Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:04:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 100[btc] Bounty  (Read 1968 times)
Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 07:44:25 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2015, 07:59:31 PM by Heutenamos

I think it is only another fake account created only for the purpose to post/spam a lot o messages in this thread (by who is enrolled in a sig. campaign). But maybe I'm wrong....

reason reasonable, but with see 4 activity in their profile it give only chances +- 30% that this OP is fake account who only used for following signature campaign.

or if you assuming that there are some commentator in this thread which is original owner from OP account, then who is it?
kampretkabur, letyouearn, Nobitcoin, Hexcoin, monbux, zeraTunerse or me

yeah, this is just my opinion without any offend anyone Smiley
monbux  Shocked Roll Eyes is the original owner. Undecided

yo
stellargratis

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 07:56:51 PM

one word sayings
"be Carefull"
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:25:14 PM

So, basically, the guy created your account and set a warch-only address?  That's what I'm seeing unless I missed something.
That sounds about right.

Unfortunately this kind of scam is attempted fairly often, and AFAICT has very little success, however through the eyes of a new user of Bitcoin the setup sounds legitimate and new users would be the ones to fall for it if they are not warned sufficiently quickly. 
mdgreasyjohn

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

cancer sucks

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 09:17:28 PM

i dont quite understand if you and the seller cant use it and you are both talking whats the problem... or the whole  thing is a wash
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 09:53:12 PM

i dont quite understand if you and the seller cant use it and you are both talking whats the problem... or the whole  thing is a wash
I think that the seller had a watch-only  wallet, the seller used that to exchange between him and OP. OP got scammed in fiat but seller didn't have any bitcoin at all.
bb2ebb

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 11:10:30 PM

I think it is only another fake account created only for the purpose to post/spam a lot o messages in this thread (by who is enrolled in a sig. campaign). But maybe I'm wrong....

yeah, this is just my opinion without any offend anyone Smiley
monbux  Shocked Roll Eyes is the original owner. Undecided

please don't troll me sir  Smiley
helpneeded101 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 11:53:12 PM

I think that the seller had a watch-only  wallet, the seller used that to exchange between him and OP. OP got scammed in fiat but seller didn't have any bitcoin at all.

This makes some sense, but my worry is, initially it was only 20 btc, yesterday when i opened the thread it was 205, now its 246, why are bitcoins still being sent to the wallet? I have 2fa for the wallet. I just dont understand what the guy is doing. He has not blocked me from contact and generally answers  my chats, but am wondering why he is so calm when 246 bitcoins are lying in that wallet nd he may never have access to them, i dont know if im missing something
pokerowned
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1051

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 11:57:07 PM

This makes some sense, but my worry is, initially it was only 20 btc, yesterday when i opened the thread it was 205, now its 246, why are bitcoins still being sent to the wallet? I have 2fa for the wallet. I just dont understand what the guy is doing. He has not blocked me from contact and generally answers  my chats, but am wondering why he is so calm when 246 bitcoins are lying in that wallet nd he may never have access to them, i dont know if im missing something

are there any outoing transactions from the wallet? i know you say you have 2fa enabled but check to see if any outgoing transactions have happened. the guy may have a way around the 2fa and would show why he is not worried and is so calm
helpneeded101 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 12:01:24 AM

are there any outoing transactions from the wallet? i know you say you have 2fa enabled but check to see if any outgoing transactions have happened. the guy may have a way around the 2fa and would show why he is not worried and is so calm
There are no outgoing even though i received an email from blockchain saying there was a transaction declined, its not only 2fa, the wallet is secured to my ip as well
pokerowned
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1051

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 12:06:42 AM

There are no outgoing even though i received an email from blockchain saying there was a transaction declined, its not only 2fa, the wallet is secured to my ip as well

then is does seem odd that hes replying to your messages and keeping contact but not releasing any money to you.
Zombier0

Activity: 435

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 12:14:53 AM

Why not call bank and grt wire back?

helpneeded101 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 12:20:34 AM

Why not call bank and grt wire back?
Have done so, may take 90days
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:50:56 PM

If you payed with bank transfer, you should know at least the real name of the guy. If you are in a same country you could maybe find a lawyer and try to force him to pay it back.
OK, you set the 2FA on that account. Is it a web account or more secure one?
 Is it possible that he continues to scam others and this is why BTC is still being sent to that account?

lama-hunter

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 11:02:07 PM

just send the btc to this adress 12854DSCRTpxTGXXJiZsVMZY9W9eNAtqYk Cheesy then everything will be good  Grin
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 01:55:46 AM

Either OP got scammed hard or is just trolling people to waste their time. Either way, this thread is pretty much pointless for now.

StevenLiang

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:13:03 PM

Either OP got scammed hard or is just trolling people to waste their time. Either way, this thread is pretty much pointless for now.

The OP hope to get helped from "genius-EthicHacker" and split the amount of BTC on that address.
"18U76Dc9KqQtvAFZmxKQU5FxCXQS149FKz"
100 BTC for the "genius-EthicHacker" and the rest goes to his new wallet address.

I'm sorry from my late post that accuse you as a scammer, helpneeded101
But now, you are really a scammer.

If you are really the owner of the wallet. You'll complain with my late post. And give your "brief explanation or answer".
But, you not.

bitart

Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 10:24:46 PM

So this was only a fake story with a strange bitcoin address involved or I have missed the point?
Helpneeded101 has not needed help at all, was only entertaining us thats nice Smiley
helpneeded101 (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 10:31:00 PM

So this was only a fake story with a strange bitcoin address involved or I have missed the point?
Helpneeded101 has not needed help at all, was only entertaining us thats nice Smiley
well, tell me what help i have managed to get so far
poplolnman
Legendary

Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 04:30:37 AM

Ok no one believe in this story so is this op necessary to get neg rep?? Since this case seems like he is trying to own someone addrress that he claim like the story above.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 05:27:44 AM

This makes some sense, but my worry is, initially it was only 20 btc, yesterday when i opened the thread it was 205, now its 246, why are bitcoins still being sent to the wallet? I have 2fa for the wallet. I just dont understand what the guy is doing. He has not blocked me from contact and generally answers  my chats, but am wondering why he is so calm when 246 bitcoins are lying in that wallet nd he may never have access to them, i dont know if im missing something

As already said by others, it is a watch-only address (can you check whether it actually is?) and the address is controlled by some other guy (not you, not him). Why do you bother if he mines them Huh
Those bitcoins aren't his, so why should he be worried?

You got to understand what private key is lol. Cheesy

Wow. Tongue
Even if this guy really had 20BTC on that account, he doesn't need to access the wallet secured with your "2FA" since he already has the private key.

tl;dr simple version.
1. You are given a wallet that simply shows the balance of an address the other guy picked to scam you.
2. You see the balance and sends him the amount.

Some facts:
1. This guy does not or did not ever control that address.
2. Anyone with the private key of an address can access the address. So if I give you a wallet loaded with a private key, and you secure that wallet, I can simply use another wallet, load the private key into it and use the funds.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: