Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:45:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Smart Miner 3.0  (Read 5603 times)
bbOOmm (OP)

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:10:39 PM

I was searching Craigslist and found a guy selling some S5's and a few Smart Miner 3.0 miners ...

So I looked up what a Smart Miner 3.0 is  and came across the website:

https://www.minerslab.com/product/smart-miner-3-0-rack-mount-20ths-bitcoin-miner/

I also came across some board chatter from skeptics and whatnot who were commenting that it has to be a scam. These comments were posted months ago...  HOWEVER, no proof. I have not run across any comments or rants that people have been scammed, nor have I run across any comments about how the Smart Miner 3.0 works in the real world ( not just on the minerslab.com site )

I'm assuming some people have purchased these units... at lease one person did, the person selling them on Craigslist.

So, is there any definite proof the Smart Miner 3.0 is a scam?
If someone bought some, how are they working for you? (screen shots would be awesome)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:16:00 PM

I was searching Craigslist and found a guy selling some S5's and a few Smart Miner 3.0 miners ...

So I looked up what a Smart Miner 3.0 is  and came across the website:

https://www.minerslab.com/product/smart-miner-3-0-rack-mount-20ths-bitcoin-miner/

I also came across some board chatter from skeptics and whatnot who were commenting that it has to be a scam. These comments were posted months ago...  HOWEVER, no proof. I have not run across any comments or rants that people have been scammed, nor have I run across any comments about how the Smart Miner 3.0 works in the real world ( not just on the minerslab.com site )

I'm assuming some people have purchased these units... at lease one person did, the person selling them on Craigslist.

If someone bought some, how are they working for you? (screen shots would be awesome)

I think I remember reading about the SMART miner awhile ago.  If you look at their website, they are offering 20TH/s for 2100 watts of power.  That is half the power consumption of Bitmains brand new chip.  I find it hard to believe that a company no one has ever heard of has somehow developed a chip that beats the leading manufacturer in the Bitcoin space, not by a little, but literally blowing their machines out of the water.

Contact the guy on Craigslist and ask to see the miner and see them in action.  I would not buy a thing unless he can verify in person that it indeed gets 20TH/s while using 2100 watts of power.  That sounds way to good to be true, and usually when it is too good to be true, it usually is.

EDIT: I am also fairly sure that the picture they are using on their website is a stock photo that many scams have used time and time again of an old computer, can't remember the name off of the top of my head though.  Also, not sure why they would mention you can plug a mouse and keyboard into it, that means nothing and shouldn't really do anything.  Also, have 2 Ethernet ports is a little weird.  Personally, just too many little weird things that collectively add up to equaling scam.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:19:49 PM

Scam, stay away.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
bbOOmm (OP)

Activity: 277

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:22:23 PM

Not to be rude, but that is the same exact thing I have been reading.... speculation, guessing, thinking etc. No proof or evidence

I'm looking for PROOF ... either that is is a scam, or actually something that works.

As for contacting the guy, I have, just awaiting a response.

I also came across some board chatter from skeptics and whatnot who were commenting that it has to be a scam. These comments were posted months ago...  HOWEVER, no proof. I have not run across any comments or rants that people have been scammed, nor have I run across any comments about how the Smart Miner 3.0 works in the real world ( not just on the minerslab.com site )

I think I remember reading about the SMART miner awhile ago.  If you look at their website, they are offering 20TH/s for 2100 watts of power.  That is half the power consumption of Bitmains brand new chip.  I find it hard to believe that a company no one has ever heard of has somehow developed a chip that beats the leading manufacturer in the Bitcoin space, not by a little, but literally blowing their machines out of the water.

Contact the guy on Craigslist and ask to see the miner and see them in action.  I would not buy a thing unless he can verify in person that it indeed gets 20TH/s while using 2100 watts of power.  That sounds way to good to be true, and usually when it is too good to be true, it usually is.

EDIT: I am also fairly sure that the picture they are using on their website is a stock photo that many scams have used time and time again of an old computer, can't remember the name off of the top of my head though.  Also, not sure why they would mention you can plug a mouse and keyboard into it, that means nothing and shouldn't really do anything.  Also, have 2 Ethernet ports is a little weird.  Personally, just too many little weird things that collectively add up to equaling scam.
majestymage

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 03:23:05 PM

my bet is that this thing is a scam

██████
                                             ██████▄▄
                                             ██████  ▀▀▀▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄▄▄▄                             ▄▀ █ ▀▄         █▀████
         █████          ████             ▄▀   █   ▀▄     ▄▀   █
         █████          ████       ▄▄▄▄▄▀     █     ▀▄ ▄▀    █
       ▄▀     █         █▀▄█▀▄     █████     █       ▄▀▄    █
     ▄▀        ▀▄      █▄█▄▄█▄▀█▀▀▀█████     █     ▄▀   ▀▄ █
█████      ▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀█ █   ▀▄  ▀▄   █ █     █   ▄▀     █████
████████▀▀▀       █  █  █    █    ▀▄█   █  ████▄▀       █████
█████   ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█  █      █    █▀▄   █▄████         ▄▀
                  ▀█▀▀███     ▀▄  █  ▄█▀▀  █          ▄▀
                  █  ▄▀▀▀      █ █▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  █       ▄▀
             ░█████▄▀         ████        ▀▀▄█    ▄▀
              █████           ████▀▀▀▄▄▄      ███████
              ▀▀▀▀▀                     ▀▀▀▄▄▄███████
                                              ███████
                                              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
/iTEX/./INNOVATING TRADING EXCHANGE/.
/Whitepaper/ /Sign Up/ /Buy Token Now/

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:35:22 PM

Not to be rude, but that is the same exact thing I have been reading.... speculation, guessing, thinking etc. No proof or evidence

I'm looking for PROOF ... either that is is a scam, or actually something that works.
Unfortunately this community has had to shift to a "Guilty until proven innocent" mentality to protect ourselves.  ANY and ALL manufacturers that have actually shipped miners and have legitimate operations have overcome this obstacle without problem, by providing review units to reputable members of the community.  ANY and ALL manufacturers that are trying to rip people off, have not.  So you are free to make up your mind as you see fit. 

If you want concrete proof, send them money for a pre-order (or to the guy on craigslist...) and wait to see if it comes and let us know. If you want the opinion of those of us that have been around here long enough to have both been ripped off and learned to prevent it from happening to ourselves and others again, listen to the speculation, guessing, thinking, etc.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:44:04 PM

its a scam 100%

these craigslist sellers will not sell in person.. they are remotely posting on CL from other locations and trying to phish people into sending money for them.. you will guaranteed never meet up with this guy nor see them hashing
Dr_Victor

Activity: 954

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 04:02:54 PM

I am interested in Smart miner 3.0 too. It is hard to believe that 20Th miner uses only 2100 w. But I sent two messages to them and now wondering how to visit the MinersLab personally. Huh

yobit.net is banned from signatures
Unblock64

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 04:22:33 PM

I am interested in Smart miner 3.0 too. It is hard to believe that 20Th miner uses only 2100 w. But I sent two messages to them and now wondering how to visit the MinersLab personally. Huh

Visit from the future and alien Techology.

Dork company looking for new naive people .
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 09:19:20 PM

EDIT: I am also fairly sure that the picture they are using on their website is a stock photo that many scams have used time and time again of an old computer, can't remember the name off of the top of my head though.  Also, not sure why they would mention you can plug a mouse and keyboard into it, that means nothing and shouldn't really do anything.  Also, have 2 Ethernet ports is a little weird.  Personally, just too many little weird things that collectively add up to equaling scam.

The proof of scam is the obvious lack of proof of truth. Do you see anyone here that have one of them and is mining away? Did anyone get a prototype to test it and make a early review? Did anyone get a chip sample from the manufacturer?

No. No. No. Not Legit.

Hmm, well we have proof thats its not legit. Whether thats proof that it is a scam or not is up to you to decide.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
BLOCK_C

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:22:39 PM

These companies are just a test of avarice versus intelligence.  It's like saying I'll sell you a car that gets 1000 mpg but no one else has one and it's top secret.  If they had a real product people would know who they are and people would be buying from them.  The only real companies with a chip I know of right now are:

Bitfury
Bitmain
Avalon
Spondoolies
Sfards
KNC
BW/Bitbank is working on one

For the most part if it's not one of those companies, it's probably a scam.
subvectus

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:02:52 PM

IMHO it's a scam . . . . .

I paid by July 6th, $4,710 and from then is my order put in hold. All my further requests were disappeared in silence unless I make a new inquiry as a new "unknown" customer, then I get feedback immediately.

So , when you want to buy and you're willing to pay,  you're welcome, otherwise there is wall of bouncing silence.

EDIT: I am also fairly sure that the picture they are using on their website is a stock photo that many scams have used time and time again of an old computer, can't remember the name off of the top of my head though.  Also, not sure why they would mention you can plug a mouse and keyboard into it, that means nothing and shouldn't really do anything.  Also, have 2 Ethernet ports is a little weird.  Personally, just too many little weird things that collectively add up to equaling scam.

The proof of scam is the obvious lack of proof of truth. Do you see anyone here that have one of them and is mining away? Did anyone get a prototype to test it and make a early review? Did anyone get a chip sample from the manufacturer?

No. No. No. Not Legit.

Hmm, well we have proof thats its not legit. Whether thats proof that it is a scam or not is up to you to decide.
Minerslab_RIP

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 08:41:22 AM

Anyone who EVER got their order shipped, or even got any e-mail response from them after submitting payment - please share your experience here:
https://www.facebook.com/MinersLab.is.a.Fraud/
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 10:45:27 AM

These companies are just a test of avarice versus intelligence.  It's like saying I'll sell you a car that gets 1000 mpg but no one else has one and it's top secret.  If they had a real product people would know who they are and people would be buying from them.  The only real companies with a chip I know of right now are:

Bitfury
Bitmain
Avalon
Spondoolies
Sfards
KNC
BW/Bitbank is working on one

For the most part if it's not one of those companies, it's probably a scam.

Innosilicon - A3 is possibly the chip going into the BW/ Lketc /Bitbank B-Eleven.
                  A4 is Scrypt

Looks like the Alcheminer folks are working on a next-gen chip too, but that's Scrypt only not SHA256.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 11:08:31 AM

The first thing i always check a website is the WHOIS, which seems to be ok:
Registrant Name: Andrew Chiffer
Registrant Organization: MinersLab Ltd.
Registrant Street: 7 High St.
Registrant City: Andover
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code: SP10 1LJ
Registrant Country: GB
Registrant Phone: +44.1183150385
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: anchiffer@mail.com

Although you can make that up offcourse.
Also there is an address + phone number on the website.

Call them and google the owner.

The terms seems to be like any legitmate EU owner should do by law:

Your right of cancellation under the Consumer Contracts Regulations
You may cancel the contract under the Consumer Contracts Regulations by notifying us no later than 14 calendar days after we deliver the goods that you are cancelling the contract. We strongly recommend that you do this by using our on-line contact form – see our Contact Us page for details.
If you cancel the contract under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, you must take reasonable care of the goods from the time you receive them until you return them to us.
If you cancel the contract under the Consumer Contracts Regulations you must return the goods to us at your own expense.
If you cancel the contract under the Consumer Contracts Regulations and do not return the goods as required, we may charge you our direct costs of recovering the goods.

In other words, it looks good but you are advised to do proper research.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 11:19:37 AM

This doesn't really make sense. If you are going to scam people either way why not try to scam with a product that is actually out on the market like an Antminer S5 or S7.

Trying to scam people with hardware that doesn't exist makes it very hard to get away with. These scammers don't make sense.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:34:08 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2015, 04:47:16 PM by toptek

Here we go again with The Smart miner does it even exist ? . Sorry couldn't resist the temptation to Joke ? . Price even went up it looks like lol .  Show us there is one .

I saw a add one time on one of the mining pools that has it own  exchange and store. the guy there tiring to sell it said he would even help you finance it, all you needed was a Credit Score of 670 or so . I LMAO for a few hours, that made my day, i sure hope no one feel for it, He, Polly, wanted some kind of down payment to start the finance sense it was a  service hes was offering, once he got it, you never heard from him again .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:52:24 PM

Here we go again with The Smart miner does it even exist ? . Sorry couldn't resist the temptation to Joke ? . Price even went up it looks like lol .  Show us there is one .

I saw a add one time on one of the mining pools that has it own  exchange and store. the guy there tiring to sell it said he would even help you finance it, all you needed was a Credit Score of 670 or so . I LMAO for a few hours, that made my day, i sure hope no one feel for it, He, Polly, wanted some kind of down payment to start the finance sense it was a  service hes was offering, once he got it, you never heard from him again .

It obviously is not a real miner.  They have some sort of server box sitting there claiming to be 20TH monster.  I mean look at 20TH power.... where are all the PSU's? Simple stuff does not add up.

I hope anyone who thought about ordering would search it here.  But it's sad if they get 1 sale they can keep up a scam site like that for a LONG time.  If no one ordered at least they would lose money running it.  But it's sad always seems to be a few who said they tried it.
subvectus

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:30:56 PM

No. No. No. Not Legit.

I guess that's a time to be rude, if you spend there a fortune and forecast is grounding zero, then you have no other choice.

btw did you know that they have a skype: minerslab . . . . . lets buts their balls same way like they doing to us.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:04:00 AM

IMHO it's a scam . . . . .

I paid by July 6th, $4,710 and from then is my order put in hold. All my further requests were disappeared in silence unless I make a new inquiry as a new "unknown" customer, then I get feedback immediately.

So , when you want to buy and you're willing to pay,  you're welcome, otherwise there is wall of bouncing silence.

No. No. No. Not Legit.

and you got ripped off , LOL, sorry but i do feel for you thu , i couldn't resist .That said poeple that have no reguard at all for anyone else shouldn't even Be allowed a court day just take them out back in the deep woods some place beat them to death, how ever we can't do that any more legally, but that how i see them but that's old school I won't do it and when that was allowed there wasn't much of this type of crime going on .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: