Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:36:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Real physical stuff vs Online services?  (Read 2835 times)
vlajce (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

welcome

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:21:24 PM

So I was wondering.. how many of you spend your money (or BTC) on buying real stuff here or ordering/investing in wallets or gamble or other services?

I read most of the topics here and many of them involves DONT TRUST in wallets they are scam and barely ive heard that someone got tricked by buying physical goods here ( most of them are bitcoins irl) ... so on which side are you the most?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:32:02 AM

I've actually never bought a physical stuff with bitcoins. But I'm buying almost all of my IT related stuff (hosting, domains, etc) with bitcoins.

And it's not about trust. It's about online money/bitcoin flow.

bct-user

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:21:30 PM

So I was wondering.. how many of you spend your money (or BTC) on buying real stuff here or ordering/investing in wallets or gamble or other services?

I read most of the topics here and many of them involves DONT TRUST in wallets they are scam and barely ive heard that someone got tricked by buying physical goods here ( most of them are bitcoins irl) ... so on which side are you the most?

just buy a digital stuff related my daily needs.

anyway what a kind wallet which a scam Huh there are nothing bitcoin wallet scam, just don't use online wallet for save your all coins, especially blockchain wallet, a lot trouble with their service recently. if you use cold wallet you haven't got a problem.
also i invest in my wallet.
christycalhoun

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 05:58:33 PM

I has been a long time since I used bitcoin to buy any physical goods. i mostly use it in investments right now.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 01:24:51 AM

I buy a ton of digital goods and services like domains, hosting, gift cards, etc.  I've also purchased a lot of physical goods from members here (mainly).  Most of them were coins and crypto related stuff...
But I've purchased more digital goods than physical.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:07:51 PM

I have also bought more online/digital goods stuff than physical goods. Plane tickets, domains, Vpn services are only some of my digital goods bought. I have also bough one physical thing with Bitcoin, that's my Trezor hardware wallet. Proud about it.

I think it's normal that people buy more digital goods than physical stuff. Physical things need to be shipped and Bitcoin marketplace isn't still well developed to find the best price together with shipping to a certain place where customer lives.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 01:02:30 PM

i bought something in the past gaming especially, because they are fast and affordable, but mostly i'm selling stuff here, if i can

i prefer to use other way for expensive things, and sadly not with bitcoin directly
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 01:19:00 PM

Where I am there really aren't very many places taking Bitcoin. I've probably bought more physical stuff from the one big operation that accepts it than digital stuff from elsewhere. I'd make a lot more use of it if it was possible.
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 01:29:25 PM

I only bought online services with bitcoins. There are few physical stuff to buy with bitcoins but i think it will change in near future.
Broggi

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:36:08 AM

I bought online services with bitcoins and i also use them to gamle. Actually i´m thinking about to buy a new pc with my bitcoin to play new videogames. I just need to find a good and trusful shop.
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 08:02:20 AM

There are not enough places to get food or real goods around at all.
That's why I prefer to use bitcoin to buy online services. That's it.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 08:11:51 AM

Well think about this: I buy a bitcoin debit card, load some btc into it and then buy some physical goods, will it still be "classified" as buying with bitcoin or not? If its yes, I buy physical goods a lot ,but the amount I spend on digital goods still outnumbers the physical one.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 10:51:25 AM

I sporadically buy physical things with Bitcoin, and most of the Bitcoin I spend is definitely for physical goods. I don't invest or use any form of online wallet and I rarely gamble Cheesy And when I do it's with pocket change.

Well think about this: I buy a bitcoin debit card, load some btc into it and then buy some physical goods, will it still be "classified" as buying with bitcoin or not? If its yes, I buy physical goods a lot ,but the amount I spend on digital goods still outnumbers the physical one.

The same old question... I guess the answer is you're using fiat after all.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 11:01:09 AM

The same old question... I guess the answer is you're using fiat after all.
In that case I guess most of the answers here are about fiat as well, if they are not buying from a forum member but from a site. In that case BTC would first be converted to fiat and then be used to pay the site, which is similar to my situation. Anyway not looking forward to this discussion as this is something off-topic.
Hexcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 01:28:42 PM

I only use my bitcoins to cash to buy some physical goods but i dont buy goods using bitcoins
Corealz

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 01:29:35 AM

I want to keep my bitcoins online for now. Who knows, maybe I would be put on a government watch list for buying stuff from overstock with bitcoins  Cheesy
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 01:16:46 PM

After i eneterd into the crypto/bitcoin world, i spent/using bitcoin as my pocket money and also bougt lot of physical goods and digital goods too! Smiley
I spent more bitcoins then fiat (indian rupees) this year Grin
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3408

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 05:52:03 PM

Mainly I spend my earned bitcoins in buying domains and hosting plans and at the same time use it for some personal projects and in terms of buying real physical stuff, I still do it with bitcoin but in person and I rather not do so in terms of over the forums but there are a lot of people in which do buy physical stuff here with their bitcoins and they seem happy ( it's just matter of knowing who you have to deal with )

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Laosai

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 07:52:45 AM

Personally I used to cash out first my BTC then will use cash to buy physical stuffs on malls. But I will try buying real stuffs directly with bitcoin just for a change sooner Cheesy Sometimes I also do spend it with buying mobile airtime and some digital stuffs like online accounts. I rarely gamble, just gambling when quite bored Grin

StevenLiang

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:39:41 AM

I bought online services with bitcoins and i also use them to gamle. Actually i´m thinking about to buy a new pc with my bitcoin to play new videogames. I just need to find a good and trusful shop.

There are a lot trusted online shop which accept bitcoin now. In my country, there are quite a lot official bitcoin online shop. And we also can buy real stuff (physical stuff) by buying or selling on buy&sell forum.

(Middleman) surely from their site service.
Buyer send their BTC first to the site, and after "site" accept the money
seller got 3 days limit time to send their stuff.
If buyer not get the physical stuff right on time or more than 3 days, he can get his BTC back.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: