Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:29:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sooo, What reputable mining rig manufactures are left?  (Read 1144 times)
bbOOmm (OP)

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 04:30:50 PM

I know Antminer.... That's what I use now, S2's on free electricity and S5's at home. But it seems (from what I'm reading" that Antminer mines with the rigs before shipping so the technology is abit behind the leading edge.

SpondooliesTech, but looking at their website, it looks a little fishy with EVERYTHING "Out of Stock"... looks like they are closing up shop?

What else is out there?

I'm finally getting into a position to buy some decent hashpower - somewhere between 50 and 100TH/s

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 04:48:17 PM

Antminer mines with the rigs before shipping
Speculation by people who don't like Bitmain. Products are created in giant batches and are racked until sold, warranty is the same as ever.

SpondooliesTech, but looking at their website, it looks a little fishy with EVERYTHING "Out of Stock"... looks like they are closing up shop?
Selling under NDA and to large buyers only.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:47:05 PM

Speculation by people who don't like Bitmain. Products are created in giant batches and are racked until sold, warranty is the same as ever.

Oh come on you can't say the Antminers aren't mined on a fair amount before shipping, now I don't think it is excessive but probably a week "burn in".

It depends on how long the batch remains open.  They do make them in batches.  So if you order at first of batch yes yours was used less.

But if a batch remains open on their site and they do not sell out the miners are still mining in a data center until sold.  They don't mine for a week and then box them up.  So buying early is your best bet to get it with the least burn in possible.

But really no matter how long they mine with it the warranty is the same.   And in these day's miners mine a LOT more then they once did when 90 day ROI.  So even if they mined it for a month that is not a huge amount of that miners life at this point.
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:59:38 PM

Very simple these Days, be they run in or new, Bitmain is the only game in Town unless you have a very large mining facility.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
bbOOmm (OP)

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:35:09 PM

Well, I don't have a large facility, but I have 240VAC @ 200A capacity... metered separate from the house.

I have been running my mining ops as a small business for some time now. I missed the big hoopala with the $1100 BTC. I got into mining when it was around $750 BTC - started mining with the Antminer U1's, then BTC Garden blades, and Block Erupter Cubes, mined with a pile of BFL SC60's, Avalon 1's, then Avalon 2's, had a splattering of Antminer S1's, then got Antminer S2's, I skipped the S3/S4, but then picked up some S5's. I'm not really new to mining, but I have not been paying attention to who's selling what and what is available. It has been too confusing and muddy with scams and companies that seem to only be around for a couple months then poof, gone.

I've been looking at the Antminer S7. ( I still need to calculate ROI with the S7's), BUT the S7... that's like hobbyist / consumer grade. There's better profitability with the more commercial grade SpondooliesTech SP50, but with no way of calculating out ROI due to lack of price and their website saying -out of stock- .... it becomes a problem to see if SP50s would be feasible to try and obtain. It must have a decent ROI if large farms are buying them. ... or are they? Who's running them?

What are some of the other "commercial" mining equipment manufacturers??? I would like to see what is out there.

Dave

Very simple these Days, be they run in or new, Bitmain is the only game in Town unless you have a very large mining facility.

Rich
RichBC

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:40:23 PM

Only way to find out on the SP50 is to contact SpondooliesTech direct, however from what i have read unless you are already on the Guest List or are up for a large number of units then you are out of luck. Which in simple terms leaves you with the S7.  Smiley

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
Meech

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:18:11 PM

I agree there is some Bitmain bashing.  Overall a good company even "trustworthy" to a point.
But there is sufficient evidence that some of these machines have ran for an extended time in a dirty facility.
The Denver facility received my S4 clean as a whistle..  4 days later there was heavy dust and muck on its return.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:34:23 PM

Only way to find out on the SP50 is to contact SpondooliesTech direct, however from what i have read unless you are already on the Guest List or are up for a large number of units then you are out of luck. Which in simple terms leaves you with the S7.  Smiley

Rich

Even if they sell individual units at some time (which I do not think will happen on S50), it would be at a pretty sizable cost.  We don't know cost but for the 110T machine ready to go with PSU's it is not going to be cheap.

The thing I am hopeful is they skiped SP40.... so we can hope one day once the larger customers are filled maybe they throw us a SP40 series for hobby miners.
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:18:20 PM

as far as i know around a year ago there was antminer, zeus and GAW. but zeus and GAW have both crumbled, so i guess that leaves antminer, not sure if bitfury is still around

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
RichBC

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:01:31 PM

Bitfury very much still around, and may have the best ASIC available Today with their 16nm 0.06J/GH chip which is reported to have taped out. However they will be keeping it to themselves...

Rich

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:32:51 PM

Currently bitmain is the only company left selling ASICs to the hobby/home miner.

I will be grabbing the R1, I need a repeater.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 08:50:08 PM

Currently bitmain is the only company left selling ASICs to the hobby/home miner.

I will be grabbing the R1, I need a repeater.

I'm not too thrilled with the R1, but if someone come up with custom firmware for it, it might be interesting to use for the sake of minimizing your network load. For a stock one, you can only mine at Antpool and there is a fee and its solo mining. So, pretty useless application to my current setup as is.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 08:16:36 AM

It's doubtfull that Bitfury will keep their chip entirely to themselves, but they do limit their sales to LARGE mining farm operators that are capable of doing their own board-level work (MegaBigPower has a LONGstanding relationship with Bitfury, for example) from what I've read.
 Also, it's not real likely the chip is in production in significant quantities yet - 16nm/14nm processes have had a LOT of issues and apparently are still very low yield.

KnC claims their 16nm Solar chip is in production, but apparently they are having major yield issues (fairly low hashrate increases out of their farm since the "in production" announcement) and they have already said they won't be selling it.
 Given KnC's track record on UNreliability of their miners and excessively long delivery delays, I don't class them getting out of "retail" sales to be a loss.

Innosilicon announced tape-out of their new generation of chips (one SHA256 one Scrypt).
 Lketc has announced a 16NM-based 5TH miner that appears to be aimed at a December release probably based on the announced Innosilicon A3 but no hard data yet.

Some unconfirmed rumours about an Avalon 6 machine, 3.5TH at quite a bit lower cost and slightly less efficiency than the S7 claimed to be for an October timeframe release, but some significant concerns about the posibility of it being a scam by the site that announced pre-orders for it.

As I understand it, GAW never made their own hardware - just relabled gear from other folks.

Zeus is apparently still around (see the Innosilicon "farm boy" thread elsewhere) but it somewhat of a "rump" form. I can see a possibility of them comming out with an Innosilicon A4-based machine (or line of machines) though, given they appear to have forged some sort of a working arangement with Innosilicon.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: