Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:05:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree people barrow money for gambling?  (Read 18524 times)
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:53:04 AM

i dont really care about this as people can do whatever they want with their money even lend it for gambling
What if this people is your relatives or member of your family do you still don't care? For me if one of my family barrowing money because of gambling I as her/him to stop because it destroyed our family.

thats a different case between the lender and the person who is asking for a loan to gamble. the point of the post you quoted is he as general point of view while in your point is as the person asking the loan. its just a different case so nothing related on such basis

Yes lenders only look for profits at the end and some of them may not worried about what borrower will do with the money as long as they have a collateral then they will lend the money but some people will not lend because they think they will be indirectly putting one family in a difficult position so it all depends on people mind set. But I know some one is borrowing money for gambling then I will not lend money at any cost.
but many people who do take loans and surely able to pay back the loan from their jobs etc... are pretty acceptable .
lending to gamblers who want to or think to pay back from their bet is just a fantasy ,not to fall in.

But both the case are not good in my view, If you fail in your attempt to pay back the loan, you will go for other resources which would make some time work out and many time may lead to run away. So, lending out for gambling or trading is not good for expecting the repayment on schedule.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 09:18:19 AM

So, lending out for gambling or trading is not good for expecting the repayment on schedule.

Its a gamble anyway , if he win then he will repay it on time plus the interest but if he dont win then the repayment may be longer . It is about trust, I would lend someone I know even if he use it for gambling
yakelbtc

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

0x7ae5adbc7a0429a49b6e6ed4a8a89ffbbae6125f

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 10:09:31 AM

So, lending out for gambling or trading is not good for expecting the repayment on schedule.

Its a gamble anyway , if he win then he will repay it on time plus the interest but if he dont win then the repayment may be longer . It is about trust, I would lend someone I know even if he use it for gambling
You would lend someone you know. Even he/ she use in gambling but ask for collateral for safety of your money, because now a days its not easy to trust somebody even your friend or relative,

StevenLiang

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:06:06 PM

i dont really care about this as people can do whatever they want with their money even lend it for gambling
What if this people is your relatives or member of your family do you still don't care? For me if one of my family barrowing money because of gambling I as her/him to stop because it destroyed our family.

thats a different case between the lender and the person who is asking for a loan to gamble. the point of the post you quoted is he as general point of view while in your point is as the person asking the loan. its just a different case so nothing related on such basis

Yes lenders only look for profits at the end and some of them may not worried about what borrower will do with the money as long as they have a collateral then they will lend the money but some people will not lend because they think they will be indirectly putting one family in a difficult position so it all depends on people mind set. But I know some one is borrowing money for gambling then I will not lend money at any cost.
but many people who do take loans and surely able to pay back the loan from their jobs etc... are pretty acceptable .
lending to gamblers who want to or think to pay back from their bet is just a fantasy ,not to fall in.

Let's talk about their lending interest, 1 week 15%. How cool.
Sometimes with that condition, i ever think that some of the borrower will use it for gambling.

Anyway, we cannot ask loan for gambling, even if you're a really good gambler. (but you ask loan because you're just lost)
You will thanks for this suggestion. Let's think again, what is the benefit on gambling? Is that really important so you have to borrow money just for spend it on there? How many profit you already make until today? And how if your family know that you're borrow money for gambling?
StevenLiang

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:12:19 PM

When your friend got lost with your money, actually you give them opportunity for "hardtime" to pay you back.
Gambling is not for get money.

If you really care about your friend, you will reject their asking for borrow money.
Bagus Tubagus

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:16:58 PM

Naa,I have never seen anyone taking a loan for gambling.
I am addicted to dice but have never taken a loan for gambling.
some of people i think he want to borrow money for gambling and he post on wrong section, but yeah i disagree for it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1223897.msg12807441#msg12807441
StevenLiang

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:22:24 PM

some of people i think he want to borrow money for gambling and he post on wrong section, but yeah i disagree for it.

When someone decide to borrow money for gambling, i think they already got addicted with fantasy that "they can get money from gamble" which in fact, they just lose. If they're not lose and can make big profit like that, they would not asking for loan.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:17:58 AM

well i think he is just trying to sell his account but instead of selling, he is pretending to be asking for a loan that he dont intend to return.
yakelbtc

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:38:04 AM

well i think he is just trying to sell his account but instead of selling, he is pretending to be asking for a loan that he dont intend to return.
When you are become addicted in gamble you can think some not good IDEA or bad attitude, just to barrow money to recover in gambling.

MinerHQ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:46:07 AM

I think that user was trying sell his account for money to gamble but without noticing posted in gambling section for loan. Looks like fully addicted to gambling
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 01:10:46 AM

I think that user was trying sell his account for money to gamble but without noticing posted in gambling section for loan. Looks like fully addicted to gambling

Maybe he just made a mistake, I don't think he's necessarily addicted to gambling, however anything is possible. He was willing to offer his account as collateral, so I don't think that he would run off with the money, unless he really disregards his account.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 11:15:13 AM

This must be a common situation that gambling make the people to do anything for gambling out of that diction that gambling has given to them. So we must avoid the situation of getting addicted of the gambling to borrow money to gamble.
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:41:12 PM

Totally disagree, if u dont have money, dont gamble

Yes, if you don't have money then there is no need to gamble. Its very simple, if you can't afford the money for gambling and if you have to borrow the money for the gambling purpose then you should understand that you will be in a big financial trouble once you loose the borrowed money.
Triple

Activity: 847
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 07:18:12 PM

Totally disagree, if u dont have money, dont gamble

Yes, if you don't have money then there is no need to gamble. Its very simple, if you can't afford the money for gambling and if you have to borrow the money for the gambling purpose then you should understand that you will be in a big financial trouble once you loose the borrowed money.

lol. I can't believe this thread is still going. I think it's a general consensus that people SHOULD NEVER borrow money to gamble.

Available for Rent - 25 Posts $100/Week. PM me
xmaxbit

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 06:47:45 AM

Yeah they do it and its not a new thing.
gampher

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 09:14:54 AM

Let's talk about their lending interest, 1 week 15%. How cool.
Sometimes with that condition, i ever think that some of the borrower will use it for gambling.

Anyway, we cannot ask loan for gambling, even if you're a really good gambler. (but you ask loan because you're just lost)
You will thanks for this suggestion. Let's think again, what is the benefit on gambling? Is that really important so you have to borrow money just for spend it on there? How many profit you already make until today? And how if your family know that you're borrow money for gambling?
why are you speaking of interests here ? it's an interest and people take loans ,
stop looking for benefits in every aspect of life.
techboy2

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:26:14 PM

NO. Nobody should lend money for somebody to gamble it away.
yakelbtc

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 03:40:24 PM

I don't think it's good for lenders or borrowers because this money will most likely be gambled away and lender won't get anything back.
Your wrong I don't think lender will not ask collateral specially when the borrower will use in gambling, lender will always secure her money before he give the money to the borrower.

bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 06:33:59 PM

For me i dont agree if you barrow for gamble it you  cannot lend to me.. but if you use it for your rent to your house or food or something you want to buy. I can lend to you but if you have a colateral...

Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 03:48:42 PM

For me i dont agree if you barrow for gamble it you  cannot lend to me.. but if you use it for your rent to your house or food or something you want to buy. I can lend to you but if you have a colateral...

It is better not to lend to somebody for the purpose of gambling. It is very possible that the person will lose the borrowed money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: