Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 06:23:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hearn Banned from #Bitcoin-dev  (Read 5056 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:04:16 PM

the BIP101 bible thumpers will do and say anything, with no shame or compunction, in order to impress an alternate reality on Bitcoin. You're sociopaths.

Carlton... take a deep breath... let it out slowly...  relax...

We're just talking in a forum.

Nobody is thumping any bibles or "doing" anything.

Tongue

brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:13:16 PM

the BIP101 bible thumpers will do and say anything, with no shame or compunction, in order to impress an alternate reality on Bitcoin. You're sociopaths.

Tongue

To be fair it can be unnerving to deal with blatantly dishonest shills of your kind  Undecided

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:16:36 PM

Tongue

To be fair it can be unnerving to deal with blatantly dishonest shills of your kind  Undecided

Blatantly.  Tongue

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:32:40 PM

Well, I feel fortunate that unnerved is not what I am experiencing. I think jonald is proving he understands how this tactic works though.

Just keep repeating repeating repeating jonald, it will work eventually Cheesy 

Vires in numeris
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 11:06:06 PM

I l'ost patience with thèse people and régressed to 2nd grade dealing with them pré teenage bullshieto
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 11:11:17 PM

So Hearn got banned
Haven't been paying much attention to the dev stuff guess I have no opinion other than dev unity seems low.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 11:33:46 PM

You, jonald, knight22 and the rest of the BIP101 bible thumpers will do and say anything, with no shame or compunction, in order to impress an alternate reality on Bitcoin. You're sociopaths.

You give them too much credit; they are none of those things.

The Gavinistas are only the punchline to a very funny joke.

Code:
[10:53:12] <Naphex> wumpus: that hearnban was best thing all month / grats
[10:56:07] <wumpus> Naphex: yeah, it was about time

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 12:01:04 AM

You, jonald, knight22 and the rest of the BIP101 bible thumpers will do and say anything, with no shame or compunction, in order to impress an alternate reality on Bitcoin. You're sociopaths.

It's true, sociopathy is supposedly a learnt form of psychopathy, and it's pretty obvious that learning is not their strong suit.

Vires in numeris
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 12:02:31 AM

It's true, sociopathy is supposedly a learnt form of psychopathy, and it's pretty obvious that learning is not their strong suit.

anyone who is in favor of bip101 is a psychopath.  sounds legit.

hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 12:04:05 AM

So Hearn got banned
Haven't been paying much attention to the dev stuff guess I have no opinion other than dev unity seems low.

cool story bro.
brg444

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 12:07:25 AM

anyone who is in favor of bip101 is a psychopath.  sounds legit.

sounds about right to me

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 12:09:46 AM

anyone who is in favor of bip101 is a psychopath.  sounds legit.

sounds about right to me

yup. either they are being plain ignorants or shameless frauds.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 12:26:06 AM

So Hearn got banned

Hearn is barely a BTC dev.  His important contributions are miniscule, as he mostly focused on SPV schemes to destroy trustlessness.

Actual dev unity is very high, especially after all the team building fun at the #ScalingBitcoin confab.

Gmax might complain about social strokes, but throwing Hearn (and Garzik?) under the bus had the desired salubrious clarifying effects.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 12:34:07 AM

Gmax might complain about social strokes, but throwing Hearn (and Garzik?) under the bus had the desired salubrious clarifying effects.

Has Garzik been misbehaving too?

Vires in numeris
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 12:40:19 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2015, 12:51:39 AM by hdbuck

he's been the one pretending to be somehow offended with hearn's ban from the logs. real drama queen, pretending hearns ideas are somehow worth anything for a start..

but then again coming from someone working for the fail of a company that bitpay is makes it even more ironic..

oh and not even mention his bip100 fraud.. Roll Eyes
brg444

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 12:51:01 AM

he's been the one pretending to be somehow offended with hearn's ban from the logs. real drama queen, pretending hearns ideas are somehow worth anything for a start..

but then again coming from someone working for the fail of a company that bitpay is makes it even more ironic..

+1

Jeff is a troll at this point. Always stepping in between lines trying to hurt no feelings and coming out with the most retarded miner voting BIPS.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 12:55:20 AM

Oh well. He's been increasing less relevant anyway, although he's made countless large & small contributions to Bitcoin in the past. I suppose you could say the same for Hearn and Andresen, but Jeff Garzik has been more valuable to bitcoin development than both of them together. It's true that BIP100 is not one of his more valuable efforts (what a massive surprise that miners preferred the solution that puts them in charge  Cheesy )

Vires in numeris
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 12:58:53 AM

+1

Jeff is a troll at this point. Always stepping in between lines trying to hurt no feelings and coming out with the most retarded miner voting BIPS.

+2

Narrow code-warring aside, Garzik is not ideologically aligned Team Cypherpunk.  He's retweeting hand-waving "Why won't Someone do Something" posts in favor of grabbing guns.

Not a True Libertarian confirmed.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
poeEDgar

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 12:59:55 AM

I give Garzik some credit for making a clear effort to find middle ground and put emphasis on consensus, rather than pandering to the outright alarmism of BIP101. I actually think that if we are going to raise the block size limit, that it should take similar form to Garzik's BIP102 -- a simple doubling, a minimal incremental approach. Although it probably makes sense to wait until demand actually warrants doing so.

I've read alot of your exchanges, and you've done incredibly well to maintain your composure in the face of such relentless and willful illogic.

I hope you can now agree that this behaviour cannot be anything but entirely conceited. Dishonest participants, who will do or say anything, no matter the internal contradictions, to force their position on the issue. All while complaining that they're being censored and oppressed.

What's next, Hearn and Andresen complaining to some authority figure or other about how their great idea is being oppressed by the people who are not clever enough to choose it freely?

Thanks, I appreciate that. Indeed, it's frustrating debating with people that take a dishonest and disingenuous approach. I put up with it for a bit, but at some point, you can only call it what it is.

Quote from: Gavin Andresen
I woulda thunk you were old enough to be confident that technology DOES improve. In fits and starts, but over the long term it definitely gets better.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 01:09:35 AM

So Hearn got banned

Hearn is barely a BTC dev.  His important contributions are miniscule, as he mostly focused on SPV schemes to destroy trustlessness.

Actual dev unity is very high, especially after all the team building fun at the #ScalingBitcoin confab.

It's just name recognition
Hearn is one of those devs you hear a lot about along with Gavin, Maxwell etc.
I'll believe you though Ice on unity.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: