Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 10:57:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BlockZ - Bitcoin Block and Price Announcer [Overlay, Tray Icon]  (Read 10622 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
danieluk9

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 11:48:35 PM

Here's an idea:
Make it so if you hold your mouse in the top left of the screen it pops out, because having this black text might not always be applicable and might not be visible on all pages, but with this method you can put a little transparent background on it Smiley
LsHallo (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:19:47 AM

Here's an idea:
Make it so if you hold your mouse in the top left of the screen it pops out, because having this black text might not always be applicable and might not be visible on all pages, but with this method you can put a little transparent background on it Smiley
The idea is already submitted and i'm going to add it as soon as i'm able to develop the program again. I expect the next monday to be that date. After that i'm going to develop as fast as i can to get the program running and add all of your ideas.

To your suggestion: Nice idea,  ut it will be in the middle top of the screen because of the windows 8 features in the corners. I already have an idea. I only have to add it to the code.

I still need a third exchange... Some suggestions? BTCe?
Magnesium Coin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 10:59:47 AM

When are you coming back after vacation?  Eagerly waiting for your new release Cheesy

As per another exchange requirement you can use either "virtex" or "hitbtc".
LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 01:50:35 PM

As promised i'm back into development today. I already began to program the new window that shows up. Here is a first look for you:

(The white is only for demonstrating purposes. It's invisible afterwards)

I thought of a trigger in the top middle of the screen. If you hover the trigger it get's visible. If you then klick it the window shows up and if you leave the window it get's invisible again.

Do you think the trigger area is big enough?
What's about the click idea so you can't accidentally open it by hovering over it?
Or maybe it's better to display the window as long as you press down the mouse button on the trigger window and after that it's insible again?
Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 06:50:43 AM

As promised i'm back into development today. I already began to program the new window that shows up. Here is a first look for you:

----SNIP----

I thought of a trigger in the top middle of the screen. If you hover the trigger it get's visible. If you then klick it the window shows up and if you leave the window it get's invisible again.

What's about the click idea so you can't accidentally open it by hovering over it?
Or maybe it's better to display the window as long as you press down the mouse button on the trigger window and after that it's insible again?

The trigger area is absolutely okay ! I think the idea of "click and hold" after hovering would be much better than only hovering as someone might accidentally open the tab only by hovering instead of doing something else. So yeah ! It would be really great to implement that Smiley Keep it up dude ! Like your work very much Cheesy
LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 08:33:29 AM

----SNIP----

The trigger area is absolutely okay ! I think the idea of "click and hold" after hovering would be much better than only hovering as someone might accidentally open the tab only by hovering instead of doing something else. So yeah ! It would be really great to implement that Smiley Keep it up dude ! Like your work very much Cheesy
Today or tomorrow i'm going to upload the new version for you to try it out. It has some small API improvements and should run more stable. Also the new display is added. And maybe there is a first version of a save options button. I'll have ro see how far i can get.

I found a bug, that if a block is found the age is not calculated right away. It may take some minutes. Can someone confirm that?

Thank you for your ideas.
Magnesium Coin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 09:03:01 AM

Hope to see your updated version soon. Smiley
LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 09:06:00 AM

Hope to see your updated version soon. Smiley
I'm sorry i missed the date i promised you... I'm busy at the moment. But today afternoon i'm doing the last changes and upload a new version. The V1.4 is finally going to get real Smiley I hope you like the new way of the display.

I'm sorry but as it looks right now the 15min delay in price notifications is not going to do it into the version from today. But the 1.5 is coming soon.
LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 06:22:57 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2015, 07:39:43 PM by LsHallo

Version V1.4

After three weeks finally here is a new version for you to test it:
Dropbox
Google Drive

Some preview Screenshots:

(Hovering the rectangle with my invisible cursor Cheesy)

(With the little rectangle klicked and mouse pressed)

What do you think about the black border around the window? Good idea?
StratusOakmont

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 07:25:39 PM

thats a real and nice work. i usually had to open tab to open link of recent blocks mined . Is it available for download?

LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 07:39:17 PM

thats a real and nice work. i usually had to open tab to open link of recent blocks mined . Is it available for download?
Above is a link to dropbox or google drive to download the latest beta version. The program isn't final yet. If it is final some day i'm going to upload it on a site for you to download it. Keep a look into this thread preiodically i'm going to upload new versions periodically.

Just came into my mind:
What do you guys think about the fact, that the announcement message is hidden with the new type of display too... What about putting this notification back into the upper left corner? Of course i'm going to add an option to disable this.
LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 10:10:12 PM

If you are testing my program right now, please note, that it is not working properly because the blockexplorer.com api is unavailable at the moment...

LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:18:24 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 02:01:04 PM by LsHallo

Version V1.4.1

Changes:
-No new notifications for 15min after one price notification to prevent from spamming.
-The images are included in the jar file so the img folder is gone.
-Added an error message if the connection to the api fails

Download:
Google Drive
Dropbox
pjsonowal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:33:47 PM

Thats a nice work by Op . Thanks for the java app  Cheesy

LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:17:00 PM

Thats a nice work by Op . Thanks for the java app  Cheesy
Nice to hear that! Any suggestions what is missing or should be changed?
pjsonowal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 06:28:18 PM

Having problem usd price says below 200 but btc price is above $310.. Please fix it.. Otherwise its nice

LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 06:43:20 PM

Having problem usd price says below 200 but btc price is above $310.. Please fix it.. Otherwise its nice
Maybe it failed to get the price. I set the price variable by default to 123.45$. Maybe you check the price in the overlay window.
Indianacoin

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:35:03 PM

First of all, sorry for my late reply! Today I checked the new version. Everything was alright but there's some bug with block-syncing error like this one but it occurs sometimes (once in every 15 clicks).

Overall this version is quite satisfying and few more things I would like to mention before calling it fully perfect Smiley are as follows:

1. Add a setting where one can set the price & block notifier interval.

2. Add a feature where one can drag the hovering rectangle anywhere on the upper screen because sometimes it is needed, specially when someone is using Photoshop Wink
LsHallo (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:41:16 PM

First of all, sorry for my late reply! Today I checked the new version. Everything was alright but there's some bug with block-syncing error like this one but it occurs sometimes (once in every 15 clicks).

Overall this version is quite satisfying and few more things I would like to mention before calling it fully perfect Smiley are as follows:

1. Add a setting where one can set the price & block notifier interval.

2. Add a feature where one can drag the hovering rectangle anywhere on the upper screen because sometimes it is needed, specially when someone is using Photoshop Wink

Very good ideas! Going to implement them right away. The Connection error is related to the blockexplorer api and not the programs fault. I will add a second api soon. But not sure which.
Indianacoin

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:52:53 PM

Very good ideas! Going to implement them right away. The Connection error is related to the blockexplorer api and not the programs fault. I will add a second api soon. But not sure which.

Hey mate,

Did you try Blockchain's or Blocktrail's api ? Maybe they are more stable ? Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: