Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:12:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should analysis that could potentially identify alt accounts be posted, or should the 'privacy' of individuals take priority?
Post the analysis
No, don't post the analysis

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust List Analysis - Ethics  (Read 1555 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 05:39:23 PM

I suppose the best way to see if it works would be to run it on yourself.
It doesn't work against one person, it works against all at once. I checked for my name but it wouldn't even weakly match me against anyone above 1 trust rating.

1) Can be reverse engineered
1b) Can be used to impersonate others
On both accounts the answer is: It can, but its always going to happen. You can impersonate people by name, email address, BTC address etc.

2) Overzealus witch-hunting
Again always going to happen but not entertaining it can remove most of the problems. I can also manually recheck unusual links (Ie a suggesting that John K is Theymos, or that BadBear is God).

3) Privacy
Trust lists are public AND they're compiled and posted already. If you feel there is something to hide in your trust list, then maybe that rating shouldn't be there in the first place.

4) Drama
Anything and everything will lead to more drama.

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 05:40:16 PM

So it means, alt can be reveal if only someone put his/her own trust into his/her alt by this method ?
Let see this..bring it on
No, different methodology.

Thread has been posted here, locking this one.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: