Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:59:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you feel about the negative reputation of the bitcoin currency?  (Read 5981 times)
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:05:36 PM

i dont care about it,people dont know about bitcoin,mainstream media are delivering only some news to read them,there is more easy to sell bad news.You can ask ordinary peopleabout btcandwhat they think about fiat money,printing,frauds,speculations,about btc thay mostly dont know,,dont know is not bad reputation,fiat money,thay want them

Yes many people still till now even without any idea about what's Bitcoin currency, it's not so famous like the other currencies, till now at least, and then we can't talk about "bad reputation" of Bitcoin
I suppose. I just feel it'd be a good idea to have our stories straight and our image shaped into a positive aesthetic before we even push ourselves out there.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 11:51:35 AM

When bitcoin is regulated properly, the reputation will improve further even though I think bitcoin has quite good reputation now.
I don't want it to be regulated.

Wrong approach if you want that bitcoin go forward. Without regulations and legalization it will be never a future for it. No one country will accept it. Then where is the problem of regulation? If you are a criminal or want to hide something bad I can understand your point of view but if you are a normal people it will be the same. If you want to change bitcoin nowadays almost all the exchanges now (anywhere you are or they are) ask for your identity and proofs about it. If you want bitcoin (and are not a miner) you must buy it. Can be bought in an exchange which will want your identity and the proofs of it. Your anonymity is gone with this action.

So the only thing that can made the people to not accept the regulation its the power of bitcoin to not reveal the identity of the owner; otherwise called anonymity. This specific is already gone. So why not the regulation when ask nothing and give to much to it?
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:06:15 PM

When bitcoin is regulated properly, the reputation will improve further even though I think bitcoin has quite good reputation now.
I don't want it to be regulated.

Wrong approach if you want that bitcoin go forward. Without regulations and legalization it will be never a future for it. No one country will accept it. Then where is the problem of regulation? If you are a criminal or want to hide something bad I can understand your point of view but if you are a normal people it will be the same. If you want to change bitcoin nowadays almost all the exchanges now (anywhere you are or they are) ask for your identity and proofs about it. If you want bitcoin (and are not a miner) you must buy it. Can be bought in an exchange which will want your identity and the proofs of it. Your anonymity is gone with this action.

So the only thing that can made the people to not accept the regulation its the power of bitcoin to not reveal the identity of the owner; otherwise called anonymity. This specific is already gone. So why not the regulation when ask nothing and give to much to it?
Fine. I'm okay with that I guess.
anthonycamp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:11:14 PM

you take this too seriuse i mean its just money every one can do crime even with fiat and fiat its more used still to crime and terror but the gate of btc for anonimous its big and the crime can occur too much wee need control  a bit but as i say its just money and i still do it for the fun not for crime like many otheres.
ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:55:57 PM

The negative reputation of bitcoin is tight to mt.gox and silk road. People  think that bitcoin is mostly used to buy drugs and weapons. But in reality bitcoin is more than a financial tool to obtain drugs.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 01:57:20 PM

The negative reputation of bitcoin is tight to mt.gox and silk road. People  think that bitcoin is mostly used to buy drugs and weapons. But in reality bitcoin is more than a financial tool to obtain drugs.

This is true. But even after Silk Road the use of bitcoin in the Dark Web is enormous. According to CoinDesk "Dark Web Markets Processed More Bitcoin than BitPay in 2014". Following some data from this article:

"... Kyle Soska and Nicolas Christin from Carnegie Mellon University revealed that even by conservative estimates the daily sales volume of six large-scale dark markets reached up to $650,000 in 2014.

The bitcoin merchant processor's self-reported annual total, $158.8m, would produce a daily average of around $435,000."

More can be found here: http://www.coindesk.com/dark-web-markets-processed-more-bitcoin-than-bitpay-in-2014/

So the people have right in thinking that bitcoin is used mainly from the criminals and culprits. The only thing that can fight this is the regulations of bitcoin. In this way, bitcoin will be known by to many other kind of people, will be owned and used by them and will be not more only an illegal currency used by the above firsts people.

As for being more than a financial tool to obtain drugs this is more hard to be understand and explained because even to many of us which have time in learning and using it is hard to find which of its technological qualities can (might) be used or have importance in the real life except being an currency.
tom555

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:54:40 PM

i feel sad,and one of negative thing about bitcoin causes legalizing.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:35:33 PM

i feel sad,and one of negative thing about bitcoin causes legalizing.

Bitcoin is already legal in many developed countries, it's just like the other currencies, a tool to make trades , selling buying online and offline. I don't think that legalizing represent real problem for bitcoin's users
kvlolo

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:44:48 PM

It's normal, you know, each coin has two sides.

I'm looking for the best way to keep my bitcoins growing.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 06:03:03 PM

The negative reputation of bitcoin is tight to mt.gox and silk road. People  think that bitcoin is mostly used to buy drugs and weapons. But in reality bitcoin is more than a financial tool to obtain drugs.

This is true. But even after Silk Road the use of bitcoin in the Dark Web is enormous. According to CoinDesk "Dark Web Markets Processed More Bitcoin than BitPay in 2014". Following some data from this article:

"... Kyle Soska and Nicolas Christin from Carnegie Mellon University revealed that even by conservative estimates the daily sales volume of six large-scale dark markets reached up to $650,000 in 2014.

The bitcoin merchant processor's self-reported annual total, $158.8m, would produce a daily average of around $435,000."

More can be found here: http://www.coindesk.com/dark-web-markets-processed-more-bitcoin-than-bitpay-in-2014/

So the people have right in thinking that bitcoin is used mainly from the criminals and culprits. The only thing that can fight this is the regulations of bitcoin. In this way, bitcoin will be known by to many other kind of people, will be owned and used by them and will be not more only an illegal currency used by the above firsts people.

As for being more than a financial tool to obtain drugs this is more hard to be understand and explained because even to many of us which have time in learning and using it is hard to find which of its technological qualities can (might) be used or have importance in the real life except being an currency.

Very good point and I share your view. Smiley

Yes, Bitcoin is used mainly from the criminals, culprits and gambling. This is the pure true. That report is very accurate. Who is using BTC for shopping? You have to think logically.Why you would buy something with BTC when you have credit /debit cards and they are INSTANT and NO fees?

BTC is a niche e-currency that it's used by the black markets mostly. Yes, there are is percentage of people who are using with good faith but these do not count.

Hellacopter

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 06:09:15 PM

It's normal, you know, each coin has two sides.

I don't believe about bad reputation about Bitcoin, it's just thoughts and rumors nor a real facts indeed.
Bitcoin have a lot of enemies worldwide and they don't like to support it so they they spread this wrong things about it
Eastwind

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 07:55:54 PM

Most news about bitcoin is positive recently.
sana9821

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:03:45 PM

i dont care about it personally though i think that some people might get less interested in bitcoins because of that though its just my opinion

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 10:27:48 PM

Most news about bitcoin is positive recently.
Links please?
prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:37:21 AM

This remembers me when and other cryptocurrencies like perfectmoney webmoney,
Which are/were used for the same things like you mentioned.
These are money so everything you can do with cash you can do with cryptocurrencies so it isn't needed to accuse bitcoin for illegal activities.   
Hellacopter

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:00:07 PM

This remembers me when and other cryptocurrencies like perfectmoney webmoney,
Which are/were used for the same things like you mentioned.
These are money so everything you can do with cash you can do with cryptocurrencies so it isn't needed to accuse bitcoin for illegal activities.   

I am agree with you , man. Many other ewallets was used to make illegal transactions , like perfect money in the past, for example. And the money can be used in the leagal or illegal cases as known, so i don't think that's exceptional or giving bad reputation for btc exceptionally
leex1528

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:03:25 PM

Bitcoin will always have a negative reputation because it is newer.  Not many people like change and it is hard to adapt to.  We will see what happens over time but I don't think Bitcoin will be accepted for another 5 years at least.  Time fixes all.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:18:24 PM

Bitcoin will always have a negative reputation because it is newer.  Not many people like change and it is hard to adapt to.  We will see what happens over time but I don't think Bitcoin will be accepted for another 5 years at least.  Time fixes all.

Because it is new it does not mean that is is bad.
Bitcoin is very innovative and soon will change the way how we deal through internet.
I think it only needs time for people to understand what really is bitcoin and how it works.
Cuidler

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:56:30 PM

Bitcoin is very innovative and soon will change the way how we deal through internet.
I think it only needs time for people to understand what really is bitcoin and how it works.

People in general are sceptical to new things or learning to use things differently. But if world moves toward higher freedoom over time, then no doubt decentralized public ledgers like Bitcoin will become standard for currency.

I think most negativity about Bitcoin comes from people because they think Bitcoin is not backed by anything and created out of nothing by group of geeks. People want to believe in illusion their national currency is safe and perfect, remember - everybody is learned to use national currency as the only option, and as I told any change is difficult (you wont learn old dogs new tricks easily, if at all Smiley).

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:19:31 PM

People in general are sceptical to new things or learning to use things differently. But if world moves toward higher freedoom over time, then no doubt decentralized public ledgers like Bitcoin will become standard for currency.

I think most negativity about Bitcoin comes from people because they think Bitcoin is not backed by anything and created out of nothing by group of geeks. People want to believe in illusion their national currency is safe and perfect, remember - everybody is learned to use national currency as the only option, and as I told any change is difficult (you wont learn old dogs new tricks easily, if at all Smiley).

Well about the skepticism it is right that the people are sceptical to new things.
But i think that bitcoin got negative reputation by the hackers that steal bitcoins.
And/or do suspicions activity by dealing through bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: