Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:56:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should i start mining? (More info inside)  (Read 2036 times)
orcanice (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 11:43:43 AM

http://imgur.com/a/xTUtw

Here is the pictures of my spare room.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 11:48:23 AM

Well its kind of a no brainer, just get cheap S1/S3's and have the heat all thrown out that window. ROI should be very easy with free electricity. Try to go for 1 month ROI with S1's and 2-3 months ROI with S3's, not counting the PSU's.

I'd recommend getting some nice EVGA G2 PSU's that will last a long time, as you upgrade your miners to better suit your electrical capacity. And good PSU's also may mean less hardware failure. Any other questions? Tongue

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:31:06 PM

I would have sort of table or something that allows you to sit miners a few foot from window (i like a little space as rain/water kills miners).   But point twords window with it open and you will have a pretty easy job with a few miners going out the window on exhust.

The pictures of corners won't do you much.  You dont really want to put a miner up against a corner.  Heat stuck there behind it is not good.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 07:54:57 AM

If you have a decent budget Lketc Mintforger Dragon 1 Th/s (1000 Gh/s) will be good it can mine solo
easy and friendly it is good in a small space room like that a good ventilation set up will do!
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 02:13:29 PM

If he doesnt pay eletricity as sounds to be he can invest some money into miners new or even used,anyway,he can mine some bitcoins even roi with the current value of bitcoin ,if it raises well the roi will be faster,if he reinvest all mined coins into new equipment well he can for sure manage income and bills of equipment.

I don't agree. This reasoning is without base. The price of hardware is extremely high and it is not easy to break even and to have profit if you buy one of them. To not tell that with that profit can be able to buy new equipment (hardware to mine). This is impossible. Cannot have such profit mining with any of the mining machine in circulation (having in mind their price).
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 03:16:38 PM

If he doesnt pay eletricity as sounds to be he can invest some money into miners new or even used,anyway,he can mine some bitcoins even roi with the current value of bitcoin ,if it raises well the roi will be faster,if he reinvest all mined coins into new equipment well he can for sure manage income and bills of equipment.

I don't agree. This reasoning is without base. The price of hardware is extremely high and it is not easy to break even and to have profit if you buy one of them. To not tell that with that profit can be able to buy new equipment (hardware to mine). This is impossible. Cannot have such profit mining with any of the mining machine in circulation (having in mind their price).

Honestly it depends on your electricity price.   If someone is sitting at .15 or so.... a S7 is his only chance.   It has the highest efficiency and he can run it tiil he needs to sell it.  The hope is he run's it long enough that by the time he sells it that puts him into ROI.

But if cheap lets say .05 or something yes old gear will do great for your.  Get some S3's or other decent gear and you will likely do good.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 01:50:00 PM

There are some people doing those and well they had roi ,mined some bitcoins with used equipment and sold it again soo i guess the both connected is possible to roi, now free energy ,will lead into a roi in around 3 months or 4 months and well bitcoin price can raise meaning the time will be shorter then now,the thing is the value of bitcoin,if it reach 500 dollars in december it will mean for this person profit a good profit,i understand there is an if it happens,but the energy is the thing that makes people invest or not,since what a machine can make montly need to be deducted the cost to maintain it .
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: