Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:08:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is NOT an MLM kind of ponzi  (Read 3025 times)
neonshium (OP)

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 09:28:45 AM

Some people claim bitcoin will give good returns to only for early adopters not to the later entries, like MLM works.
My view,
1. Bitcoin is still in early stages, so we will get big boom from it.
2. Unlike MLM you will not loose anything because of bitcoin buying. You can use it or re-sale it.
3. Satoshi has designed bitcoin like initially as a investment later as a money. So, never afraid of it's worth.
4. Bitcoin is NOT ponzi scheme, as below
Buy--> Use = No profit no lose when used as money
Buy-->Hold-->Use = Big profit,NO Lose. Profit only when used as investment.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:21:33 PM

Bitcoin will only go up in the future, the big picture will look like this:

So let them do their hating and focus on your own business, which should be getting as much BTC possible while it's still possible to obtain 1 BTC without needing to be already rich. Owning 1 BTC will be the equivalent of owning BRK type A stocks. It's beyond me how some people still not realize this fact. Owning 1 unit of BTC: buying a parcel in the most important network ever.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 08:26:30 PM

So let them do their hating and focus on your own business, which should be getting as much BTC possible while it's still possible to obtain 1 BTC without needing to be already rich. Owning 1 BTC will be the equivalent of owning BRK type A stocks. It's beyond me how some people still not realize this fact. Owning 1 unit of BTC: buying a parcel in the most important network ever.

Every great technology, scientist, etc.. was made fun off, bashed and was put down before his invention or himself wasn't recognized. It's just how it goes in this world, it's just a human nature.

Until then, let's keep getting those coins. That's at least how I think.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 08:28:44 PM

Some people claim bitcoin will give good returns to only for early adopters not to the later entries, like MLM works.
My view,
2. Unlike MLM you will not loose anything because of bitcoin buying. You can use it or re-sale it.
3. Satoshi has designed bitcoin like initially as a investment later as a money. So, never afraid of it's worth.

Nobody has control over your Bitcoin but you, unless you leaked the key anyways.

As such its completely impossible to be a Ponzi or a scam, since no one has control over your invested money. Its just like stock however, the Bitcoin's value can go up and down. But when people realize the impact BTC is slowly gaining, then maybe the mass will realize that it is starting a revolution.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 09:10:07 PM

Owning 1 unit of BTC: buying a parcel in the most important network ever.
This or it will be worth nothing. Before Bitcoin will be recognized as true revolution it can be 20 years from now or never.... u can't know :/
I will invest again tho in near future.
GermanGiant

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 09:43:10 PM

Owning 1 unit of BTC: buying a parcel in the most important network ever.
This or it will be worth nothing. Before Bitcoin will be recognized as true revolution it can be 20 years from now or never.... u can't know :/
I will invest again tho in near future.
Do it before the block halving Wink
Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:06:03 PM

My view,

I think there isn't any relationship between Bitcoin and MLM or Ponzi schemes, because simply Bitcoin isn't system of inv or some program of HYIP or MLM where you have to invest and risk your money , win or lose. Bitcoin is currency, like Dollar and Euro, i don't see any difference between Bitcoin and those currencies. And i think no one says that Dollar or Euro are MLM or Ponzi Schemes.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 10:09:13 PM

Some people claim bitcoin will give good returns to only for early adopters not to the later entries

Who says this?

Nothing I've read says that late adopters of bitcoin are expected to be left "holding the back" as they say about ponzi schemes. Don't believe everything you hear, a lot of it is bull shit OR share your source...

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:20:39 PM

Some people claim bitcoin will give good returns to only for early adopters not to the later entries

Who says this?

Nothing I've read says that late adopters of bitcoin are expected to be left "holding the back" as they say about ponzi schemes. Don't believe everything you hear, a lot of it is bull shit OR share your source...

Its like saying Microsoft and Apple is a ponzi because you didn't buy their share when it was worthless before they became mega corps. Its pure nonsense. Smiley
Its just the nature of investing in stock and other things that share some similarities. Like Cryptocurrencies.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 10:26:48 PM

Who says this?

Its like saying Microsoft and Apple is a ponzi because you didn't buy their share when it was worthless before they became mega corps. Its pure nonsense. Smiley
Its just the nature of investing in stock and other things that share some similarities. Like Cryptocurrencies.

Oh, is that what the OP is referring to? Funny, just naive about investing it seems. Well, like stocks things can go up and down...it's not about early adopters or late adopters, it's about supply and demand!

dloghwak

Activity: 290

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:32:46 PM

Who says this?

Microsoft and Apple have an actual output, they produce something. They became more and more productive that's why the shares have gone up.
That is not the case for bitcoin.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:36:59 PM

Who says this?

Microsoft and Apple have an actual output, they produce something. They became more and more productive that's why the shares have gone up.
That is not the case for bitcoin.

Of course it is. For Bitcoin, its throughput is more and more transaction. The whole concept of Bitcoin is about moving money around and move money around it does. If for some reason the value of moving around is not realized, then just look at its market cap.

Bitcoin can provide a service that can completely revolutionize the economic management of currency/worth. That is why it is so valuable, beside its speculative value.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 06:12:35 AM

Every great technology, scientist, etc.. was made fun off, bashed and was put down before his invention or himself wasn't recognized. It's just how it goes in this world, it's just a human nature.

Until then, let's keep getting those coins. That's at least how I think.

Yep that is the voice of the bears.

Every market is BULLS VS BEARS, and both have a voice, it depends which screams louder than the other and how viable the project is , that determines who will win.

Dont worry, bulls will be the one that win this.

Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 06:32:31 AM

It's not meant to be that way but it is still exposed to all the uncertainties that made people wrongly uncategorize bitcoin giving all the wrong information and creating the negative perception. Hopefully when people get to understand bitcoin better this type of thinking will go away.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 11:06:38 AM

It's not meant to be that way but it is still exposed to all the uncertainties that made people wrongly uncategorize bitcoin giving all the wrong information and creating the negative perception. Hopefully when people get to understand bitcoin better this type of thinking will go away.

I hope so but misconception is a paramount constant with humans. Paypal took many many years and much brute force from the company to come out and become more mainstream adopted. And there are still so much misconception about it.

Now we have Bitcoin, that exist as a decentralized entity, which means its not under some company's umbrella with a lot of cash to bring it up, its up to its community. And seeing the result of elections these days, i'm not convinced leave it up to "most people" is a very effective path. But at least there are some very good sub entities that is looking up for Bitcoin.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:23:02 PM

My view,

No point in claiming bitcoin as ponzi scheme.
When bitcoin hit $1000 level, some people screamed out like that, but with a meaning and for a reason bitcoin have climbed that level. So, even in future it will go to moon.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:41:45 PM

My view,

It have no sense and any kind of connections between bitcoin and MLM or a ponzi scheme. No need to mention it as a new thing. You that has open this thread must read a little more about bitcoin then make threads about it. There are to many information in internet. Put the word "bitcoin" in google and do a search. Read what you like or want to read and will understand a little more about it. Then make a thread more serious.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 05:38:57 PM

When bitcoin hit $1000 level, some people screamed out like that, but with a meaning and for a reason bitcoin have climbed that level. So, even in future it will go to moon.
I hope its just bitcoin reason, innovation and not MtGOX scams that lead to this price :|
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 08:13:07 PM

I hope its just bitcoin reason, innovation and not MtGOX scams that lead to this price :|

Indeed, people keep saying "it went to 1000$!" "It will go back to 1000$ soon, then next 100k$ each!" And i'm like... Actually, it was MtGox that falsely doctored trade data to make it look like the price was raising. And then people bought into it expecting it to reach millions shortly or something.

In truth, if you ignore MtGox's effect, we're probably still a bit over the true value of BTC. So i would not expect 500 or 1000$ anytime soon.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 09:21:34 PM

I'll keep this coins and educate as long as I could to spread the word and let them know that bitcoin isn't that bad as they think it is. Already referred two of my friends to use bitcoins, and now they are thanking me for introducing them to this decentralized currency. Right now they aren't using their CC to purchase online but rather use bitcoins in their transactions instead. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: