Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:54:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe the singularity will come?
Yes, undoubtedly within the next week or so
Yes, probably this decade.
Yes, probably within my lifetime.
Yes, probably this century.
Yes, but probably not for a long time.
No.
What's the singularity?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Singularity  (Read 4577 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 06:29:12 AM

Bitcoin has been part of my singularity plans since I had heard of it.

Having plans for the post singularity world is a logical fallacy for a human intelligence.
That implies that Hex there is of human intelligence. How do you know that they're not an AI?
He has to few posts to be a bot.

I said AI, not bot. Bot is human-programmed. AI programs itself.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 06:44:05 AM

Having plans for the post singularity world is a logical fallacy for a human intelligence.
That implies that Hex there is of human intelligence. How do you know that they're not an AI?

Now we are getting somewhere. So you believe that intelligence is an entity on it self that can evolve independently? Intelligence or consciousness is evolution hard wired in us based on external stimuli for generations. Our own sense of "Me" is a social adaptation in primate evolution. Whenever I see an example of a convincing A.I. I always wonder if it is not me who is tricked into feeling that this artificial presence is intelligent. I could just be like a cat in front of a mirror.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 07:06:28 AM

Now we are getting somewhere. So you believe that intelligence is an entity on it self that can evolve independently? Intelligence or consciousness is evolution hard wired in us based on external stimuli for generations. Our own sense of "Me" is a social adaptation in primate evolution. Whenever I see an example of a convincing A.I. I always wonder if it is not me who is tricked into feeling that this artificial presence is intelligent. I could just be like a cat in front of a mirror.

The same could be said of your friends and family. How do you know that anyone other than yourself is a thinking, conscious being?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 12:04:53 PM

Yep Myrkul, and your own brain cannot judge your own intelligence on any scale. Cats most likely think they are smarter than us Except for the ones that get fooled by their own reflection.

my point: You cannot have an intelligence separated from the environment. You need breeding and natural selection to evolve intelligence. A single entity getting smarter by itself is a Si-Fi myth.

Intelligence is evolution as everything else. Social primates as us which depends on a community group, have evolved competition within our own spieces. We serve the group as we serve self interests. This is what we percieve as own intelligence.

The first true A.I. will not be build, it will be discovered. It will be a mutated computer virus that is so fundamentally different from anything programmed by a human, that there can be no doubt. This will be initiated by some garbage code made in a glitch in some ramstick somewhere.

This is how biological life started and this is how A.iI. will start.

A naturally parallel to such a scenario would be the "Jacob Creutzfeldt disease"; a mutated protein that has a mechanism for self replication in the infected cells. It is not even a virus , even less alive than a virus. It's a mirror image of a common protein that gets accumulated in the infected cell to a slightly larger extent that the correct protein, until the cell dies and spreads it proteins to infect other cells. There are really no drugs that can combat this protein.

To have a walking talking A.I  You need several primitive computer life forms that can evolve and exchange code (sex). Later on you need more complex artificial lifeforms in communities that can evolve culture and intelligence. If This A.I. culture gets smart enough and discovers that the universe it lives in is man made. It might try to decode human language and send us an email or start a religion.

You can argue that every time we have some unpredicted behaviour in a computer model, it is a reminder That the computer really doesn't care it has found a shorter path for it' electrons through it's gates totally oblivious to the fact that it is trying to predict the weather next Thursday.

Computers are confined to the natural world and the laws of physics and as such they also are predisposed to evolve life if they are given enough time and no opposition from us.

- Another argument to deregulate the internet.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: