Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:55:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Meanwhile in Las Vegas.....  (Read 22851 times)
HDSolar

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 06:21:29 PM

Wow, good luck.  Would love to stop by but not in Vegas this week, damit.

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vitruvio

Activity: 850
Merit: 331

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 06:39:31 PM

What is the bounty up to, for a pic of a Casascius coin being handed to someone wearing a PayPal shirt?

Grin, I want to see that

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 07:04:59 PM

As much as all of us here understand the clever ideas behind Bitcoin, and as much most of us have vested interest and biases, we should try to see things from outsider's perspective. Presently Bitcoin is an obscure, niche experiment in p2p networking and economics. Smart people from PayPal and and similar corporations, even from governments, will appreciate and embrace the underlying innovations only if we help them to.  Bitcoiners bashing on big guys at this moment seems pathetic and laughable, and in case is not productive.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 07:14:57 PM

Yankee,

I want to underline that i always liked the professionalism that you put in presenting yourself.

You are one of the best PR we have.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 08:00:34 PM

Awsome,

simply awsome!!!

Good luck guys!

spiccioli
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 08:09:02 PM

WOW, you are great.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 08:24:03 PM

Erik made sure we got placed next to Paypal.

Charlie, Roger, Erik ... I love you and I want to give you money.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 08:27:57 PM

As much as all of us here understand the clever ideas behind Bitcoin, and as much most of us have vested interest and biases, we should try to see things from outsider's perspective. Presently Bitcoin is an obscure, niche experiment in p2p networking and economics. Smart people from PayPal and and similar corporations, even from governments, will appreciate and embrace the underlying innovations only if we help them to.  Bitcoiners bashing on big guys at this moment seems pathetic and laughable, and in case is not productive.

I agree with this niko.  We won't be throwing tomatoes or anything at them, don't worry Wink  We're here to make friends, not enemies, because we'll have enough enemies as it is.
panda1

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 08:39:04 PM

The booth looks great!
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 10:13:00 PM

Heading over the Aria now, can't wait to meet you guys

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 10:31:20 PM

Great strategy guys!
We do this with our competition too at conventions.  They hate it!
Good Luck!
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 10:34:59 PM

I have never been to the Aria, but hear that all the rooms are outfitted with a commercial version of a home automation system called "Control4", another pet hobby of mine.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
jackdavis1983

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 10:36:17 PM

This is great. great publicity. I am soon going to venture into the UK market with a bitinstant concept and I hope one day I will have a "meanwhile in UK" picture of the exact same thing. This is what bitcoin needs, some positive publicity that it is a meaningful currency without a single cannabis leaf insight.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 10:57:11 PM

I have never been to the Aria, but hear that all the rooms are outfitted with a commercial version of a home automation system called "Control4", another pet hobby of mine.

It's amazing!!!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
BitMonkey

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 11:08:09 PM

This Again.
Congratulations this is amazing.

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 12:04:03 AM

Very cool! I'd wish I could be there to meet you  Embarrassed

DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 12:59:09 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2012, 01:16:44 AM by DoomDumas

As much as all of us here understand the clever ideas behind Bitcoin, and as much most of us have vested interest and biases, we should try to see things from outsider's perspective. Presently Bitcoin is an obscure, niche experiment in p2p networking and economics. Smart people from PayPal and and similar corporations, even from governments, will appreciate and embrace the underlying innovations only if we help them to.  Bitcoiners bashing on big guys at this moment seems pathetic and laughable, and in case is not productive.

Agree !

You guys work hard for sure, this is so awesome, you must keep up with the hard work !  Bitcoin community needs you, and more peoples like you, that gives everything for the success of BTC !

You rule !  have a nice time there Cheesy

nice gfx of Charlie here Smiley   (From featured speaker)

Xtal

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 01:14:24 AM

Being close to PayPal was a fantastic idea. They have a HUGE customer base. I would imagine being close to them further legitimizes BitCoin, and peaks a lot of interest. Plus, it gets you closer to the people of influence. I hope you guys get a lot of attention. Very well executed!
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 02:03:15 AM

Awesome shit boys.

The bitinstant boys were certainly busy and this time, unlike CES, I noticed most of the people coming up and talking to them really knew what they were talking about.  Maybe I got lucky, but a guy asks about limits, claims he already has bought bitcoins, wonders what they think the price in the future will be, etc.  Another had bitcoins in a blockchain.info wallet and was firing them on satoshidice while we watched the live feedback from both a laptop with recent bets streaming and his phone-wallet.  Others inquired about bitinstant merchant services - from the short time I was there it seems to me like the buzz around the room was there, something I didn't feel in CES.  Again, small sample size, and this conference seems more likely to have bitcoin on the various entities' radars, and bitcoin maybe grew up that much more since whenever CES was.

Having a bitcoin presence in these conferences make me very happy.   Seeing an increase in understanding of bitcoin was even more awesome.

going to have Charlie Sherm on representing the bitcoin foundation on DD radio on the 31st of this month, was glad to meet him.

obv the Paypal giant super-booth that you have already seen:

and "Mastercard worldwide" on the other side:

and obviously just for the lulz

Was awesome to meet Erik, to shake the hand of the blockchain blower-upper himself, and of course the operator of the most popular BTC gaming product ever. 

Keep spreading the BTC gospel boys!  Awesome setup, hope bitinstant prospers and anyone needing to make SealsWithClubs deposits I always refer them to bitinstant first.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 02:22:28 AM

This conference is a huge success.
I can't count how many VC company execs and decision makers at various payment companies I spoke with today.
I set up more blockchain.info mobile wallets than I can count, and gave each person 0.01 BTC to get them started seeing how easy it was to use.
Everyone was super interested and were brainstorming ideas on how they can use Bitcoin in their current business model.

I am sure lots of new products will come into existence thanks to this conference.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: