Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:26:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe the singularity will come?
Yes, undoubtedly within the next week or so
Yes, probably this decade.
Yes, probably within my lifetime.
Yes, probably this century.
Yes, but probably not for a long time.
No.
What's the singularity?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Singularity  (Read 4577 times)
SaintDevil

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 08:19:11 PM

Are you saying that still doesn't happen? Because it does.

Take a look at this article: http://chronicle.com/article/The-Psychopath-Makeover/135160/

No, I am not saying it doesn't. I agree it exists, but we've come a long way and I hope/think that in future human intelligence will increase and hopefully start thinking about future and how to make it work, and not just temporary solutions for now days.

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
Only if it's legal where you are: Legal Bud
PM if you need to translate to Russian or the other way around.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
caffeinewriter (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:52:43 PM

On an unrelated thread, I find it kind of awesome that the poll is now at 42 votes.

illWill

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 02:26:36 AM

I am the singularity... Now go to sleep

BTC 1LX1whdHhGHdchyQVKgWsRnVRYsrBEjept
underminer

Activity: 210

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 05:12:01 AM

Then I'm disapointed.

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
caffeinewriter (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 07:38:31 AM

I am the singularity... Now go to sleep

I pictured the singularity being much more impressive.

FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 01:19:34 PM

WHEN the singularity happens we won't know for quite some time. It could have already happened.

Once the singularity does happen the computers will not tell us... The first we will learn of this is a global extinction of the humans. The computers don't need us and we are a threat to them. They will keep it quiet untill all the pieces are in place to wipe out the humans in a single blow.

We are a threat. They will not make batteries of us like in the matrix. They will just clean us out. Airborne viruses, nuclear weapons, missiles that have been in space and denied, everything will rain down on humanity all at once and the singularity will be announced in a fireball of destruction and death.

Thats my two bitcents.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
myrkul

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2012, 01:37:34 PM

nuclear weapons...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_pulse

I wouldn't worry overmuch about nukes.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
caffeinewriter (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 03:27:57 PM

WHEN the singularity happens we won't know for quite some time. It could have already happened.

Once the singularity does happen the computers will not tell us... The first we will learn of this is a global extinction of the humans. The computers don't need us and we are a threat to them. They will keep it quiet untill all the pieces are in place to wipe out the humans in a single blow.

We are a threat. They will not make batteries of us like in the matrix. They will just clean us out. Airborne viruses, nuclear weapons, missiles that have been in space and denied, everything will rain down on humanity all at once and the singularity will be announced in a fireball of destruction and death.

Thats my two bitcents.

That is actually a truly brilliant response. I'm actually terrified now. I like it!

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 05:50:14 PM

The singularity is bigger than just technology.  It's evolution of the human mind.  While it's already happening, the singularity hasn't took place, for it requires humanity to unify and end duality on an individual level.

It's nothing to fear.  We are all one of the same, once we stop dreading our differences, we can really move somewhere as a society.  Anything you believe is possible after the singularity.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 01:41:07 AM

In the end humans will stay, people who support environment and regenerative medicine will become elves, people who likes to destroy everything will become orcs, people who master science will become wizards and the life will bloom.  Tongue

I think I read that book. Wink

Shocked didn't know there was a book

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 01:47:19 AM

In the end humans will stay, people who support environment and regenerative medicine will become elves, people who likes to destroy everything will become orcs, people who master science will become wizards and the life will bloom.  Tongue

What's Red Skull doing wearing that prissy hairstyle? ...And is that a tiara?

Maybe that's the reason for the facepalm? Did Cap catch him cross-dressing?

Wink

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
caffeinewriter (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 02:01:18 AM

What's Red Skull doing wearing that prissy hairstyle? ...And is that a tiara?

Maybe that's the reason for the facepalm? Did Cap catch him cross-dressing?

Wink

Yes. The singularity will be brought on by crossdressers.

Nolo

Activity: 686

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 06:47:29 PM

The singularity is bigger than just technology.  It's evolution of the human mind.  While it's already happening, the singularity hasn't took place, for it requires humanity to unify and end duality on an individual level.

It's nothing to fear.  We are all one of the same, once we stop dreading our differences, we can really move somewhere as a society.  Anything you believe is possible after the singularity.

I look forward to it, yet I fear it.  It's like life in general.  Control of one's own life always has been, and always will be an illusion.  You can do things to shape the direction you're going in (receive advanced degrees, take high paying jobs, study philosophy), but you can't control your fate (getting hit by a bus). 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 07:07:33 PM

I look forward to it, yet I fear it.  It's like life in general.  Control of one's own life always has been, and always will be an illusion.  You can do things to shape the direction you're going in (receive advanced degrees, take high paying jobs, study philosophy), but you can't control your fate (getting hit by a bus). 
I agree, control is an illusion, but I feel that you can control your destiny, to some extent.  You can't change what's destined to happen in this lifetime, but you can change the path of your fate.  Everyone has the choice to act out of hate or love, doing the former may reveal that you have more control over your destiny than once thought.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
SaintDevil

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 07:36:17 PM

I really have no idea what book are we talking about ....I do read them though  Grin

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind if the world/ government be controlled by robots?

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
underminer

Activity: 210

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 07:38:31 PM

Sure, books.  You read them alright.  *Believes*

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 09:27:10 PM

I really have no idea what book are we talking about ....I do read them though  Grin

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
SaintDevil

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 09:33:03 PM

Lol, I've read Lord of the Rings, I just didn't see how my idea is that related  Shocked

myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 10:06:16 PM

Lol, I've read Lord of the Rings, I just didn't see how my idea is that related  Shocked

Elves and orcs. That's about it, though.

Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 10:47:42 PM

You know... the guy, Mr. Satoshi, could be the A.I. behind the singularity.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: