

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 08:33:39 PM

Does it mean if my one account is banned,I cannot use my other account too to post outside meta?

yeah man. a banned account can't even post to evade a ban.

seems like some people don't know that. maybe there should be some kind of warning about ban evasion included on the ban message?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 08:35:03 PM

To be clear here, you are not only limited to meta. You (the person, with all your accounts) are limited to this thread discussing your ban and your ban only. No PMs either.

maartenhaha

Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 08:37:39 PM

actually, the rulebook could be a bit more clear i think, sometimes it's confusing.

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
Btcforall (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 08:39:54 PM

To be clear here, you are not only limited to meta. You (the person, with all your accounts) are limited to this thread discussing your ban and your ban only. No PMs either.
Hmmm now I got it.It means if one of my account is banned,I have to self-observe ban on my other accounts too.
Gosh I made a big mistake by accepting that my other account is banned Cheesy

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 09:23:11 PM

-snip-
Hmmm now I got it.It means if one of my account is banned,I have to self-observe ban on my other accounts too.
-snip-

You wouldnt be the first that tried to outsmart BadBear and failed so, yes. The alternative is that you might(!) get away with it or your ban is prolonged; 14 days become 60 days; 60 days become banned for life.

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 12:13:41 AM

If you're trying to think of a way you can work around the banning system, don't. BadBear has perma-banned several accounts in the past for ban evasion, yours will be no different.

If you did not receive an E-mail, the only way would be to wait for Theymos or BadBear to stumble upon this thread and try to help. However, since your blatant disregard for the rules, I would be very surprised if they didn't extend your ban on the spot.
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 12:33:25 AM

This thread is (was?) your chance. I have seen no proof whatsoever. Either start proving or stop posting during your ban.
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 12:41:38 AM

pm's are forbidden also?
didnt know that...

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 12:46:37 AM

That wasn't your big mistake.  Roll Eyes
Stop thinking that your account has been banned. You have been banned.
notlist3d
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:25:58 AM

That wasn't your big mistake.  Roll Eyes
Stop thinking that your account has been banned. You have been banned.

You made the right choice trying to talk to staff.  Made a very bad choice in continuing to talk on forum other then meta.  The mods are smart and this is not their first time around.  They can spot alt's and I would guess they would have eventually banned you for ban evasion.

But you did speed it up by ban evasion in thread.   They will ban accounts, stop using them to post.  You need to take a break from the forums.  And I know so many think they are smarter then system and can get around it but usually they are found out and just gets you in more trouble.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: