Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:28:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: btc to £1000000  (Read 3611 times)
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 11:31:15 PM

£1000000 seems unlikely for bitcoin. If bitcoin ever hit £1000000 then the £1000000 might not worth as much as £1000000 of today.
Not necessary. Of course inflation is a given since all fiats hyperinflate eventually, but defeinitely enough to retire? hell yes. Guys like the CEO of Xapo are saying they believe in 1 million per coin in every interview and he wouldn't risk his and his company reputation if there wasn't solid reason to believe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORcFGBhDDis

I also love the "Bitcoin is not going anywhere" vibe from the hosts, these naive idiots don't see it coming. It feels great being ahead of so many people. It's exactly how I felt back in the day when I was the only weirdo using internet in town.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 11:42:21 PM

Maybe we should take inflation out of the equation. How long will bitcoin reach the value of £1M (today's value) per coin? Personally I think it will be a very very long time.

I think each coin will worth about 5-10k (today's value)in 5 years, but of course I hope I am underestimating the potential.
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 11:58:23 PM

Bitcoin is THE PERFECT tool for a gov to have 100% control of it's slaves....

I have been warning of this... The govs of this world WILL try to take control of bitcoin...

They will attempt to convice the moronic public it's a wise move because it's controlled by pedos and drug lords... This is not true.

If we do nothing... I fear for the future of humanity.

DO NOT let the gov spin it's lies in your country, when they start the fight spread the truth do not allow the pigs to enslave humanity.

This. This is what I stand for.
PrimeGlitch

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 12:06:28 AM

They will abolish cash and they will never use blockchain technology, at least not a decentralized blockchain.

Thats the plan to have total control and they will do it, when it happen lots of people will be left with tons of monopoly paper, the rest will be slave of the rigged new digital money system.

Was already announced that the major banks have been throwing money at the blockchain technology.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34278163

Now. the real trick to BTC will be this. If and when they do decided ok lets go live lets bring blockchain currency to the masses via a centralized platform where every bit of money has a infinate record ever coin note fingerprint scan what ever it may be is recorded. then BTC as we know it will no longer exsist. It will be destroyed by goverment somehow.

The trick will be to get out at the right moment. Many people think that moment has long passed. For a long time now the market has been hovering around the same figure. while the difficulty level is rising at a steady rate,

Who is to say BTC was not the brain child of some shady government outfit working on a "trial" of De-centralized currency. to see what happens. to test the technology behind the networks. the equipment, the encryption the wallet's. Only to kill it off and use the system to change currency as we know it..

Who know's...

All I know is the banks getting into Blockchain technology can only spell one thing for the people...

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:17:07 AM

They will abolish cash and they will never use blockchain technology, at least not a decentralized blockchain.

Thats the plan to have total control and they will do it, when it happen lots of people will be left with tons of monopoly paper, the rest will be slave of the rigged new digital money system.

Was already announced that the major banks have been throwing money at the blockchain technology.

Now. the real trick to BTC will be this. If and when they do decided ok lets go live lets bring blockchain currency to the masses via a centralized platform where every bit of money has a infinate record ever coin note fingerprint scan what ever it may be is recorded. then BTC as we know it will no longer exsist. It will be destroyed by goverment somehow.

The trick will be to get out at the right moment. Many people think that moment has long passed. For a long time now the market has been hovering around the same figure. while the difficulty level is rising at a steady rate,

Who is to say BTC was not the brain child of some shady government outfit working on a "trial" of De-centralized currency. to see what happens. to test the technology behind the networks. the equipment, the encryption the wallet's. Only to kill it off and use the system to change currency as we know it..

Who know's...

All I know is the banks getting into Blockchain technology can only spell one thing for the people...

Damn man, that's quite some theory that you got here! Smiley

Answer me this please, when governments create this centralized blockchain with the fingerprint scans, account controls, following of money, etc.. Do you think that people will use this? Or they will turn to decentralized Bitcoin where none of this crap exists?

And OK, we can assume that if this starts happening, governments will step in and destroy Bitcoin via a 51% attack or in whatever other way, but even if they manage to do so, something else will emerge. Some other coin, some other solution will show up.

Understand this, we have tasted freedom with Bitcoin, there is no coming back now, ever again once we taisted this freedom! That's all it counts!
PrimeGlitch

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 07:49:54 AM

Who know's...

Answer me this please, when governments create this centralized blockchain with the fingerprint scans, account controls, following of money, etc.. Do you think that people will use this? Or they will turn to decentralized Bitcoin where none of this crap exists?

And OK, we can assume that if this starts happening, governments will step in and destroy Bitcoin via a 51% attack or in whatever other way, but even if they manage to do so, something else will emerge. Some other coin, some other solution will show up.

Understand this, we have tasted freedom with Bitcoin, there is no coming back now, ever again once we tasted this freedom! That's all it counts!

I am on your side with this. But people always get a "taste" of freedom.
But freedom is something that can be taken away just as quickly as it can be created.

People say this all the time.. Oh another coin would pop up yet every coin out there so far to date has yet to come close to the value bitcoin managed to break,
and if they decided to make it a "official thing" then just start bringing charges against people who operate or are involved in creating these new coins.

Not only this the upside to banks using blockchain technology is it will dramatical reduce banking fraud. which will be a massive seller for the governments and banks. Don't forget all that money they pumped into the UK US and EU banking systems in the past 10 years to bail them out.. They have had a massive kick up the ass and told to get thing fixed and use this technology.

With almost all banks trialling RFID bank cards "touch and pay" that would be perfect to link into the blockchain system. Infinite logging of every card transaction ever day. who has what money at what time,,,, dose that not sounds like a gold mine for them?

Also it would dramatical reduce the crime of money laundering. Would make it very hard for businesses to be laundering dirty money when they can just follow the block chain to see where it came from and where its going..

There more to all this crypto coin malarkey that most of us will ever know..I'm sure one day it will all come out to be some massive conspiracy somehow..

Everything is these days..
Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 09:07:39 AM

Who know's...

Understand this, we have tasted freedom with Bitcoin, there is no coming back now, ever again once we tasted this freedom! That's all it counts!

But freedom is something that can be taken away just as quickly as it can be created.

People say this all the time.. Oh another coin would pop up yet every coin out there so far to date has yet to come close to the value bitcoin managed to break,
and if they decided to make it a "official thing" then just start bringing charges against people who operate or are involved in creating these new coins.

Not only this the upside to banks using blockchain technology is it will dramatical reduce banking fraud. which will be a massive seller for the governments and banks. Don't forget all that money they pumped into the UK US and EU banking systems in the past 10 years to bail them out.. They have had a massive kick up the ass and told to get thing fixed and use this technology.

With almost all banks trialling RFID bank cards "touch and pay" that would be perfect to link into the blockchain system. Infinite logging of every card transaction ever day. who has what money at what time,,,, dose that not sounds like a gold mine for them?

Also it would dramatical reduce the crime of money laundering. Would make it very hard for businesses to be laundering dirty money when they can just follow the block chain to see where it came from and where its going..

There more to all this crypto coin malarkey that most of us will ever know..I'm sure one day it will all come out to be some massive conspiracy somehow..

I agree with most that you have written, but you are forgetting one important thing. US debt is not decreasing, it keeps increasing! Greece will not get better, just worse. Italy, Spain, Ireland, Portugal and the whole Euro zone will just get worse. You can patch the holes just to the certain point until they don't become unpatchable no more.

Another thing, looking through the history, there were always revolutions where the people were wining. In the end, people will always win.
PrimeGlitch

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 03:36:39 PM

Who know's...

I agree with most that you have written, but you are forgetting one important thing. US debt is not decreasing, it keeps increasing! Greece will not get better, just worse. Italy, Spain, Ireland, Portugal and the whole Euro zone will just get worse. You can patch the holes just to the certain point until they don't become unpatchable no more.

Another thing, looking through the history, there were always revolutions where the people were wining. In the end, people will always win.

Yes but all previous revolutions were before technology was at the level it is at today..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waetWPG_W7o

Always a good watch. Smiley
Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 07:47:18 AM

Who know's...

Yes but all previous revolutions were before technology was at the level it is at today..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waetWPG_W7o

Always a good watch. Smiley

Yes, a great documentary! Thanks for sharing it, I enjoyed watching it! Smiley
Zoomer

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 08:08:10 AM

Lets get the price of BTC to the pumped/rigged all time high first which has been hard enough for the last couple of years. Why on earth would anyone believe it could go to that price is beyond me lol
HeXaN

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 09:24:42 PM

I think the number is a bit exaggerated although i do have the confidence that bitcoin price should be much higher if the economic situation starts to worsen.
Good point, i think the same.
We want be rich, but we wont be rich with only ONE btc
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:09:29 PM

It would be possible to get around the problem of hoarding by abolishing cash, Mr Haldane said, adding: "What I think is now reasonably clear is that the payment technology embodied in [digital currency] Bitcoin has real potential."

It really is amazing.

banks want to use the blockchain technology for their own benefit without using bitcoin.

what effect this will have on bitcoin itself remains to be seen.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:11:15 PM

I think the number is a bit exaggerated although i do have the confidence that bitcoin price should be much higher if the economic situation starts to worsen.
Good point, i think the same.
We want be rich, but we wont be rich with only ONE btc

given how there's less than 21 million bitcoin and over 7 billion humans, having 1 bitcoin is an enormous luxury not many can afford.

Bitcoin are WAAAAAAY underpriced right now.

there's a reason bitcoin can be divided into pieces of 0.00000001

based on these facts it should be possible to give a rough estimate of the future price of bitcoin, assuming bitcoin will some day replace fiat completely (which may or may not happen).

using the Pareto principle along with these numbers we can even approximate the distribution and the value of bitcoin relative to current purchasing power in above scenario.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: