Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:05:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Acution scammer camelson  (Read 1206 times)
idyu (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:36:30 PM

The user did put some account for auction here :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1196171

He said it will finish is 48 hours and it have passed allready but then he claims he will cancel it if he does not meet the required ammount! but he did not even said what would be the required ammount!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:37:15 PM

Please make a proper scam report.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:43:46 PM

He said it will finish is 48 hours and it have passed allready but then he claims he will cancel it if he does not meet the required ammount! but he did not even said what would be the required ammount!

How he is a scammer just by saying that ? He said on the Original post "End Date: Auction Will Be closed with in 48 Hours, and If i didnt reach the require value i will cancel it."
I found this normal , His auction , his rules .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:45:53 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auction

Reserve auction is an auction where the item for sale may not be sold if the final bid is not high enough to satisfy the seller; that is, the seller reserves the right to accept or reject the highest bid. In these cases a set 'reserve' price known to the auctioneer, but not necessarily to the bidders, may have been set, below which the item may not be sold. The reserve price may be fixed or discretionary. In the latter case, the decision to accept a bid is deferred to the auctioneer, who may accept a bid that is marginally below it. A reserve auction is safer for the seller than a no-reserve auction as they are not required to accept a low bid, but this could result in a lower final price if less interest is generated in the sale.

sorry man. but unless there is a rule of this forum that stated otherwise, it is perfectly okay to set a hidden required amount.
idyu (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:51:40 PM

i dont think so that this is ok so where is the point in auctions then ?
Shield

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:57:02 PM

Its not a scam
Seller can have a reserve price for auction and cancel the auction if it doesn't meet minimum reserved price
idyu (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:59:27 PM

and where is the reserved price?

if he not tell the price this auctions is not fair because he can claim if someone did bib .19 that his price was .2 or if someone did bid .21 that his price was .22 Wink
mexxer-2

Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:01:41 PM

if he not tell the price this auctions is not fair because he can claim if someone did bib .19 that his price was .2 or if someone did bid .21 that his price was .22 Wink
It is hidden i.e in his mind, so he is more or less able to cancel any bid.
idyu (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:02:53 PM

Then the Auction section is just usless , because anyone can just claim that his reserved price is not meet!
rapsaodan84

Activity: 218
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:04:07 PM

I don't like auctions with hidden reserve price so I choose not to bid on them. but of course it's not a scam. rules are clear and you can freely decide if you want to bid
The important part is that rules are clearly set
camelson
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:07:23 PM

What do you think, I will sell you my account for .13 BTC, which is worth .2 BTC?
Secondly I also Posted that I reserved the Right to cancel that auction if I didnt receive the Required/ desired amount
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 06:08:09 PM

Then the Auction section is just usless , because anyone can just claim that his reserved price is not meet!

Well yes, but instead of opening a scam report I would suggest you ask for the reserve price or ignore the auction. If someone wants to make a "waste of time" auction with a hidden reserve, ignore it and dont try to lawyer your way into a cheap account later. I know you did not bid, but from the energy you put into this you seem involved.

What do you think, I will sell you my account for .13 BTC, which is worth .2 BTC?
Secondly I also Posted that I reserved the Right to cancel that auction if I didnt receive the Required/ desired amount

Yeah, the point is that you did not state the desired amount.

Why start at 0.13 and set buy it now to 0.21 if you want 0.2 anyway? You just waste peoples time with useless bids. I would not call that a scam though.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:08:58 PM

not every auction have a hidden price. and the auctioneer have to state that they have a hidden reserve price before the auction started.

besides, the auctioneer's reputation will take a (very small) hit if he/she canceled the auction because the hidden price was not met.
idyu (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:42:30 PM

not every auction have a hidden price. and the auctioneer have to state that they have a hidden reserve price before the auction started.

besides, the auctioneer's reputation will take a (very small) hit if he/she canceled the auction because the hidden price was not met.

Ok where did he said he gave a hidden price !?
mexxer-2

Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:44:46 PM

Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1196171.msg12553634#msg12553634 see the last sentence.
beepboopbeep

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:49:29 PM

I bought an account from camelson and it was not a scam.
idyu (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:51:46 PM

Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1196171.msg12553634#msg12553634 see the last sentence.

fine then the auction section is usless like i said
justscrewit

Activity: 190

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:54:05 PM

fine then the auction section is usless like i said
Whatever you make of it but bidder should first agree the terms placed by the auctioner, and in this case one of the terms was that auctioner reserves the right to cancel the auction if the last bid doesn't meet his reserved price

ajrah

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 03:15:31 PM

I'm not trying to be a smart a** here but if Camelson posted the "hidden" price then, it's not "hidden" anymore   Grin
this thread would not be existing if Camelson stated on his OP that there is a reserved price.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: